Lowland Trapdoorwatch 2019-20

FairWeatherFan

54 minutes ago, surely not! said:

That first division side had some right good players in it though. What happened to Tony Nic? He was a handful

Work commitments.  

Had to travel a bit for games like a lot of our players at the time.

He did run amoke a bit in lower Leagues.

Was a good player.

• 2 weeks later...

No CSS thread - but here they are making sure they don't fall through the trapdoor by virtue of not having a licence next season.

Only VOL without lights - their next licence review is in December, where they should get a year to sort the issue.

Worst case scenario is if the LL champions beat Brechin/Elgin in the play-off meaning no relegation from the LL - sure, there'd be a great EOS team to replace whoever goes up, but I think VOL would live to fight for another season.

17 hours ago, Ginaro said:

No CSS thread - but here they are making sure they don't fall through the trapdoor by virtue of not having a licence next season.

Only VOL without lights - their next licence review is in December, where they should get a year to sort the issue.

Worst case scenario is if the LL champions beat Brechin/Elgin in the play-off meaning no relegation from the LL - sure, there'd be a great EOS team to replace whoever goes up, but I think VOL would live to fight for another season.

No this again. I thought non floodlighted clubs had until June next year or is there different dates for different clubs  ? 

31 minutes ago, stanley said:

It's crazy to think that a team could finish bottom with 0 points and still potentially avoid relegation.  Not a good situation for the club or league.

Isnt it just but not to forget its a likewise  scenario for the Highlands,though not this season,and straight into the round 1 draw of the Scottish. Wait a minute theres naewhere for the Highland clubs to go if they finish on 0 or even 1 point. :whistle

Edited by newcastle broon

10 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

No this again. I thought non floodlighted clubs had until June next year or is there different dates for different clubs  ? 

Not being involved in the clubs in question, the assumption being made is that they'll get a year from when they're next reviewed. 

VoL haven't been reviewed yet this year.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Isnt it just but not to forget its a likewise  scenario for the Highlands,though not this season,and straight into the round 1 draw of the Scottish. Wait a minute theres naewhere for the Highland clubs to go if they finish on 0 or even 1 point. :whistle

The Highlands appear to have 0 clubs currently interested in promotion.

The Lowlands have many.

Other leagues being a mess when it comes to relegation is not a good argument for what the lowland league should do.

1 hour ago, stanley said:

The Highlands appear to have 0 clubs currently interested in promotion.

The Lowlands have many.

Other leagues being a mess when it comes to relegation is not a good argument for what the lowland league should do.

Well they are both at the same levels of Scottish football  ? 

The LL wont be opening up more relegations anytime soon.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

What is your solution then?

Already told you months ago it needs sorted from top to bottom not just tier 5.

If there are tier 6 & 7s all over then fair enough but you cant have relegation from one league at tier 5,and want 2/3 up 2/3 doon from that league and no the other surely.

That's my reason why the LL wont be in a rush anytime soon to relegate more than they need. Unless of course the SPFL open up more places from league 2 😉

The Scottish Cup rules need looked at as well. Sure theres naewhere for the Highlands to go but when the team at tier 5 gets relegated from the LL and the HFL doesn't then it's a bit lop sided wi big advantages for the North  ? 

I await your red dot :thumsup2

8 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

If there are tier 6 & 7s all over then fair enough but you cant have relegation from one league at tier 5,and want 2/3 up 2/3 doon from that league and no the other surely.

That's my reason why the LL wont be in a rush anytime soon to relegate more than they need. Unless of course the SPFL open up more places from league 2 😉

The Scottish Cup rules need looked at as well. Sure theres naewhere for the Highlands to go but when the team at tier 5 gets relegated from the LL and the HFL doesn't then it's a bit lop sided wi big advantages for the North  ? 

You haven't suggested any solutions anywhere in this post. Again.

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You haven't suggested any solutions anywhere in this post. Again.

Really I think its self explainable,maybes once the West non league clubs get involved something will happen.

Until such time make sure yer homeworks handed in on time 😉

Screenshot_20190927-141315_Samsung Internet.jpg

😂😂😂

Edited by newcastle broon

21 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

3 LL teams start in the 2nd Round of the Scottish Cup, but only 1 HL team started in the 2nd Round. Massive advantage to the LL there, probably should be looked at.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

6 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Really I think its self explainable,maybes once the West non league clubs get involved something will happen.

Until such time make sure yer homeworks handed in on time 😉

Screenshot_20190927-141315_Samsung Internet.jpg

😂😂😂

If it's "self explainable" then you should be able to explain you solutions to us all. I'm obviously too dense to understand it until you make it explicit.

Relegation-wise there are various ways of doing it... within the East of Scotland League an extra club is promoted from First Division into Premier Division, in the event of it otherwise being left 1 club short.

As regards Scottish Cup R2 - apparent 1/3 imbalance was due to Cove being promoted/Berwick relegated, as rules specify everyone in SPFL2 and top 2 in HL & LL last season join at R2.

It is wrong that Whitehill as relegated from LL had to start at PR1, while Golspie got a random bye to PR2. Sadly such anomalies have existed for several years and not been addressed.

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If it's "self explainable" then you should be able to explain you solutions to us all. I'm obviously too dense to understand it until you make it explicit.

Just giving my thoughts,didnt realise that wasnt allowed on a fitba forum. 

Like I said the whole of Scottish football needs looked at from top to bottom and for me that's got to start at hq,theyre the ones who should have solutions,not the LL  ? 

18 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

You need to come up with a better argument than just saying "surely". Our pyramid is still developing but there is no requirement for each area to end at the same level - maybe in the north it'll only ever go down to 6 or 7 whilst in the south it could go to 9 or 10.

If you look down in the English system there comes a point where in some parts of the country the pyramid stops - e.g. the North Northumberland Football League at a nominal level 14, but in other areas it continues on down to level 20 and even further below that. 

The Scottish Cup format will need to change anyway if we get a couple more teams qualifying, so everyone outside of the SPFL or top few places in tier 5 might just be put into the first round.

4 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

As regards Scottish Cup R2 - apparent 1/3 imbalance was due to Cove being promoted/Berwick relegated, as rules specify everyone in SPFL2 and top 2 in HL & LL last season join at R2.

It was mentioned to wind up NB since this is an old topic that's reared it's head a few times. Especially in the last 6 months.

They know by now that the Scottish Cup is going to be reformatted in some way due to the number of licensed clubs and qualifiers.

It's not the lower leagues in Scotland that need to address their Promotion/Relegation issues its Scottish League Two that needs sorted! 1 team down but thats only if they lose a 2 legged playoff against the winner of the Highland/Lowland league champions! The bottom team in the League Two should be relegated with the winner of the other tie going straight up.  There is far too much protection for SLFL teams imo.

10 minutes ago, gretnascotty said:

It's not the lower leagues in Scotland that need to address their Promotion/Relegation issues its Scottish League Two that needs sorted! 1 team down but thats only if they lose a 2 legged playoff against the winner of the Highland/Lowland league champions! The bottom team in the League Two should be relegated with the winner of the other tie going straight up.  There is far too much protection for SLFL teams imo.

Yer no allowed to say that though Scotty mate,that's no a solution 😉