Musselburgh Athletic F.C 2019/20

14 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Interesting comment on the crowd. I am glad you were pleased about the Burgh support. I know a few regular ‘away’ supporters who couldn’t make Saturday. Although you reckoned it was the biggest crowd of season, on your website, attendance was 170. But figures produced by Mr Blackburn, in November has the highest attendance as 226. 

I dont get to every game due to work commitments hence my crowd quote,whilst I think on that (226)  might've been  the Scottish Cup tie v Penicuik though. 

Think we had more (officially) for the Nitten game as well,maybes I got it wrong i still think Saturday was decent and up there with what I've seen this season but I'm no really one for counting crowds though 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

My guess is Mussy will bring around 200 supporters. There are 2 supporters buses running, plus the usual car travellers. Weather may have an effect though - current forecast is for rain! 

Our enclosure holds around 180 so most if not all 200 will be dry. The other 300/400 will need brollies 😀 

Attention switches to Sunday's playoff v Mid Annandale at Blackburn in the South & East of Scotland Cup-Winners' Shield... at stake qualification for next season's Scottish Cup.

Would victory deliver the first time a Musselburgh team has ever played in the Scottish Cup?

33 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Attention switches to Sunday's playoff v Mid Annandale at Blackburn in the South & East of Scotland Cup-Winners' Shield... at stake qualification for next season's Scottish Cup.

Would victory deliver the first time a Musselburgh team has ever played in the Scottish Cup?

I would say so but answered with no conviction!!

I wanted to win Saturday’s match at Whitehill much more than the play off! Having got the first one in the bag, can’t wait for the match on Sunday to kick off. I do hope there is a big Burgh support at Blackburn.

7 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Excitement getting up over the prospect of Sunday's play off match against Mid Annandale. Winners get into next year"s Scottish cup so all to play for, for both teams! 

Kick off at Blackburn United's ground is 2.00pm

Good luck to Musselburgh. I’ll be keeping an eye on how it’s going on Sunday.

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 06:40, Casey Jones said:

Excitement getting up over the prospect of Sunday's play off match against Mid Annandale. Winners get into next year"s Scottish cup so all to play for, for both teams! 

Kick off at Blackburn United's ground is 2.00pm

Darren Downie scored a fair few at NMP last season.

Musselburgh Athletic U20 are currently on the best winning run, in the East of Scotland league/conferences set-up; alongside Jeanfield Swifts.

Both have won their last 4 matches.

Burgh U20s look to make this 5 wins in a row tomorrow night. But they face strong opposition, away from home against Stirling University.

4th v 3rd in the Under 20s Conference B.

Good luck lads 👍

8 hours ago, MonsterUnderTheBed said:

Just out of curiosity, what sort of content is usually the match programme for these cup finals?

Don't know if there will be a programme for Sunday? The last two cup finals Musselburgh were in; in May and November, both times they were done by Edinburgh United. I haven't seen anything to suggest the same applies this time around.

4 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Don't know if there will be a programme for Sunday? The last two cup finals Musselburgh were in; in May and November, both times they were done by Edinburgh United. I haven't seen anything to suggest the same applies this time around.

Yes its probably the same programme editor for Sunday Casey. 

I could be wrong but think hes banned from this site though 🤔

Best of luck to you I'm sure you'll go in as hot favourites to lift your 2nd silverware of the season. 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Yes its probably the same programme editor for Sunday Casey. 

I could be wrong but think hes banned from this site though 🤔

Best of luck to you I'm sure you'll go in as hot favourites to lift your 2nd silverware of the season. 

Cheers NB.

After beating Mid Annandale earlier on the season in another cup competition, I am confident Burgh will win the play off.

But one off matches; you can never be sure and Annandale will want to be in the Scottish Cup draw next season, just as much as Musselburgh! 

Saw from pictures how good Tranent’s ground is looking with the new installed floodlights. With no football today for Musselburgh, intend to watch Haddington - St Andrews match and see how their ground work is progressing.

Great to see ground improvements at pace at a number of EoS grounds.

11 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Cheers NB.

After beating Mid Annandale earlier on the season in another cup competition, I am confident Burgh will win the play off.

But one off matches; you can never be sure and Annandale will want to be in the Scottish Cup draw next season, just as much as Musselburgh! 

In all previous editions the EOSL representative has won... handsomely... Lochar 1-6 LTHV then Tynecastle 3-0 Mid Annandale then Bonnyton 0-4 Camelon. If you look at Scottish or South Challenge results there is also a divide, and more of a chasm considering EOS Premier only.

However there is a difference between confidence and complacency - plus Mids are no mugs.

6 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

In all previous editions the EOSL representative has won... handsomely... Lochar 1-6 LTHV then Tynecastle 3-0 Mid Annandale then Bonnyton 0-4 Camelon. If you look at Scottish or South Challenge results there is also a divide, and more of a chasm considering EOS Premier only.

However there is a difference between confidence and complacency - plus Mids are no mugs.

Well said HJ - Hope Musselburgh's gaffer ensures no complacency on Sunday! 

19 minutes ago, Passthebaw said:

Well said HJ - Hope Musselburgh's gaffer ensures no complacency on Sunday! 

Cannot see any complacency on Sunday. Musselburgh beat Mid Annandale 5-0 earlier this season in another cup. In truth it could have been more.

But two things spring to mind.

It will be good to win the shield ( I think that’s what we play for) tomorrow, but make no mistake, both clubs see that win gets them into the Scottish Cup next season - what an incentive for BOTH teams!

Mid Annandale are 2nd in their league with 11 wins in 20 matches. Musselburgh are 11th with 6 wins in 20 matches. While the EoS is most likely a stronger league, a team who wins the majority of their league matches will have the confidence to keep doing that!