Musselburgh Athletic F.C 2019/20

5 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

I do not know the position of Tranent, but we are nowhere near (no holes dug out!!)the stage of Haddington, who this week confirmed that work on the floodlights had commenced.

Tranent have done the groundwork, going by pictures. The EL Courier website article on Haddington starting work mentioned the February deadline for licensing, which is what got me thinking about Musselburgh.

48 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Tranent have done the groundwork, going by pictures. The EL Courier website article on Haddington starting work mentioned the February deadline for licensing, which is what got me thinking about Musselburgh.

Certainly a valid question to ask! 👍

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Work commencing in June acording to the hierarchy at the club

By the looks of it, I think there are a few non-Burgh supporters who come onto this feed + one of my own! So Merry Christmas to my Olivebank pal and all others!

A time, rightly so, when P&B takes a back seat, but luckily there are only 3 days till our next league match! Cannot wait! 💙

7 hours ago, Ormi said:

Merry Christmas to all indeed. 

I still can’t decide whether to go to Musselburgh or Haddington on Saturday though. Both look like they’ll be cracking games.

If I am biased, then I’d say come to Olivebank! 

But, if you choose Haddington, that should be a keenly contested derby match against Preston; both unbeaten in last few league matches. Ormiston also play Preston next week, so you would see at first hand what the opposition will be like before your game!

Enjoy which ever match your decide on.

Great result today for Musselburgh, with the win at home to Dunbar. Couple that with losses for Sauchie, Newtongrange and Blackburn and Crossgates drawing, it brings the Fife team back into relegation danger and moves Burgh from 14th to 11th!

Could hardly have hand picked better results! 

3 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Great result today for Musselburgh, with the win at home to Dunbar. Couple that with losses for Sauchie, Newtongrange and Blackburn and Crossgates drawing, it brings the Fife team back into relegation danger and moves Burgh from 14th to 11th!

Regardless of the performance it was a fantastic result, CJ. I couldn't be there so look forward to your match report. 👌

40 minutes ago, Passthebaw said:

Regardless of the performance it was a fantastic result, CJ. I couldn't be there so look forward to your match report. 👌

No doubt about it Mussy have a fantastic home record. I fear next week, one things for sure it will be a good football match.  2 teams who try and play football, both managers have the same style. I would take a point now.  

29 minutes ago, BigTboy said:

No doubt about it Mussy have a fantastic home record. I fear next week, one things for sure it will be a good football match.  2 teams who try and play football, both managers have the same style. I would take a point now.  

So would Musselburgh BigTboy! Deal? 😁

7 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

So would Musselburgh BigTboy! Deal? 😁

If I had a choice of a win against Dunbar or Tranent, I would have picked Dunbar! Always great to beat your closest rivals, but we won’t catch Tranent in the league this season. We can, and have caught up with Dunbar with yesterday’s win - so important as we are currently in a fight for relegation!

But, having won, I am a greedy buggir and I now want the win, not point, against Tranent, 😀

Hope to see a big crowd for what will be a tough match against good opposition!!

Due to winter break, there will be no Scottish Premier League football next week so hopefully lots of neutral local football supporters will be at Olivebank for the Musselburgh - Tranent game.

First match on 7 September was a close affair, with Tranent winning 2-1. 

14 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Well done Musselburgh. Got the result in tricky playing conditions, as the pitch and wind didn’t lend itself to silky football.

Thought Dunbar were better first half whilst Musselburgh looked dangerous second half, especially on the counter.

From a Dunbar perspective, the two incidents that stick out for me are the missed penalty and the sending off....or should I rephrase it, the refs reluctance to send the Centre Halve off in first half. 

Not taking anything away from Musselburgh, big 3 points, whilst Dunbar will need to dust themselves off as they have two very tough games coming up against Camelon and Tranent.

13 minutes ago, #DUFC said:

Well done Musselburgh. Got the result in tricky playing conditions, as the pitch and wind didn’t lend itself to silky football.

Thought Dunbar were better first half whilst Musselburgh looked dangerous second half, especially on the counter.

From a Dunbar perspective, the two incidents that stick out for me are the missed penalty and the sending off....or should I rephrase it, the refs reluctance to send the Centre Halve off in first half. 

Not taking anything away from Musselburgh, big 3 points, whilst Dunbar will need to dust themselves off as they have two very tough games coming up against Camelon and Tranent.

Another close match between the two sides. Being a Dunbar supporter you would be right to think that your team should have got something out of the match. Being a Musselburgh supporter, I think the win was deserved and it was good that we fought throughout the match for the victory; apart from totally switching off for Dunbar’s foal.

When the penalty was awarded, thought it was going to be a draw - unlucky to hit the post, but Tait had to hit the target from the equaliser. How he missed and hit the bar was his sorrow and Burgh’s joy!

I did not think that It was a sending off incident you refer to. Yellow was correct. What I didn’t like was the way the Dunbar players surrounded the referee demanding action. Shouldn’t happen in the match. 

Edited by Casey Jones

57 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Another close match between the two sides. Being a Dunbar supporter you would be right to think that your team should have got something out of the match. Being a Musselburgh supporter, I think the win was deserved and it was good that we fought throughout the match for the victory; apart from totally switching off for Dunbar’s foal.

When the penalty was awarded, thought it was going to be a draw - unlucky to hit the post, but Tait had to hit the target from the equaliser. How he missed and hit the bar was his sorrow and Burgh’s joy!

I did not think that It was a sending off incident you refer to. Yellow was correct. What I didn’t like was the way the Dunbar players surrounded the referee demanding action. Shouldn’t happen in the match. 

Last man, through on goal....I thought that would classed as a red. However, will agree to disagree.

No it’s not the right thing to do, hound the ref when a decision has to be made. However, I think a couple of the home players were also guilty of that throughout. 

On a humorous note, poor poor lino! He got absolute pelters from the home stand throughout the duration of the game! 

1 minute ago, #DUFC said:

Last man, through on goal....I thought that would classed as a red. However, will agree to disagree.

No it’s not the right thing to do, hound the ref when a decision has to be made. However, I think a couple of the home players were also guilty of that throughout. 

On a humorous note, poor poor lino! He got absolute pelters from the home stand throughout the duration of the game! 

Who would be a linesman today! I think a bit of banter is fine - foul abuse is not! I'd rather have them than not! 

I had same discussions with Dundonald fans re a last man challenge so I agree with you regards last sentiment! 

One Burgh guy in particular did as you said with referee - I would hope management team have a word with him as it is not player who refs matches! 

Both Musselburgh and Dunbar are clear of bottom 3 just now. Hope both are the same come end of season@