holmparkheroes

Clydebank F.C. 2019/20

11 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

...And until you get a response in the meantime,...just give us your money while you get soaked to the skin.

He already got a response within minutes, I’ve already explained it. As correctly pointed out, congrats to the council on their fantastic work on HP we are very grateful to have such a wonderful facility we can finally call home. A facility which has benefited the whole community. 

Aye I pay my 3 quid every home game or I've got my £40 a year season ticket surely that should build a new shelter. 🤔

The lack of cover this season has been disappointing esp with weather like yesterday.  However its the fault of no-one at the club and will be rectified shortly. Given how things have moved along in last 2 or 3 years ( since I stepped down co-incidentally :) ) its hard to take a lot if criticism seriously 

I would have to agree, the improvements at Holm Park are like night and day. It's a very pleasant venue to watch football now, and will be perfect when the cover is built.

Would be better if it was grass.

I would have to agree, the improvements at Holm Park are like night and day. It's a very pleasant venue to watch football now, and will be perfect when the cover is built.

10 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Would be better if it was grass.

It wouldnt have happened if it were grass and all the kids that currently play there would have to be going outwith the town. Its a no-brainer 

Would plastic have been your choice?

It wouldnt have happened if it were grass and all the kids that currently play there would have to be going outwith the town. Its a no-brainer 

10 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Would plastic have been your choice?

in circumstances yes. If we'd had several million quid to buy a place and do it up etc etc then mibbee no. However I think smaller clubs will mostly go down this route eventually 

To the detriment of the game unfortunately.

in circumstances yes. If we'd had several million quid to buy a place and do it up etc etc then mibbee no. However I think smaller clubs will mostly go down this route eventually 

On 15/02/2020 at 16:39, Ross. said:

Good win today in those conditions.

Talking about the game? It'll never catch on.

13 minutes ago, andy25 said:

To the detriment of the game unfortunately.

Incorrect. The astro, which is excellent - provides an opportunity for a facility to be used 7 days a week for the benefit of many including the first team, who can work on the pitch itself. 

And as noted, will be the same surface all year round meaning we can develop proper football players.

Astro for training and friendlys.
Grass for competitive games.

Incorrect. The astro, which is excellent - provides an opportunity for a facility to be used 7 days a week for the benefit of many including the first team, who can work on the pitch itself. 

And as noted, will be the same surface all year round meaning we can develop proper football players.

2 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Grass for competitive games.

Not necessarily no. Give me this surface every day over what we played on at Maryhill (with the greatest of respect) and at Holm park previous. 

41 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Grass

It's just an excuse all the senior teams complaining about it. I agree I'd rather have a grass pitch but needs must

Since our astro went down almost every club has commented on its quality. The difference in games we have had on is night and day. The difference in use for the community has been great.

Whilst I did like playing on grass parks, and understand some people's preference for grass, I would say only 25% of grass parks at non league level are well enough maintained.

To maintain a grass park properly so it isnt a bog or bobbly mess costs thousands of pounds and takes many, many man hours. Which for most clubs isnt viable.

The argument has more to it than training and friendlies on astro and games on grass.

An umbrella ?

They are a bloody nuisance, obstructing others and the possibility of poking someone in the eye☂️nah! A football match isn’t a place for an umbrella.

You get your usual good viewing point, and the muppet with a brolly stands in front of you, without even turning round to see if anybody is behind them.

Hate umbrellas at games, they and the people with them are anti social, wear something with a hood.

I always find if someone stands directly in front of me at a junior game i take a step to left a step to the right criss cross and vawala, can see the full game again.