Clydebank F.C. 2019/20

holmparkheroes

To the detriment of the game unfortunately.

in circumstances yes. If we'd had several million quid to buy a place and do it up etc etc then mibbee no. However I think smaller clubs will mostly go down this route eventually 

13 minutes ago, andy25 said:

To the detriment of the game unfortunately.

Incorrect. The astro, which is excellent - provides an opportunity for a facility to be used 7 days a week for the benefit of many including the first team, who can work on the pitch itself. 

And as noted, will be the same surface all year round meaning we can develop proper football players.

Astro for training and friendlys.
Grass for competitive games.

Incorrect. The astro, which is excellent - provides an opportunity for a facility to be used 7 days a week for the benefit of many including the first team, who can work on the pitch itself. 

And as noted, will be the same surface all year round meaning we can develop proper football players.

2 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Astro for training and friendlys.
Grass for competitive games.

Not necessarily no. Give me this surface every day over what we played on at Maryhill (with the greatest of respect) and at Holm park previous. 

Since our astro went down almost every club has commented on its quality. The difference in games we have had on is night and day. The difference in use for the community has been great.

Whilst I did like playing on grass parks, and understand some people's preference for grass, I would say only 25% of grass parks at non league level are well enough maintained.

To maintain a grass park properly so it isnt a bog or bobbly mess costs thousands of pounds and takes many, many man hours. Which for most clubs isnt viable.

The argument has more to it than training and friendlies on astro and games on grass.

Guest Mr Happy
An umbrella ?

They are a bloody nuisance, obstructing others and the possibility of poking someone in the eye☂️nah! A football match isn’t a place for an umbrella.

You get your usual good viewing point, and the muppet with a brolly stands in front of you, without even turning round to see if anybody is behind them.

Hate umbrellas at games, they and the people with them are anti social, wear something with a hood.

Guest Mr Happy
I always find if someone stands directly in front of me at a junior game i take a step to left a step to the right criss cross and vawala, can see the full game again.

If you think you’re being smart, your not. You know exactly what I mean.