Clydebank F.C. 2019/20

holmparkheroes

Of course there is still the South of Scotland option, which would allow you get rid of the squad cap and join the U20s, and would be the final piece in the jigsaw if you are only the pyramid requirement away from being licensed. Question is could you persuade other clubs to join you so you're not alone in moving...

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Is it still a case of West and East sticking together for the benefit of one man?

Well that depends on what is recommended to the West clubs tomorrow night, and whether they agree to that recommendation.

22 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Well that depends on what is recommended to the West clubs tomorrow night, and whether they agree to that recommendation.

Surely it's for clubs to discuss all 4 options at the meeting and for that feedback to be summarised at PWG.  There shouldn't be any "recommendations" from anyone.

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

West in next season on their own is a no brainer, probably why the SJFA don't want it to happen. 

Burnie man is there any negatives to leaving and going in at tier 6 next season? Guess none would have a Scottish cup tie next season as nobody is licensed. Following year looking at the LL east west?

2 minutes ago, BTID said:

Burnie man is there any negatives to leaving and going in at tier 6 next season? Guess none would have a Scottish cup tie next season as nobody is licensed. Following year looking at the LL east west?

If Girvan remain licensed, the 2019/20 West Premiership Champion and 2019/20 Junior Cup winner also came from the West Region left for a start up WoSFL, they would all participate in the 2020/21 SFA Scottish Cup. Precedence has been set with Kelty Hearts and Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic playing in the Scottish Cup as East Super League winners the previous year.

The South Region Challenge Cup would be restructured in time. So the WoSFL clubs would participate in a competition against Lowland, EoSFL and SoSFL clubs in 2020/21 as well. That's your Junior Scottish Cup slot. Its a competition that had 70 teams in it this year. Not the same prestige but could get some big games.

Its just the West of Scotland Cup and Sectionals that would be smaller if there was a split between West Region Juniors and breakaway WoSFL.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If Girvan remain licensed, the 2019/20 West Premiership Champion and 2019/20 Junior Cup winner also came from the West Region left for a start up WoSFL, they would all participate in the 2020/21 SFA Scottish Cup. Precedence has been set with Kelty Hearts and Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic playing in the Scottish Cup as East Super League winners the previous year.

The South Region Challenge Cup would be restructured in time. So the WoSFL clubs would participate in a competition against Lowland, EoSFL and SoSFL clubs in 2020/21 as well. That's your Junior Scottish Cup slot. Its a competition that had 70 teams in it this year. Not the same prestige but could get some big games.

Its just the West of Scotland Cup and Sectionals that would be smaller if there was a split between West Region Juniors and breakaway WoSFL.

Thanks mate. That sounds quite exciting the south cup. Is there any possible reasons not to move next year and wait another?

9 minutes ago, BTID said:

Thanks mate. That sounds quite exciting the south cup. Is there any possible reasons not to move next year and wait another?

Personally, I don't think so. I think its best to push for entry in 2020-21, as the threat of a breakway will drag everyone else along. Delaying things another year with the status quo isn't going to guarantee any sort of change.

If I was in the West meeting on Thursday I would ask Cumnock and Petershill where they stand on the licencing front. Both clubs should be getting their membership and automatic Scottish Cup entry for 2020/21. I'm guessing though since they're still on the outside of the pyramid never of them have progressed. So who knows when they would enter with further delays, maybe 2022/23?

Has anyone asked the Lowland League if they would like to split in half, and has anyone asked the SPFL if they would like 3 feeders? I suspect the answer to both is no.

Therefore, you need to ask yourself what is the point of putting weight behind that suggestion and delay entry for yet another season, minimum.

2 hours ago, BTID said:

Given the SJFA's long term track record regarding the Pyramid the possibility of :

[a] Gaining a licence and annual entry into the real Big Scottish is small.

There must be the risk that the West Juniors' entry into the Pyramid is delayed even longer than just 2021/22. 

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Personally, I don't think so. I think its best to push for entry in 2020-21, as the threat of a breakway will drag everyone else along. Delaying things another year with the status quo isn't going to guarantee any sort of change.

If I was in the West meeting on Thursday I would ask Cumnock and Petershill where they stand on the licencing front. Both clubs should be getting their membership and automatic Scottish Cup entry for 2020/21. I'm guessing though since they're still on the outside of the pyramid never of them have progressed. So who knows when they would enter with further delays, maybe 2022/23?

If there is more delay for the West Juniors' entry into the Pyramid wouldn't clubs from the west of Scotland which already have licences be the first in the queue for a place in a Tier 6 Senior Pyramid League?

3 minutes ago, Dev said:

If there is more delay for the West Juniors' entry into the Pyramid wouldn't clubs from the west of Scotland which already have licences be the first in the queue for a place in a Tier 6 Senior Pyramid League?

Not necessarily. This isn't the SFA setting it up, presumably it would be a set of clubs looking for recognition as the West of Scotland league at tier 6.

Only licenced 'West of Scotland' clubs are Girvan, Glasgow University, Threave Rovers, St Cuthbert Wanderers, Newton Stewart and Wigtown & Bladnoch.

Doubt the 4 South clubs would apply, or that the SOSFL would accept a league that gutted its own. 

Glasgow University might well apply but they only applied to the original Lowland League and never pursued after that. As long as they have a licence it seems they are happy being amateur.

Sure most would be happy with Girvan in a WoSFL.

18 minutes ago, 11TH MAY 1991 said:

Will Clydebank FC`s rep [Matt Bamford] take an active part in the SJFA meeting this evening? Does anybody know the Official Clydebank FC position ahead of tonight`s meeting?

You would imagine he would, as he is the West Region President.

13 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Not necessarily. This isn't the SFA setting it up, presumably it would be a set of clubs looking for recognition as the West of Scotland league at tier 6.

Only licenced 'West of Scotland' clubs are Girvan, Glasgow University, Threave Rovers, St Cuthbert Wanderers, Newton Stewart and Wigtown & Bladnoch.

Doubt the 4 South clubs would apply, or that the SOSFL would accept a league that gutted its own. 

Glasgow University might well apply but they only applied to the original Lowland League and never pursued after that. As long as they have a licence it seems they are happy being amateur.

Sure most would be happy with Girvan in a WoSFL.

In your opinion do you consider that the SFA would down-grade west (not South) of Scotland clubs for moving forward on an individual basis, whatever that may be (e.g. moving to the EoS or the SoS and getting licenced) if a WoS was subsequently formed. Surely they would be obliged to fit them in at the same level?

Indeed why don't such progressive clubs make a joint approach to these leagues in any case as the SJFA isn't going anywhere - although I would be happy to be proved wrong about this presumption!

Edited by Dev
up-date

20 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Remember the Bankies deferred it for a year in the knowledge of what was going to happen this year. Anyway it's done.

The West have to come in next season, the gate is open for them.   I'm hearing LL West and East is gaining favour, but I just can't see the LL or EoS supporting it at all, or indeed the SPFL, and all it will result in is the West being outside the Pyramid next season again.

Sorry if I've picked this up wrong, I cant see why LL or EOS would go against the West joining, I'm sure they stated in previous PWG they were happy with this to happen but not the ERJFA joining level with EOS just that the SJFA didn't inform the West clubs that the LL, EOS and SOS were happy with the West to join in at tier 6
There is o only one reason why this would not happen and I believe Burnie_man is the same view as me on this matter, that the SJFA would block only the West joining because it means the SJFA would have a weaken bargaining chip leaving them with only the North region and the East region.  It seems that all this has been is power struggles, people trying to look after their position/jobs.   If this was to better Scottish Football then yeah I'd say go for it and I believe it will but if I didn't benefit Scottish football, senior and junior then I say don't go but in my eyes, its a benefit

I don't see what the big deal is with the U20s league, when the West join, I'm sure there will be a few clubs who will then arrange U20s teams for a league, I don't see it happening the same year as when the West join as for some clubs, organising it will be too much for them. Once the dust settles, then yeah, most definitely a U20 development league will start and the junior players will also be allowed to play in the team to gain fitness, sometimes to push the lads on with experience.

1 minute ago, Dev said:

In your opinion do you consider that the SFA would down-grade west (not South) of Scotland clubs for moving forward on an individual basis, whatever that may be (e.g. moving to the EoS or the SoS and getting licenced) if a WoS was subsequently formed. Surely they would be obliged to fit them in at the same level?

So Clydebank as the example move to the EoS or SoS as the only route into the pyramid. Then an independent WoSFL is decided to be formed by the SFA ala the formation of the Lowland League. Or a Lowland League West or LL2 say is formed by the Lowland League.

In either case I would expect Clydebank to be allowed in, especially if licensed by that point as they are in that area.

The only reason why they wouldn't I imagine is if they leave the West Premiership and the West Premiership is granted tier 6 status.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

So Clydebank as the example move to the EoS or SoS as the only route into the pyramid. Then an independent WoSFL is decided to be formed by the SFA ala the formation of the Lowland League. Or a Lowland League West or LL2 say is formed by the Lowland League.

In either case I would expect Clydebank to be allowed in, especially if licensed by that point as they are in that area.

The only reason why they wouldn't I imagine is if they leave the West Premiership and the West Premiership is granted tier 6 status.

Do you think that's one of the reasons why Clydebank deferred going to the Seniors as they thought if they moved originally when they voted it would either be to join the EOS or the SOS but there was a fear that later there might have been the West Region joining thus Clydebank would have missed out and then if they applied to join the new WOS after leaving the SOS or EOS would then think they be put down to the 4th division.

16 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Sorry if I've picked this up wrong, I cant see why LL or EOS would go against the West joining, I'm sure they stated in previous PWG they were happy with this to happen but not the ERJFA joining level with EOS just that the SJFA didn't inform the West clubs that the LL, EOS and SOS were happy with the West to join in at tier 6
There is o only one reason why this would not happen and I believe Burnie_man is the same view as me on this matter, that the SJFA would block only the West joining because it means the SJFA would have a weaken bargaining chip leaving them with only the North region and the East region.  It seems that all this has been is power struggles, people trying to look after their position/jobs.   If this was to better Scottish Football then yeah I'd say go for it and I believe it will but if I didn't benefit Scottish football, senior and junior then I say don't go but in my eyes, its a benefit

I don't see what the big deal is with the U20s league, when the West join, I'm sure there will be a few clubs who will then arrange U20s teams for a league, I don't see it happening the same year as when the West join as for some clubs, organising it will be too much for them. Once the dust settles, then yeah, most definitely a U20 development league will start and the junior players will also be allowed to play in the team to gain fitness, sometimes to push the lads on with experience.

Nobody is against the West joining, only if it is linked to the ERJFA joining as well.

Re the U20's, quite a few ex-ERJFA clubs joined the LL U20 League the same season they joined the EoS.

Edited by Burnie_man

11 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Do you think that's one of the reasons why Clydebank deferred going to the Seniors as they thought if they moved originally when they voted it would either be to join the EOS or the SOS but there was a fear that later there might have been the West Region joining thus Clydebank would have missed out and then if they applied to join the new WOS after leaving the SOS or EOS would then think they be put down to the 4th division.

The rumours around at the time was more about not getting a ground due to the work that was still to be done at Holm Park.

Think that was the major thing that delayed 2018/19 entry to the EoS. On the heels of having to defer because of that it was looking good the West Region was in for 2019/20. So there wasn't the obvious need to move.