Africa Cup of Nations 2019

The standard of refereeing has also seemed to be a little more lenient than we would expect to see in Europe and UK.  

A lot of fouls being allowed go unpunished and I think UK or European refs would also have a far higher yellow and red card count.

Just now, Tartan Dave said:

Take your word for it, never caught that game. Be some tasty ties later in tournament I reckon when the big hitters get put vs each other

I watched it and Idid not regret it.  I did wonder if I should as I assumed Guinea would win by a large margin.

In the end the minnows of Madagascar certainly did not do their reputation any harm with a very good and deserved 2-2 draw.

Senegal heading for a good winning start over a Tanzania side which worked hard but was outclassed on the day.  

Tanzania however was not afraid to stick the boot in though and are probably lucky that the ref was as lenient as he was or the card count would have been more severe against theme. 

On to the Algeria v Kenya game in an hour.

I only saw bits and pieces of the Algeria game unfortunately with having one or two things to attend to this evening.

However from what I saw the Algerians were pretty comfortable and in control and got off to a good start, it will be interesting to see how they progress.

Tomorrow's schedule of games:

3.15 pm  Ivory Coast v South Africa.

5.45 pm  Tunisia v Angola.

8.45 pm  Mali v Mauritania.

The pick of the game had to be Ivory Coast v South Africa, although Tunisia v Angola looks decent as well. 

Settling down to Côte d’Ivoire vs South Africa to kick off another mammoth international football day... 

hoping to catch this, Tunisia vs Angola, France vs Romania 21’s, Bermuda vs Nicaragua and Haiti vs Costa Rica today...if i don’t burn out! 

1 minute ago, CaspianChris said:

Ivory Coast v South Africa to start the days action and other fancy this to be an entertaining game with a few goals in it.  

I will go with an Ivory Coast win by either 3-2 or 4-2.

Don’t see as many goals as that, I’ll take 1-0, or 2-0 Ivory Coast 

The Ivorians should probably be ahead and indeed have just passed up two good chances.

One off the bar and an effort at the keeper when it seemed easier to score.

Maybe it will not be as high scoring as predicted but I still fancy Ivory Coast to win.