Africa Cup of Nations 2019

I have been watching this and thought some of the action I have seen has been OK. 

Currently goalless with Nigeria against Burundi and while the Nigerians have had a lot of possession their quality on front of goal has been poor.  Burundi have looked ok and I wonder if they could go and cause an upset in this game.

Uganda looked pretty decent in their win against DR Congo but if they can get out their group remains to be seen.

Getting to see those teams you would otherwise not see much off like Madagascar as an example  will be interesting and something I will look forward to.

The only downside is the drone of vuvuzelas.

Nigeria go 1-0 up with a decent finish from Odion Ighalo, then within minutes of the restart Burundi should have leveled after a mistake in the Nigeria box but they failed to take.

Nigeria then denied a second with a good save that was a decent few minutes just past.

I would imagine that there might be a few shocks results who knows though.  I also watched that game ond thought Uganda looked decent on the day.

Nigeria have done just picked up 3 points over debutants Burundi there.

Hopefully the game between Guinea and Madagascar is a decent one with a few goals, I would imaging Guinea would be favourites to win.

I get the feeling that Madagascar will look for a point and keep all 11 men behind the ball with maybe the rare breakaway chance.

Listening to the commentary it sounds like Guinea massive favourites to win this match. 

1 minute ago, the snudge said:

Cheers! The BBC pics from the Uganda V DR Congo game showed the kits to be clashing. Was it difficult to watch? 

_20190622_211243.JPG

It was awkward at times and I am surprised that both teams was allowed to play in those colours.   The sky blue did help a little.

Madagascar equalising there against Guinea could make things interesting, in saying that Guinea almost back in front but that effort hitting the post and going out for a goal kick.

Could there be a shock result in this game now. 

Edited by CaspianChris

I would agree with that and I think  that guy who gave away the penalty also lucky that the rules about DOGSO rec card offenses in  the box has changed as well or he would would have seen red.

Madagascar have certainly not disgraced themselves in this game and think they thoroughly deserve something from this game and would be sad for them if they got nothing from tonight.

Morocco feeling they should have had a penalty there, however both player equally guilty of pulling at each others shirt and shorts and the decision could have went either way if given.

The ref did not have a good view so nothing given and apparently VAR is not used till the quarter finals.  It would have been interesting to see what the outcome would have been if VAR had been active.

A few interesting results in the opening few games so far with the teams that are considered the stronger favourites struggling to get the better of the underdogs so far.

Morocco bring the latest to struggle with the game against Namibia goalless with 6 minutes or so left.  

I would assume that will not continue throughout the tournament though.

Edited by CaspianChris