Sign in to follow this  
ali_91

Last 16

I thought it was a dive, and overturning it would have resulted in the correct outcome. VAR should have worked there.

I thought there was contact but the player delayed going down - so dived. Wasn't a penalty for me, but there was definitely contact so I don't think it would qualify as a clear and obvious error.

Just now, Coooombe said:
13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I thought it was a dive, and overturning it would have resulted in the correct outcome. VAR should have worked there.

I thought there was contact but the player delayed going down - so dived. Wasn't a penalty for me, but there was definitely contact so I don't think it would qualify as a clear and obvious error.

She took two steps and decided to fall over.

It was a massive dive.

It was a massive dive.
I agree - but there was definitely contact by the Spain player, so I wouldn't say that giving the penalty was a clear and obvious error.

Just now, Coooombe said:
1 minute ago, Detournement said:
It was a massive dive.

I agree - but there was definitely contact by the Spain player, so I wouldn't say that giving the penalty was a clear and obvious error.

Unless your name is Andy Walker contact does not equal a penalty.

Unless your name is Andy Walker contact does not equal a penalty.

I know, that's why I don't think it was a penalty.

The amount of time between ref blowing for pen and VAR confirmation allowed me to go and get the tea ready.........which was nice.
P.S. VAR is not the panacea most of us thought it would be, is it ?

Herein lies the problem with VAR. It's supposed to be for clear and obvious errors. If we are all debating it then it's not clear and obvious! Unless they sort this shit out it's going to ruin the game

A foul and a dive are not mutually exclusive occurrences.  

Penalty was dubious, but Rapinoe shower nerves of steel. What a player.

We just about edged the first half but this game has not been high on quality, especially in the final third

We just about edged the first half but this game has not been high on quality, especially in the final third

It’s been an absolute stinker!

Lol I was trying to be a bit diplomatic but yah this isn't a great game. We aren't the most thrilling of team to watch

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:
1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Lol I was trying to be a bit diplomatic but yah this isn't a great game. We aren't the most thrilling of team to watch

I only saw it from about 55 minutes or so, I thought it was a good watch but tbh not so much because of Canada, more because I liked watching the Swedes in the final third. Some honking shooting from the Canadians towards the end, no clear-cut chances but still a lot of totally butchered opportunities.

China and Japan playing tomorrow to get the number of non-European teams in the quarter finals above one.

59 minutes ago, GordonS said:

China and Japan playing tomorrow to get the number of non-European teams in the quarter finals above one.

I like a wide range of confederations in the latter stages but if it decreases the chances of another Team GB at the Olympics shitstorm then it's "go Europe" from me...

1 hour ago, Lurkst said:

I like a wide range of confederations in the latter stages but if it decreases the chances of another Team GB at the Olympics shitstorm then it's "go Europe" from me...

Hadn't thought of that. Kom igjen Norge.

I’ve only seen the second half, but China are the only team trying to score here.

Looking forward to this one.  If Japan go on to win the thing, we'll have only just lost to the winners.  And England.