Mark Field MP

ForzaDundee

12 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Hold on a minute.

I'm fairly liberal and left wing but I have to say I don't really see the issue here.

She's disturbing the speech with a protest, and for me that means you're going to get huckled out at some point. She's got to expect that's going to be the outcome.

Are people upset at the level of force he used? Or is it that he dared touch this woman at all?

Based on the couple of times I watched it I thought it was a reasonable use of force.

(Edited to add... Even if he is a Tory p***k with a history of dickish behaviour)

I didn’t think it was a reasonable use of force.  I also think that if the protestor was a bloke of the same height as himself and build he would have sat in his seat with his head down.

Yes
No
Probably not by being grabbed by the throat by a man who looks like he's really, really into it.
Did he not grab her by the back of the neck?

I appreciate you answering my questions but your point about him enjoying it is a bit silly really.

And what about the point about the possibility that she's armed in some way?

I didn’t think it was a reasonable use of force.  I also think that if the protestor was a bloke of the same height as himself and build he would have sat in his seat with his head down.

Oh come on, you can't be adding in conjecture like that. He's reacting to someone who is going to disrupt a major event. I think the gender or build of the person is (pretty much) irrelevant.

If that's a speech by Corbyn as prime minister then I'd expect the person to be huckled out in similar circumstances.

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Oh come on, you can't be adding in conjecture like that. He's reacting to someone who is going to disrupt a major event. I think the gender or build of the person is (pretty much) irrelevant.

If that's a speech by Corbyn as prime minister then I'd expect the person to be huckled out in similar circumstances.

I’ll add in any conjecture I see fit and his reaction is over the top.  Typical Tory scumbag.

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

Probably because tweets can be deleted. Although screenshots might not always be accurate...

Capture.JPG

That post would have made more sense if you had posted a fake tweet.

28 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Physically assaulting?

Would you be ok if this was the police huckling the woman out?

I'm all in favour of protestors. They put themselves in difficult situations in order to make important points. But surely they understand they're going to get huckled out?

A police officer removing a person from a similar situation in the same manner would have been disciplined, potentially to the extent of being charged with common assault, and if found guilty, losing their job.

I’ll add in any conjecture I see fit and his reaction is over the top.  Typical Tory scumbag.
I'm sure he probably is a scum-bag - my point is simply that I think his response here was pretty much fine.

I'll admit he's maybe been a wee bit aggressive - but I think the reaction in the media is miles over the top. It's a spur of the moment thing.

I applaud protestors, I really do. But getting huckled is par for the course.

A police officer removing a person from a similar situation in the same manner would have been disciplined, potentially to the extent of being charged with common assault, and if found guilty, losing their job.
I'll bow to your superior knowledge but that surprises me a little.

I'd have expected security for the chancellor of the exchequer to be a little more robust than you're suggesting.

Just now, pandarilla said:
8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
Weird how these kind of gotcha tweets are always screenshots rather than links.

What do you make of the situation, chief?

I think he just woke up from a drunken snooze and saw all this chaos and worried faces, and thought he had better do something. Unfortunately he hadn't had proper doorman de-escalation training and took an unnecessarily over forceful approach. The victim was interviewed today and said that although a bit shaken immediately afterwards it wasn't a big deal and she didn't think he should be prosecuted. 

4 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Aye right. :lol:

Yes he did seem to go over the top. Perhaps making sure her hands were not holding a weapon would have been enough 

But who are we to say in the days of certain people encouarging Acid attacks on the " right " he didn't make the correct decison and remove the possible danger.

If She had had a weapon, acid etc he would have been a Hero.

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Aye right. :lol:

Be in no doubt a police officer would have faced a disciplinary situation, with the incident having been widely exposed as it was. Whether a whitewash would have resulted is open to conjecture.

25 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'll bow to your superior knowledge but that surprises me a little.

I'd have expected security for the chancellor of the exchequer to be a little more robust than you're suggesting.

I'm not suggesting a thing about security in this situation. And of course, the whole scenario should never have arisen.