Mark Field MP

ForzaDundee

Some incels properly outing themselves on this thread [emoji1]

This patter is absolutely atrocious.
He did know. You can clearly see her hands and that she was not carrying any weapon. You can clearly see by the thin dress she is wearing that she isn't a suicide bomber or concealing any weapons.
In the heat of the moment these things don't entirely come into it though. She was heading to disrupt the event and he stopped her.

The fact that the thing will be going no further tells you all you need to know.

He acted decisively, possibly a bit too aggressively, but ultimately the protestor was removed without any injury.

It's a bit of a non-story.

14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

In the heat of the moment these things don't entirely come into it though. She was heading to disrupt the event and he stopped her.

The fact that the thing will be going no further tells you all you need to know.

He acted decisively, possibly a bit too aggressively, but ultimately the protestor was removed without any injury.

Indeed.

Time to put it to bed and move on.

39 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I agree that its a bit of a non-story on all sides.

I disagree with the "Heat of the moment" comment though. These things very much come into it and after the initial freeze reaction, he clearly had plenty of time to react and that includes assessing the threat - which as I say, was easy to see that she didn't pose a serious one in visibly not having a weapon. I think he was too aggressive in grabbing her throat though, it was out of proportion to the threat, so that why looking at the level of threat is relevant. 

eta: I suspect the "threat" comments come from people who do wish to defend the level of force that he used. That is their choice, but its clear that it is being overstated.

Edited by Jambomo

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

It’s already got more pages on here than most Ayr match threads.

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

It really isn't though. It's a conservative MP at a black tie event as a guest removing a female who clearly posed no threat with excessive force, roughly and with some relish.

I've seen an interview when it was mentioned that guests were aware of the presence of Greenpeace protestors, she was clearly wearing a Greenpeace sash, a thin dress and had nothing in her hands.

He made no attempt to make any reasonable intervention and used a degree of force against an unarmed woman that was utterly unnecessary. Even if we give him the benefit of the doubt in his initial reaction, he clearly maintained this rough treatment when it was beyond a sliver of doubt she posed a threat.

It's utterly disgusting behaviour.

It really isn't though. It's a conservative MP at a black tie event as a guest removing a female who clearly posed no threat with excessive force, roughly and with some relish.
I've seen an interview when it was mentioned that guests were aware of the presence of Greenpeace protestors, she was clearly wearing a Greenpeace sash, a thin dress and had nothing in her hands.
He made no attempt to make any reasonable intervention and used a degree of force against an unarmed woman that was utterly unnecessary. Even if we give him the benefit of the doubt in his initial reaction, he clearly maintained this rough treatment when it was beyond a sliver of doubt she posed a threat.
I think her accomplices had been stopped on the other side of the room and it had caused a bit of a scene. She found herself with a clear path to the chancellor and was going to interrupt him on stage (I've got no issue with this - I'm all in favour of protest movements - crack on as far as I'm concerned).

I just don't think it's the 'rough, excessive force' that you describe, and I'm also not sure it's easy to say she posed no threat (unless judging with hindsight).

We'll just have to disagree I guess.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

I think her accomplices had been stopped on the other side of the room and it had caused a bit of a scene. She found herself with a clear path to the chancellor and was going to interrupt him on stage (I've got no issue with this - I'm all in favour of protest movements - crack on as far as I'm concerned).

I just don't think it's the 'rough, excessive force' that you describe, and I'm also not sure it's easy to say she posed no threat (unless judging with hindsight).

We'll just have to disagree I guess.

What would you consider as rough, excessive force against a woman who posed no threat?

Surely slamming her into a wall, then grabbing her neck counts.Especially given he had non-violent options to choose from. You don't believe him using his natural, physical superiority to act in a way that was totally unnecessary is an issue?

What sort of message does this send out, calling it a non-story?

What would you consider as rough, excessive force against a woman who posed no threat?
Surely slamming her into a wall, then grabbing her neck counts.Especially given he had non-violent options to choose from. You don't believe him using his natural, physical superiority to act in a way that was totally unnecessary is an issue?
What sort of message does this send out, calling it a non-story?
You're discussing this like she was an invited guest who'd farted at the table!

She's a Greenpeace protestor with intentions to disrupt events. And once again, you're judging the 'no threat' with the benefit of hindsight.

In a case like this I would've thought gender is not really a major factor.

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

You're discussing this like she was an invited guest who'd farted at the table!

She's a Greenpeace protestor with intentions to disrupt events. And once again, you're judging the 'no threat' with the benefit of hindsight.

In a case like this I would've thought gender is not really a major factor.

You think an appropriate reaction to a peaceful protestor who is disrupting an event is to use excessive force against her including grabbing by the neck and slamming her against the wall? 

After the initial slam into the wall, do you believe Mark Field believed her to be a threat as he marched her out by the neck, using his natural physical advantages to dominate her?

Of course gender is a factor, a man used his natural physical advantages to overpower, dominate and violently encounter a female.

I guess a black tie conservative MP roughing up a working class woman concerned about the planet is a decent metaphor for the Tory party as a whole tbh.

Minor point but she did have something in her hands, both hands actually, but that doesn’t suit your dramatic, over the top faux outrage.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I just hope that one day, the poor, broken, bruised woman will be able to put the brutal and horrific attack behind her.

https://www.independent.ie/videos/world-news/watch-protester-not-pressing-charges-against-mark-field-38241181.html

Yeah, because we know that pressing charges is the defining matter on issues of violence against women.

37 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Minor point but she did have something in her hands, both hands actually, but that doesn’t suit your dramatic, over the top faux outrage.

Imagine having a mind where thinking people being concerned about violence against women is faux outrage. Not surprising you are that type though.

I know it's posters you would expect but some very worrying signs on here.