Mark Field MP

ForzaDundee

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

^^^never a man to jump on a bandwagon until it's clear who's getting the stick.

It's not like I pointed the same thing out ages ago on this very thread, is it? Oh wait. Then again, not like you to be deliberately idiotic either.

Mark Fud still not resigned?

He's almost certainly going to be able to ride this out.

The people getting worked up by it don't strike me as Tory voters. There's no strong leader of the party and he won't be officially charged.

He's already made some sort of regret-based statement and he'll get a slap on the wrists from the party elders (maybe).

The Westminister attack.

High ranking Police Officer, Sir Craig Mackey refused to get out of his car to help. Sat watching a Police Officer getting killed.

Was he a Coward? I think so.

If this had been a terrorist attack and Mark Field had not acted he would have been a Coward too.

He was not to know if this was a terror attack or not.

Hw was not to know what She had on her. 

Edited by sureiknow

The Westminister attack.

High ranking Police Officer, Sir Craig Mackey refused to get out of his car to help. Sat watching a Police Officer getting killed.

If this had been a terrorist attack and Mark Field had not acted he would have been a Coward too.

She had a dress on her

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

He's almost certainly going to be able to ride this out.

The people getting worked up by it don't strike me as Tory voters. There's no strong leader of the party and he won't be officially charged.

He's already made some sort of regret-based statement and he'll get a slap on the wrists from the party elders (maybe).

Quite rightly.

I will be unpopular here but to me there is very little in this. I can't see any throat grabbing here unlike some others. He looks like he pushed her back at the top of her chest . We can argue all we want about whether it was appropriate, but assault? I struggle to see much there. As mentioned every nightclub bouncer in the UK would have been charged if that was the case. Much as I hate the Tories I am not going to allow that to cloud my judgement on this.

I now await my vilification. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 hours ago, sureiknow said:

The Westminister attack.

That's the coward's excuse for Field's actions.

To say that you can grab/assault someone and excuse it by using the reason 'but he/she might have been a terrorist' is complete bollox and would never stand up in court if it got that far (which this won't).

You and your like are trying to make out that Field is some kind of hero, instead of simply someone who grabbed a woman who had an opinion that he didn't agree with. 

46 minutes ago, Honky Tonk Man said:

I will be unpopular here but to me there is very little in this. I can't see any throat grabbing here unlike some others. He looks like he pushed her back at the top of her chest . We can argue all we want about whether it was appropriate, but assault? I struggle to see much there. As mentioned every nightclub bouncer in the UK would have been charged if that was the case. Much as I hate the Tories I am not going to allow that to cloud my judgement on this.

I now await my vilification. 

Comparing it to a drunken idiot in a nightclub scenario. Minter.

I'd say he uses unreasonable force, so if he'd grabbed someone peacefully protesting outside the building, he should be charged. To me it makes a difference that the person has entered a place they weren't invited and is trying to disrupt an event.

They both seem like entitled idiots to me.

39 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

If a guy wearing a stripy jumper and mask is outside my home and I attack him before he tries to break in, I will be charged with assault. 

If once he breaks in, I then batter him, legally I can only use reasonable force.  Blasting his head off with a sawn off shotgun would not be deemed reasonable force. 

Well, as I said, if she had been outside and he did this, he should be charged in my opinion. He has used excessive force, but the fact the victim doesn't think he should be charged should put to bed any thoughts that this was a 'vicious assault' as some are calling it. Like the law, I have a varying degree of tolerance for people using excessive force depending on the circumstances. I'd say it would be appropriate for the police to have a word with him and nothing more in legal terms. Politically, I could see him spending a few months on the back benches - that would seem the appropriate thing to do.

I see your point.  But even though the lady was uninvited, she was still assaulted.  
If a guy wearing a stripy jumper and mask is outside my home and I attack him before he tries to break in, I will be charged with assault. 
If once he breaks in, I then batter him, legally I can only use reasonable force.  Blasting his head off with a sawn off shotgun would not be deemed reasonable force. 
Grabbing someone by the neck is not reasonable force, it can do damage to a person.  Like you say, it is unreasonable force. 

She was inside, and heading for the stage. She is clearly an intruder.

He also didn't appear to 'batter' her, or 'blow her away' with a shotgun.

It's fairly reasonable, if maybe a bit aggressive.