2 hours ago, LeedsPhil said:

If my adding-up is right (correct me if I'm wrong!), for 2019-20 we've got :

62 clubs in the West

32 clubs in the North

38 clubs in the East

= 132 total

But Coupar Angus scratched rather than go to Cumnock in R1 last season, so I think (?) that means they get a ban from this season's.

So to get from 131 to the 128 needed for Round 1, there'll be six clubs in three ties in the Preliminary Round on 14th Sept.

Say it every season but get  the first two rounds drawn now or could have been done at AGM to prolong the 38 minute meeting and at least give delegates a little bit of excitement! If it was drawn now then clubs and League Secretaries could plan ahead..........

• 2 weeks later...

Let’s try something revolutionary ....... let’s ask the fans their opinion on where/ what day/ etc etc

I’m sure there will be lots of folk in Auchinleck ,Hurlford, New Cumnock etc etc who will give their views on recent cup final days and, potentially , cup final days a few years ago and then compare the then and now and come up with something that is better than it is now

As a Cumnock fan, it being on tuchter telly didnae bother me ......... I Wisnae watching it anyway !!!!!!!

The blazers  neeed to get the finger out, St Mirrens ground," if you were buildiing a stadium from scratch to host the cup final, thats what you would build......perfect".It has to be May and get it done NOW so no location bias can not be blamed on whoever reaches final.Is anybody on  P+B have knowledge on how much St Mirren would cost to host final, how much did Hamilton make from hosting the recent final.

On 05/07/2019 at 11:29, Duraglit shareholder said:

...how much St Mirren would cost to host final, how much did Hamilton make from hosting the recent final.

Blantyre Vics played Bo'ness United at New Douglas Park in an early round game a few years back, so it probably isn't drastically expensive due to the artificial playing surface that is involved.