Fixture dates for this seasons competition-

September 14th

September 28th

October 26th

November 23rd

January 25th

February 22nd

March 28th / April 4th

With the semi's being completed by April 5th at the latest there is no reason at all why a couple of venues cant be provisionally booked to allow the competition to be completed on the first weekend in May rather than waiting until the beginning of June when the players are all dead on their feet.

Maybe its time to attempt to reinvigorate the competition by playing the final on a Saturday or midweek instead of a Sunday evening?

Edited by Jason King

Why is midweek a non-starter?

Even a Friday night has to be more apposite to the modern age than playing on a Sunday evening solely for the benefit of a TV channel that 3 men and a dog watch. Its not the 1950s anymore, the SJFA should be making use of social media themselves to sell this game to the digital masses.

Even a Friday night has to be more apposite to the modern age than playing on a Sunday evening solely for the benefit of a TV channel that 3 men and a dog watch. Its not the 1950s anymore, the SJFA should be making use of social media themselves to sell this game to the digital masses.

I agree that a Friday night is far better than a Sunday.

People potentially getting home after midnight or not getting days off for the game. Open top bus parade at 1am.

A big part of the final for many is the chance to gather before the game as early as possible for a meal and a few drinks. The teams gather and do a bit of bonding. 

A cup final should be a weekend event. 

15 minutes ago, Shanner said:

People potentially getting home after midnight or not getting days off for the game. Open top bus parade at 1am.

A big part of the final for many is the chance to gather before the game as early as possible for a meal and a few drinks. The teams gather and do a bit of bonding. 

I agree

56 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Is that the Lowland League Channel

49 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Agreed. I don't have issues with the final being on a Sunday, but if they do, KO time should be earlier imo.

3 hours ago, Jason King said:

Fixture dates for this seasons competition-

September 28th

October 26th

November 30th

January 25th

February 22nd

March 28th / April 4th

East Region fixtures posted yesterday have Nov 23rd rather than Nov 30th; plus they also have Sept 14th as well as Sept 28th (so the 14th presumably for a Preliminary round).

4 minutes ago, Marten said:

Agreed. I don't have issues with the final being on a Sunday, but if they do, KO time should be earlier imo.

And if that gets the thing off of Alba and onto a platform that 99.9% of Junior fans can actually understand then all the better. 

And if that gets the thing off of Alba and onto a platform that 99.9% of Junior fans can actually understand then all the better. 
Can't see BBC1 picking it up & the BBC Scotland channel only starts brodcasting at 7pm. The best option going forward imo would be to look at an online streaming option via say youtube in English alongside retaining BBC Alba coverage.

9 minutes ago, LeedsPhil said:

East Region fixtures posted yesterday have Nov 23rd rather than Nov 30th; plus they also have Sept 14th as well as Sept 28th (so the 14th presumably for a Preliminary round).

Fat fingered brain fart for November, didn't see the September 14th date earlier - OP amended.

If my adding-up is right (correct me if I'm wrong!), for 2019-20 we've got :

62 clubs in the West

32 clubs in the North

38 clubs in the East

= 132 total

But Coupar Angus scratched rather than go to Cumnock in R1 last season, so I think (?) that means they get a ban from this season's.

So to get from 131 to the 128 needed for Round 1, there'll be six clubs in three ties in the Preliminary Round on 14th Sept.

34 minutes ago, LeedsPhil said:

If my adding-up is right (correct me if I'm wrong!), for 2019-20 we've got :

62 clubs in the West

32 clubs in the North

38 clubs in the East

= 132 total

But Coupar Angus scratched rather than go to Cumnock in R1 last season, so I think (?) that means they get a ban from this season's.

So to get from 131 to the 128 needed for Round 1, there'll be six clubs in three ties in the Preliminary Round on 14th Sept.

63 clubs in WRSJFA isn't it?

Or have we lost one?

Aye,do away with this Sunday malarkie.If you count up the rest days av  used I  could have had the Mrs. Away for a fortnight in the sun!

DON'T START, just a bit of close season banter.The way it should be.Happy holidays.      ☺️

P.S.      she does not read the pish on here.Well that's what she says am doing!