Jason King

I wouldn't say its past its sell by date as the way some clubs have been spending money to upgrade grounds and attract players. I think the West Premier league in the Juniors is the most competitive league in Scottish non-league. I would like to see the West move to the pyramid however it would only attract the attention of at least 10% of the clubs as like the defectors in the east 90% of the teams have no ambition and are just taking up the position they owned when they were Junior. Of course you have the Scottish Cup but a couple of visits to the north would severly dent the cash cow myth.

I wouldn't say its past its sell by date as the way some clubs have been spending money to upgrade grounds and attract players. I think the West Premier league in the Juniors is the most competitive league in Scottish non-league. I would like to see the West move to the pyramid however it would only attract the attention of at least 10% of the clubs as like the defectors in the east 90% of the teams have no ambition and are just taking up the position they owned when they were Junior. Of course you have the Scottish Cup but a couple of visits to the north would severly dent the cash cow myth.
"Defectors" ffs [emoji85] and a few trips to the north will be subsidised by the SFA (no need for overnight stays).

How do you conclude that 90% of the teams that moved to senior football in the EoS have no ambition, you do realise how stupid that sounds 🤭

We stay over night because we go to places to win, not some cobbled shite to bank a few shekels. Your statement sums up what 90% of the defectors moved grade for the big cash cow Scottish Cup. It aint that rosey although we have banked a fair wad thanks to the invite, but like the professional club we are we spend to accumulate. You should get your community club to try it.

We stay over night because we go to places to win, not some cobbled shite to bank a few shekels. Your statement sums up what 90% of the defectors moved grade for the big cash cow Scottish Cup. It aint that rosey although we have banked a fair wad thanks to the invite, but like the professional club we are we spend to accumulate. You should get your community club to try it.

I pointed out buses are covered by the SFA for long trips, you clearly forgot about that when claiming a few trips up north would cost money, try and get it right. 

You stay overnight because of the money you earn from the SFA, the reeking hypocrisy from most of your contributions is overwhelming.

Have you worked out how much money you earned last season from senior football yet, a massive cash cow to keep your club at the top of the wee pond.

5 minutes ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

It's good to know I'm in yours.
Thanks for the dislike though. It shows that I'm on the right track.

That'll make a change given how far off the mark you've been so far 🤣

Anyway, stop dragging the thread off topic in your sad trolling attempts, maybe you should join the new troll-free Junior forum.

Glenhead was one I thought of. Is Colville’s ground next to the rugby club? Haven’t been out there for a while and think it might need some minor changes.

Im not sure there are many more clubs out there who want to join junior football in the west as they will need to make ground improvements and if they don’t own them they might not be allowed to make the changes. That is what happened to the club I know were interested.
I believe its a multi pitch facility so I'd assume so.

I had a skim though a guide to ammie grounds across Scotland at NLM & found the following enclosed grounds (guide hasn't been updated in a few years but I assume the info should still pertain to today.

Milingavie Wanderers
Viewfield Rovers (Lochwinnoch)
Symington Tinto (semi-enclosed)
Postal United (east end of glasgow)
Kilsyth
Chryston
Rothesay Brandane

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:

I had a skim though a guide to ammie grounds across Scotland at NLM & found the following enclosed grounds (guide hasn't been updated in a few years but I assume the info should still pertain to today.

Milingavie Wanderers
Kilsyth
Chryston
Rothesay Brandane

What ground do Colville Park use for Scottish Cup ties?

Milingavie Wanderers
Kilsyth
Chryston
Rothesay Brandane

Have been to wanderers ground it would need work to meet the standard as if I remember correctly their was no barrier to the playing surface (although a rope would suffice according the rules.)

I have heard rumblings in the past of Viewfield wanting to join but like Baillieston coming back and Third Lanark moving back to Cathkin and joining the juniors it has never happened.

I wonder if any have been sounded out or if the SJFA are content with what they have.

With Lesser Hampden about to undergo a major investment due to the sale of Hampden, opportunity for the never ending/starting Third Lanark revival?

I would be surprised with the amount of teams that play at lesser hampden if their is any spare booking slots!!

The one thing that a lot of people miss when talking about the SJFA versus the SFA and highlighted by Bonnyton when I talked to them is that every SFA club has a club development officer, these guys are on the end of phone, based in Irvine, and can help you with pretty much everything from starting a club to getting funding.

The SJFA don’t really get involved in improving clubs and making them sustainable, they don’t really have that knowledge.

The one thing that a lot of people miss when talking about the SJFA versus the SFA and highlighted by Bonnyton when I talked to them is that every SFA club has a club development officer, these guys are on the end of phone, based in Irvine, and can help you with pretty much everything from starting a club to getting funding.
The SJFA don’t really get involved in improving clubs and making them sustainable, they don’t really have that knowledge.

I think community clubs have access to them too. Certainly we had several meetings with the guys for our area when I was involved. Provided some good information for us.

I agree that the SJFA need to do more to support their clubs. I argued at the time that a fundraising officer/development officer for clubs was more important than appointing a assistant secretary.