Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jason King

Cumbernauld United 2019-20

Recommended Posts

Is this finally their year?

A club that has never been in the West "all in" top flight, surely their promotion to the top flight is long overdue?

All I've seen so far this close season has been players leaving. Would be good to see them get up, if for no other reason than they have been my local club for the last decade or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well here's hoping this is indeed our year. Last year was certainly disappointing but its history now, we move on, we have had a very busy close season. So what been happening?

On the playing front 4 players have departed,3 weren't offered new deals and young Connor Scullion has signed for Dumbarton FC,Connor was outstanding for us last season and is a great talent,we wish him all the success at his new club. 

We have retained or resigned 11 from last years squad, and we have added four new signings to date.

We expect to announce 3-4 additional signings next week so we should be in a position to announce our squad in full shortly.  

We have an open meeting in Hat-trix on Saturday week where we will update our supporters on our plans for the forthcoming season.

Guys Meadow is looking superb as we continue to improve the facilities year on year and we have ambitious plans for the stadium over the next few years.

So that's where we are just now,all very excited about the season ahead.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BeverleyHills said:

Well here's hoping this is indeed our year. Last year was certainly disappointing but its history now, we move on, we have had a very busy close season. So what been happening?

On the playing front 4 players have departed,3 weren't offered new deals and young Connor Scullion has signed for Dumbarton FC,Connor was outstanding for us last season and is a great talent,we wish him all the success at his new club. 

We have retained or resigned 11 from last years squad, and we have added four new signings to date.

We expect to announce 3-4 additional signings next week so we should be in a position to announce our squad in full shortly.  

We have an open meeting in Hat-trix on Saturday week where we will update our supporters on our plans for the forthcoming season.

Guys Meadow is looking superb as we continue to improve the facilities year on year and we have ambitious plans for the stadium over the next few years.

So that's where we are just now,all very excited about the season ahead.

 

 

Was Paul Murphy not offered a deal ...just with him being captain and a fans favourite and most of all a very good player...very experienced...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cumbernauld United Squad

 

Darren Hill   *

Graeme Murphy

Tony Stevenson

Ross McCabe

Jack Harrison *

Cameron Taylor *

Alan Benton

Conor Stevenson

Kieran McAleenan

Paul Callendar

Josh MacDonald*

Paddy McCabe

David Mackay*

Stefan Law

Chris Hall

John Cunningham

Scott Thomson*

 

* Denotes new signings

We expect to conclude further signings this week.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason King said:

Darren Hill as in the goalie?

Brilliant keeper! Silly boy when he had his chance in the big leagues, but doesn’t make him any less good on the pitch. Really hope he does well at United 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spyro said:

Brilliant keeper! Silly boy when he had his chance in the big leagues, but doesn’t make him any less good on the pitch. Really hope he does well at United 👍

so do we having gone through 8 keepers last season...which in my opinion was the reason we missed out on promotion ultimately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/07/2019 at 20:38, Village elder said:

so do we having gone through 8 keepers last season...which in my opinion was the reason we missed out on promotion ultimately

8 keepers!!! One phone call and I would’ve done it... :whistle

The lad you have will be perfect though, don’t even think he’s done anything bad tbh... just make sure you keep him busy and he doesn’t jump out of any windows or that! :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is that Scott Thomson who was on the books at Airdrie? Seemed a good lad, hope he does well. 

Yes, it’s the same Scott Thomson. We’re delighted that he’s signed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s going to be hard league again this season, I expect Darvel to be favourites to win it. Other teams will also no doubt improve.

Good luck for the season and I hope yous can get promotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 11:07, BeverleyHills said:

Cumbernauld United Squad

 

Darren Hill   *

Graeme Murphy

Tony Stevenson

Ross McCabe

Jack Harrison *

Cameron Taylor *

Alan Benton

Conor Stevenson

Kieran McAleenan

Paul Callendar

Josh MacDonald*

Paddy McCabe

David Mackay*

Stefan Law

Chris Hall

John Cunningham

Scott Thomson*

 

* Denotes new signings

We expect to conclude further signings this week.

 

 

Delighted to confirm two further signings

 

Klark Thomson  Ex Auchinleck and Glenafton 

Robbie Kilpatrick Ex Albion Rovers and Clyde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...