Cumbernauld United 2019-20

Jason King

saw it happen to a Linfield player recently on the NI BBC show...have to say I think refs should stop think and point out the shortest route instead of watching someone obviously do the wrong thing .If a playeracts like a tit and tries it on then fair doos
To be honest I think it's a stupid rule that causes far more issues than it solves.
If a player is taking too long then add the time on, simple.
I've watched several games at juniors and amateurs this season where players have to walk off right next to opposition fans or benches then walk all round the pitch to get to their own area.
Several issues with this . Obviously in a contentious game their is potential for interaction between subbed players and opposition technical area and fans along with possibly going behind opposition goal.
All this is done whilst wearing playing kit meaning both players and officials could mistake them for an on field player.
Also if only a ref officiating he still needs to go and get sub details at half way !
Thankfully all games I witnessed there have been no flashpoints but it's been close.

Impractical rule that needs thrown out.

Point of interest at the last old firm derby, apologies for bringing in to juniors, police instructed officials not to apply the rule.

16 hours ago, ski64 said:

To be honest I think it's a stupid rule that causes far more issues than it solves.
If a player is taking too long then add the time on, simple.
I've watched several games at juniors and amateurs this season where players have to walk off right next to opposition fans or benches then walk all round the pitch to get to their own area.
Several issues with this . Obviously in a contentious game their is potential for interaction between subbed players and opposition technical area and fans along with possibly going behind opposition goal.
All this is done whilst wearing playing kit meaning both players and officials could mistake them for an on field player.
Also if only a ref officiating he still needs to go and get sub details at half way !
Thankfully all games I witnessed there have been no flashpoints but it's been close.

Impractical rule that needs thrown out.

Point of interest at the last old firm derby, apologies for bringing in to juniors, police instructed officials not to apply the rule.

don't disagree with you at all just deal with time wasting by adding it back on.......bit of a potential pisser should  you lose a narrow advantage though because of extra time...just a thought

17 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

There is no doubt cumbernauld will push us all the way but we will see who comes out on top come end of the season , be interesting and no doubt the championship is a really good level , by all accounts the nauld should have beat hurlford , shotts nearly did , Gartcairn beat kilbirnie and peasies beat Clydebank , so I would say the standard is pretty good 

love your style and positivity Legend...you guys will be an absolute asset in the league above ..and I'm fairly certain you will make it...no macho posturing from me , a simple fan , we'll just have to wait and see how the dice fall and hope for the best....until we meet again

• 3 weeks later...

Well time to shake off the disappointment of the shoot out defeat by a super league team .Not seen Blantyre since our home again in the league but they've crept up the league...real toughy .Wish the bookies would sod off and stop giving us the favourite tag in just about every game we play .Here's hoping the weather is kind and the game goes ahead ...'Mon the "Nauld

• 3 weeks later...
According to the club website Kieran McAnespie has joined the coaching staff at the field of dreams. Looking forward to Saturdays game against Whittlets. Fingers crossed for positive weather
Good appointment. Plenty of experience. Could make the difference for Cumbernauld going for promotion this season [emoji106]

Ah well despite my rampant pessimism another 3 pints and 4 goals to the good today .0-0 at half time and unlucky not to convert a few decent chances in the first half all change in the second when defending the deep end and shooting towards the shallow end .Not a failure in the Cumbernauld colours today but Chris Hall in particular was immense ...thanks lads 

1 hour ago, Thereporter said:

Whitletts will have gone back the way with that egotistical maniac as manager.

was at the first game and todays , although you won the first game we were poor and  I thought your team today was better than the game at Ayr..perhaps easy for me to say but what I saw was an improved football team..4 - 0 was the final score but although i thought we played very well today the gap was not that big..by no means the poorest team we've played this season ....hope things pick up for you