Cumbernauld United 2019-20

Jason King

• 2 weeks later...

fast forward to the new season...promising start by Andy and the boys....not at our best against Kilsyth which ultimately decided the outcome of the section .Two excellent results against 2 of the promoted clubs in our opening league fixtures 4 - 1 against Blantyre and an outstanding comeback from 2 - 0 down to slip past Shotts 3 - 2 away from home - without a doubt one of the best second half performances in recent seasons...... a tremendous display by Darren Hill in goals with four truly game saving stops......looking forward to the visit of St Rochs this Saturday...'mon the 'Nauld

Nearly forgot when waxing lyrical  about our start to the season..we have started producing a programme for all games this season...so far sold out on both games available..might be a touch biased but in my opinion only quite possibly up there with anything else produced in non league Scottish football..well worth one of your Scottish pounds

I'll be down tomorrow and to watch Cumbernauld whenever I can this season. Great wee club, good set-up, welcoming to visitors and played some brilliant football last season.

Felt they were unfortunate not to get promoted. I know the season is full of ifs and buts but they were only a penalty miss in the dying seconds of the Arthurlie game from getting promoted and lost/drew a few games through weak goals etc (in my opinion).

Am hoping that just missing out on promotion last season spurs them on and hopefully the new signings will make a difference.

Looking forward to tomorrow as was at the same fixture last year and St Rochs brought a good crowd and it was an exciting game.

Great game last night against a good Shotts team,delighted to get the win,we were excellent especially the second half and over the piece deserved the win.A special mention on the playing surface which was immaculate,don't think I have seen better (fact)and also the hospitality which was first class.

• 4 weeks later...
Couple of new signings for the club,

Striker Johnny McStay signed from Lesmahagow

Former Kilbirnie, Clydebank and Clyde winger Mark Burbidge has also joined.

Delighted to get both players on board, welcome to the Nauld boys.
Two quality signings. [emoji106]

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Couple of new signings for the club,

Striker Johnny McStay signed from Lesmahagow

Former Kilbirnie, Clydebank and Clyde winger Mark Burbidge has also joined.

Delighted to get both players on board, welcome to the Nauld boys.
If use can get the best out bubba hes a quality wee player. On his game very good 2 watch but there was games i didnt even know he was playing lol

Mon the papers

• 1 month later...

Good week end for the mighty United......compared to last season at this time we are 8 points better off and several places higher....thanks to Andy and the boys for giving us lots to shout about....the team goes from strength to strength .Widely acknowledged as one of the best footballing sides  in the division now also a bit of flare up front.....keep it up Guys

third time ive watched cumberbauld this season and got to say they have looked very good each time. Cumbernauld's right wingback particularly impressed yesterday. creates some amount of chances for the forwards. Should have been a far bigger scoreline but Mcstay missed some glorious chances. Strange sending off yesterday anyone know what happened?

third time ive watched cumberbauld this season and got to say they have looked very good each time. Cumbernauld's right wingback particularly impressed yesterday. creates some amount of chances for the forwards. Should have been a far bigger scoreline but Mcstay missed some glorious chances. Strange sending off yesterday anyone know what happened?
As far as I could make out from what I read somewhere, the player who was being subbed off wouldn't leave the pitch where the ref told him to, so picked up a second yellow card. Players will soon get wise to the fact that the best place to stand if you think you are going off is bang on top of the centre spot

As far as I could make out from what I read somewhere, the player who was being subbed off wouldn't leave the pitch where the ref told him to, so picked up a second yellow card. Players will soon get wise to the fact that the best place to stand if you think you are going off is bang on top of the centre spot
Player was closer to the stand side but decided to head the longer route. Ref instructed him to go off towards stand then player protests. Yellow card technically correct but bit harsh though obviously don't know what was said between the two.

IMHO player should have just pleaded innocent and did what ref told him.

On the game , very even first half and Vics gave a decent account of themselves.
After losing first goal Vics needed to score next to have any chance.
Stupid penalty finished the game as a competition, not disputing it just pointless challenge as keeper had caught ball!!.
Good luck to Cumbernauld for the rest of the season and thanks for the hospitality yesterday, made most welcome.

ch

21 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
41 minutes ago, Rox said:

cheers for that. never seen that happen before and to be honest never knew that was a rule. a bit harsh imo. was hoping to see wee bubba yesterday. heard hes doing well

6 hours ago, Rox said:

ch

cheers for that. never seen that happen before and to be honest never knew that was a rule. a bit harsh imo. was hoping to see wee bubba yesterday. heard hes doing well

saw it happen to a Linfield player recently on the NI BBC show...have to say I think refs should stop think and point out the shortest route instead of watching someone obviously do the wrong thing .If a playeracts like a tit and tries it on then fair doos

6 hours ago, ski64 said:

Player was closer to the stand side but decided to head the longer route. Ref instructed him to go off towards stand then player protests. Yellow card technically correct but bit harsh though obviously don't know what was said between the two.

IMHO player should have just pleaded innocent and did what ref told him.

On the game , very even first half and Vics gave a decent account of themselves.
After losing first goal Vics needed to score next to have any chance.
Stupid penalty finished the game as a competition, not disputing it just pointless challenge as keeper had caught ball!!.
Good luck to Cumbernauld for the rest of the season and thanks for the hospitality yesterday, made most welcome.

agree with your sentiments and observations  on the sending off.A very even first half although I think we shaded the goal scoring opportunities and your big custodian had several good stops ..until the next time ..and all the best

There is no doubt cumbernauld will push us all the way but we will see who comes out on top come end of the season , be interesting and no doubt the championship is a really good level , by all accounts the nauld should have beat hurlford , shotts nearly did , Gartcairn beat kilbirnie and peasies beat Clydebank , so I would say the standard is pretty good