dunfermline v dundee

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Byrne was invisible at Dunfermline and invisible against us for Livi, will be interesting to see how he does. 

McGowan will be taking names and pirouetting his away around the pitch.

Edited by Ludo*1

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He along with Fyvie have been told to bolt.

Our midfield will more than likely be Paul McGowan and Shaun Byrne. And Gowser made Paton burst into tears at Dens.

Ghostbusters is pretty scarey though tbh.

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He along with Fyvie have been told to bolt.

No suprise really, if you wanted to do more than stay up neither were good enough

Edited by Adam101

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

I reckon it'll be Ness and Byrne as starters, McGowan just coming on and stifling the game as we win the league win a majority of 1-0 wins. 

I'd forgotten all about Ness!

Reckon McGowan will be hugely important for us this season. No court cases or injuries hanging over him this pre season and a massive desire to put last season behind him. He'll have a job displacing Ness and Byrne going by the reputations they both have (Zero clue about either of them).

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Surely you'll play with all three? Byrne has literally only performed in a three. 

Ness is a cracking signing if he's over his injuries. 

Andy Nelson can't really play on his own up top. In McPake's one official match, we played 352, and that formation seems to suit the players we have right now but McPake has been signing wingers and wing backs so no one really knows yet.

11 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Byrne was invisible at Dunfermline and invisible against us for Livi, will be interesting to see how he does. 

There was some diddy cup game v Raith where he was sensational. Savage tackles, won everything, pinging the ball around perfectly. Otherwise anonymous. We know Dundee should be decent but we have also seen early season shocks (eg when we hammered newly relegated ICT) so whilst I'm sure Dundee will be much more involved at the top end of the table over the season I quite fancy us in this game. We've had a full squad (except for possibly one more winger) for a while so that's a good while to gel in preseason.