Dun Utd v Inverness

Yazz has just contacted me and her advice is - "Johndo, We've been broken down, To the lowest turn, Bein' on the bottom line, Sure ain't no fun - Hold on hold on Johndo, Hold on Johndo, ooh ooh aah - The only way is up Johndo, For ICT now, The only way is up Johndo, For you and me and ICT now." At least we now have SIX totally winnable points available now,

Shows the difference between the clubs when Robbo has to turn to Todorov to get us back in the game, signed for buttons after his release from Falkirk whilst Shankland on £30k a week smashes in four.

11 minutes ago, RiG said:

Shows the difference between the clubs when Robbo has to turn to Todorov to get us back in the game, signed for buttons after his release from Falkirk whilst Shankland on £30.5k a week smashes in four and doesn't even play the full 90 mins.

FTFY.

10 minutes ago, RiG said:

Shows the difference between the clubs when Robbo has to turn to Todorov to get us back in the game, signed for buttons after his release from Falkirk whilst Shankland on £30k a week smashes in four.

Yeah, ICT are shite. This really isn't news, tbf.

Mind when Coll Donaldson was a thing? FFS. Almost scored today though. The giant horse's arse.

7 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Mind when Coll Donaldson was a thing? FFS. Almost scored today though. The giant horse's arse.

Donaldson sending a long pass straight out of play in the second half, causing most of our crowd to serenade him with EE-AW chants was glorious.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
On 21/06/2019 at 11:36, Sarto Mutiny said:
I am abroad, so Dundee United will win. Do not question my methods.

Told you

I seem to recall this happening on more than one occasion so no offense but do you mind fucking off for a year or two. 

Pleasantly surprised that Neilson started with 2 up top and what a difference it makes. Shankland is more than just a goal scorer but he was emphatic today and had it not been for his 4 goals Appere would have walked off as man of the match today, very encouraging display from both. Not a poor performance from anyone in the team although ICT were dreadful and will be no more than mid table if that is going to be their level of performance. 

Thoroughly enjoyed that today. Was very nervous seeing Stanton in the middle with Butcher, BUT he played well, as well as I've seen him play for a season and a half.

Shankland will get all the plaudits and so he should he was excellent, but Louis Appere for me, was very good, 2 assists, greats runs, made a right royal nusance of himself to the ICT defense. Very good first start in the league and should give him a good platform to build one. Hopefully the first of many starts.

To be fair no failures at all today, and a great 1st game of the season.

I attended the game yesterday, and if I were a Caley fan, I'd be extremely worried. Looked nowhere near the level against Dundee last week, and yesterday could've been verging on double figures. United looked like scoring everytime they attacked and that's as a neutral.

Less looking forward to facing United than I was after yesterday. They look troubling. Fair play. 

On 31/07/2019 at 11:34, Tarmo Kink said:

Dundee United are shite

Yip.

Thankfully for us,  Shankland is pretty decent.

Apperre, Mcmullen, Stanton and Robson were above average too.....

Just as well for you that the rest were clearly utterly shite otherwise the score might have been really fucking embarrassing.....😎 

41 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I attended the game yesterday, and if I were a Caley fan, I'd be extremely worried. Looked nowhere near the level against Dundee last week, and yesterday could've been verging on double figures. United looked like scoring everytime they attacked and that's as a neutral.

Less looking forward to facing United than I was after yesterday. They look troubling. Fair play. 

Can a Dundee fan really be a neutral at a United game?

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Can a Dundee fan really be a neutral at a United game?

Well, if you think a Dundee fan can't, that emphasises the dominance United had over Caley even more so.

Dundee fans keep coming on our threads telling us we are so shite and should be worried. We aren’t expected to be finishing above the Dundee sides as we can’t compete with them financially. The sides we need to be worried about finishing above are the likes of Partick, Morton, Dunfermline etc. None of whom won in the first round of fixtures, against weaker sides than United.

11 hours ago, RiG said:

It's a thousand a week basic and a couple of thousand a goal.  No wonder he has to come out and score 4 - he has to make ends meet somehow.

Shank land’s 4 goals aside, a highlight of the game for me was Donaldson frantically clapping his hands to indicate to all and sundry that he was going to send a killerr quick ball to launch a lightening counter attack, only to send the ball directly out of play.

Absolute comedy, must be something about Tannadice that does that to him. Fair fucks to the boy for having the bottle do do after the ridicule he had been suffering all game), but he really does bring it on himself sometimes.

That being said, his last ditch tackle to stop Mcmullen (in all likelhood) scoring, was a piece of class, and a pen and a red if he had got it even a few inches wrong, so credit where it’s due.

(He is still a bellend though)😎

Edited by MacArab