Dun Utd v Inverness

IF we play like this consistently over the season, we will walk this fucking league.

Shankland was untouchable. Louis Appere was fantastic, love him. Also great to see Cammy Smith back in favour.

And 7k attendance!

Other than their games against us, The Dirty Dees can only dream about crowds like that in the league.

3 points.

Tap.

That's all.

A complete and utter dicking. Admirable of our defence to let Shankland score 3 carbon copy goals before Donaldson was easily turned for an excellent 4th.

If there was little be positive about last week then we're scrapping the barrel for anything good to take home after that.

Eye gauging long balls to White who seldom won a header, had little chances created for him and when an opportunity did come his way he contrived to pull a shot wide from about 3 yards.

Robbo seemed to have no idea how to change things but it was telling that the rare time we did fashion a reasonable chance it was when we got the ball on the deck and worked it wide with Walsh. Trafford was garbage and needs benched immediately.

A solid performance.  I don't recall anyone being sub-par but that front line... Obviously Shankland but Appere was none too shabby either.

I was a bit worried when Thistle Mk II drew level - previous seasons might have seen us collapse - but not this year.

Top of the league, Ma, top of the league.

7 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Wowser Mr Nicoll that's a braw wide array o pies yev got there.

Aye Fat Boab, nae mair o this twa pehs, a plein bridie and an ingin in ana shite.

Now it's one o yer wide array o pies and a Chili Cheese Hotdog in ana.

I didn't even get a chance to sample any of the food today, what with the liquid football on display satisfying my appetite. 

It's so refreshing to be able to come away from a United match with so many positives.

Shankland's been signed to get us out of the Championship. He couldn't have gotten off to a better start. First United hat trick since Cammy Smith in 2016 (I think). That today slightly helps exorcise the memory of the last time he got four goals at Tannadice is a little bonus.

To be honest, I'd have taken a relatively encouraging performance and a draw prior to kick off. The East Fife horror show had me fearing the worst. Instead, today was probably the most enjoyable it's been at Tannadice for quite a while.

Robson barely put a foot wrong. Stanton was a great foil to Butcher. He didn't shirk challenges and helped move the ball forward well. He rewarded Neilson's faith in him over pre-season and I hope he can keep it up.

Appere up front with Shankland paid off too. It's worth persevering with imo, although not with Clark on left wing. It's really good to see a young lad grasp his opportunity after doing so well in preseason. 

Finally, the minute's applause for Alastair Brodie was lovely too. A superb send-off for someone who's contributed a great deal. Not just to this club, but to the city as well.

Edited by captainkev