Dun Utd v Inverness

39 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Hard pressed to think of a more vile club than ICT. Tanning two clubs for the price of one and all that.

Is there a big difference?

the club changed their name to Dundee United in order to widen their appeal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee_United_F.C.

So you sold out your Irish roots? Played into the hands of the bigots? Another entry in the litany of Tannadice Shame.

I’m only joking of course, Dundee Utd are a lovely club and I hope to make it to this game to give all your fans a big cuddle.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

So you sold out your Irish roots? Played into the hands of the bigots? Another entry in the litany of Tannadice Shame.

I’m only joking of course, Dundee Utd are a lovely club and I hope to make it to this game to give all your fans a big cuddle.

I hope you make the game, the bigger the crowd the better.

However I will go for an opt out on the cuddle.

• 1 month later...

Now that that League Cup shite is out the way.... has Neilson got himself into a position where our first league game of the season is a must win? 

Optimistic hat on, I'll go 2-0 Utd. Shankland in the first half, McMullan wrapping it up on the break late on after a nervy 2nd half. 

Edited by coppola

Now that that League Cup shite is out the way.... has Neilson got himself into a position where out first league game of the season is a must win? 

No, but I'd say he has to get a minimum of 8 points from the first 4 games. Anything less and Ashgar's Twitter account will be red hot.

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

Jesus 

We were utter shite against Dundee and a repeat of the Peterhead game where we can't play if we are pressed and challenged for every ball, I saw that Neilson was at the game so he will take a lot from it and I expect but hope against another dismal miserable defeat.

If we play Trafford and Vincent in the middle we will get a severe doing IMO.  Far too similar in that they are slow in possession and never pass forward to our wingers/striker.

Edit - And they always give away fouls when tracking back to win the ball.

Edited by TheScarf

On 21/06/2019 at 13:26, ICTChris said:

Hard pressed to think of a more vile club than Dundee Utd.  Decades of wasted money, failure, a culture of bullying and corruption, a fanbase that consists in it's entirety of 48 year old divorced men who wear flat caps, a squad of money grubbing frauds, a succession of managers who crack under the pressure.  Awful, disgusting club, without parallel in malfeasance in Scottish and probably world football.

Are you Johndo in disguise ?? 🤣  You are learning Grasshopper or was it the Voddie ?

Donaldson to either play amazing and score a cracking headed goal from a Walsh corner or let the United support get to him, concede a penalty, score an OG and get sent off for unleashing a Rock Bottom on McMullan.

2 hours ago, Pulp said:

I can’t see us scoring in this. Best I can hope for is a bore nil nil draw.

I reckon Keatings would have scored if Forster hadn't thrown his head in front of the ball on Sunday. Given that Utd don't have any psychopaths prepared to do that, I reckon there is hope for Caley. 

2-0 Caley, Keatings brace. 

I would take a point gratefully. It appears that both teams are struggling to adopt to a new squad. Unfortunately Robbo has not really changed our system too much and we remain one-dimensional and predictable. Cant see us having the dogged defence and hit on the break effect that we had last season. There again United appear a better team than Dungdee and perhaps that will actually suit us better. Our defence looked disjointed and unfit. Lets hope that Coll and Tremarco return quickly to their usual standard. I really hope that we chuck the hoof to the headless White tactic and play more to the width of Doran and Walsh. Play more to the strengths of Keatings and play Carson in front of the back four. 

Whether we play Vincent, Trafford or Carson altogether or two as a combination I can't not see us getting overrun in midfield.  I wonder if playing either Donaldson or McCart in midfield to try and break up the play and just be an all-round more robust presence might be a good idea.

Obviously with Rooney out, we'd be a bit short at the back, unless we started McHattie and moved Tremarco over to the right.

Edited by Highland Capital

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I would take a point gratefully. It appears that both teams are struggling to adopt to a new squad. Unfortunately Robbo has not really changed our system too much and we remain one-dimensional and predictable. Cant see us having the dogged defence and hit on the break effect that we had last season. There again United appear a better team than Dungdee and perhaps that will actually suit us better. Our defence looked disjointed and unfit. Lets hope that Coll and Tremarco return quickly to their usual standard. I really hope that we chuck the hoof to the headless White tactic and play more to the width of Doran and Walsh. Play more to the strengths of Keatings and play Carson in front of the back four. 

Ignoring the brutal "Dungdee" patter for a second, what are you basing this on exactly?