East Region Superleague 2019/2020

Jock Tamson

• 2 weeks later...

Long long way to go but very happy with the start especially yesterday as the boys had to dig deep playing 60+ mins with 10 men then the last 20 with 9 due to injuries. Couldn't be more proud of the team as a collective every single player has played a huge role so far. A special mention to my assistant manager David Dunn who has kept everything turning over whilst I was missing fighting my own personal battles and everyone at Fauldhouse utd for their support especially Dave Huddlestone

7 hours ago, jc1 said:

Long long way to go but very happy with the start especially yesterday as the boys had to dig deep playing 60+ mins with 10 men then the last 20 with 9 due to injuries. Couldn't be more proud of the team as a collective every single player has played a huge role so far. A special mention to my assistant manager David Dunn who has kept everything turning over whilst I was missing fighting my own personal battles and everyone at Fauldhouse utd for their support especially Dave Huddlestone

You have only drew 1.game which was pumpherston was it not?  So you've done what the others haven't in the consistancy

3 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

You have only drew 1.game which was pumpherston was it not?  So you've done what the others haven't in the consistancy

Lost a devastating 96th minute equaliser to Pumphy for a 4-4. Apart from that it’s been clinically professional with only 1 goal per game lost at home and ZERO conceded away from home. As JC said, every single player in the squad has played their part when called upon and the team spirit is absolutely phenomenal

On 09/09/2019 at 00:36, Spyro said:

Lost a devastating 96th minute equaliser to Pumphy for a 4-4. Apart from that it’s been clinically professional with only 1 goal per game lost at home and ZERO conceded away from home. As JC said, every single player in the squad has played their part when called upon and the team spirit is absolutely phenomenal

The boy who scored that equaliser Zander, was heard saying he's done at end of game against whitburn. massive blow if he leaves. 

• 3 weeks later...

What’s everyone’s thoughts on start to season now we are a third of the way through? In the north looks like eventually will fall to a 2 horse race between Carnoustie and lochee. New teams seem to be holding there own particularly impressed with scone  solid well organised team. 

Biggest shock is probably tayport winless always been impressed with former Arbroath player Robertson up front but seems he’s not firing as yet. 

Look forward to seeing how the league shapes up in the run up to Christmas 

Edited by Juniorfan123

8 hours ago, Juniorfan123 said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on start to season now we are a third of the way through? In the north looks like eventually will fall to a 2 horse race between Carnoustie and lochee. New teams seem to be holding there own particularly impressed with scone  solid well organised team. 

Biggest shock is probably tayport winless always been impressed with former Arbroath player Robertson up front but seems he’s not firing as yet. 

In the south fauldhouse looked to have been going to get away but brought back down to earth by Thornton last week who could be main challengers

21 hours ago, Juniorfan123 said:

I agree with what you say about the North, but I can't help but feel that this new structure is a massive step back.

Took in the Fauldhouse v Carnoustie match today given our game was off, top of their respective leagues and I have to say I was disappointed at what I saw. A lot of huff and puff without too much creativity, Hoose better team first half, Panmure better second, but Hoose grabbed the winner near the end when maybe a draw was a fair result.

However, good to see both clubs donating their share of the gate to a mental health charity, would be good if the SJFA also donated their cut......

Edited by Burnie_man

54 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Took in the Fauldhouse v Carnoustie match today given our game was off, top of their respective leagues and I have to say I was disappointed at what I saw. A lot of huff and puff without too much creativity, Hoose better team first half, Panmure better second, but Hoose grabbed the winner near the end when maybe a draw was a fair result.

However, good to see both clubs donating their share of the gate to a mental health charity, would be good if the SJFA also donated their cut......

You at a Junior game. Did the Junior fans have to wear crucifixs?

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Fair assessment. Wasn’t the best performance but it’ll do. Great finish from Robbie on his debut, coolest man in West Lothian and an instant hero.

Sorry I didn’t get over to say hi, was nursing a banging sore head from my exuberance on the Magners at the Friday night game at your patch for the under 20’s! You’re more than welcome up at the Hoose anytime you like though, hopefully we put on a better show for you next time.

Great gesture from both sides too with the gate money going to Back Onside ❤️

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I believe it's 10%, or certainly used to be.

You'll be pleased to know that the SJFA no longer takes a cut prior to the semis (where they take 20% but guarantee £5,000 to each club and then £12,000 to the finalists). They've also reduced the distance required - from 201 to 101 miles - for the SJFA to provide 50% more of the travel guarantee.

http://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/resources/documents/SJFAFiles/DocumentsandDownloads/Constitution&Rules/SJFA Constitution Rules 2019-20.pdf page 20/21

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

You'll be pleased to know that the SJFA no longer takes a cut prior to the semis (where they take 20% but guarantee £5,000 to each club and then £12,000 to the finalists). They've also reduced the distance required - from 201 to 101 miles - for the SJFA to provide 50% more of the travel guarantee.

http://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/resources/documents/SJFAFiles/DocumentsandDownloads/Constitution&Rules/SJFA Constitution Rules 2019-20.pdf page 20/21

Interesting, someone had better tell the Hoose tannoy man then because he announced the figure "after the SJFA percentage" or words to that effect. Hope he didn't send payment.......

39 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Interesting, someone had better tell the Hoose tannoy man then because he announced the figure "after the SJFA percentage" or words to that effect. Hope he didn't send payment.......

Just to confirm Burnieman that there was no 10% deduction payment made to the SJFA yesterday, there used to be in past years but in the early rounds now clubs just split the gate once the officials are paid. Thanks for coming up to yesterdays game and hope to see you back at Park View soon.

• 1 month later...

I've been to Lochee United 3-3 Kirrie Thistle today. Awful defending performances from both sides, arguably all 6 goals were the result of defensive errors, although that will have made the game entertaining for neutrals. Especially just before half-time it was crazy, 0-1 in the 42nd minute, 2-2 at HT. Lochee should've won in my opinion, missed some good chances, but paid the price for some individual errors. Bad day at the office really...