Bring.

It.

On.

Double winners.

New Park.

Let's do it.

[emoji4]

20190620_173423.thumb.jpg.e77a93b864c8cda3fd3d67a23d5e09a6.jpg

Winning titles and cups now that all the good teams have gone to play in the proper leagues? Billy Wee Baws to.....

Billy.

Big.

Baws.

I won the pool competition in my local boozer last week - there were three of us and it was nip and tuck over the period of the winner stays on format. I’m confident about retaining my title next week.

Bring.

It.

On.

In the whole scheme of things my achievement (and it’s a true story by the way, although I was a bit sh*t and a huge bit lucky in equal measure) is about as noteworthy as your teams achievements as, honestly, no one outside of your wee bubble cares. Remind me again of what your achievements were before the big East Region Clubs left to join both the real footballing world and the rest of Scottish football?

You’re heading for the anonymity of the Welfare leagues. In fact, you’re all but there. Bring it on? Laughable.

Winning titles and cups now that all the good teams have gone to play in the proper leagues? Billy Wee Baws to..... 
Billy.
Big.
Baws.

I won the pool competition in my local boozer last week - there were three of us and it was nip and tuck over the period of the winner stays on format. I’m confident about retaining my title next week.

Bring.
It.
On.

In the whole scheme of things my achievement (and it’s a true story by the way, although I was a bit sh*t and a huge bit lucky in equal measure) is about as noteworthy as your teams achievements as, honestly, no one outside of your wee bubble cares. Remind me again of what your achievements were before the big East Region Clubs left to join both the real footballing world and the rest of Scottish football?

You’re heading for the anonymity of the Welfare leagues. In fact, you’re all but there. Bring it on? Laughable.

Wow sounds like a knowledgeable football chap 🤡

Billy.
Big.
Baws.

Bring.
It.
On.

Jesus christ, you're a bundle of laughs eh. [emoji23]

Chill oot fella, you'll have a hearty ffs

Billy.
Big.
Baws.

Bring.
It.
On.

Can you clear one thing up for me

The pool competition, was it a straight knockout or did you play against everyone else in a round robin?

14 hours ago, Sidney Lumet said:

Billy.

Big.

Baws.

Bring.

It.

On.

I'm a big advocate of the pyramid and a big critic of some aspects of junior football. However, this dig at Broughty is out of order. Regarding the pyramid, Tayside is a bit in a state of limbo, the clubs can't join the East of Scotland League due to the boundary and there is no senior league north of that boundary to go to that doesn't involve having to be licensed.

Broughty can only beat who are in front of them. There are still some decent Tayside juniors left (like Lochee), so they will have a fight on their hands and it will still be an interesting title race regardless of all the current issues. Meanwhile, they are doing a great job off the pitch. Despite all the uncertainty there is currently due to a situation which isn't their fault, they should be commended for the good work they're doing.

Guest Moomintroll
I'm a big advocate of the pyramid and a big critic of some aspects of junior football. However, this dig at Broughty is out of order. Regarding the pyramid, Tayside is a bit in a state of limbo, the clubs can't join the East of Scotland League due to the boundary and there is no senior league north of that boundary to go to that doesn't involve having to be licensed.
Broughty can only beat who are in front of them. There are still some decent Tayside juniors left (like Lochee), so they will have a fight on their hands and it will still be an interesting title race regardless of all the current issues. Meanwhile, they are doing a great job off the pitch. Despite all the uncertainty there is currently due to a situation which isn't their fault, they should be commended for the good work they're doing.
Stop talking sense you pesky clueless Dutchman.

Good post Marten.

Sid is pure seething for some reason,it's a strange rant. Funny too though [emoji23]

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Kirkcaldy & Dysart - is that a name change? Werent they YM previously. 

Yes, at the end of May https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/juniors-renamed-as-kirkcaldy-ym-and-dysart-merge-to-form-community-football-partnership-1-4938138

Over 100 young footballers descended on Denfield Park on Monday night for the official launch of the Kirkcaldy Community Football Partnership.

The gathering brought together representatives from Kirkcaldy YM Juniors, Dysart AFC, Kirkcaldy FC and Templehall United, who have joined forces to create a pathway from the age of five all the way up to semi-professional senior level.

The move has also resulted in a merger between YM and Dysart, creating a newly named Kirkcaldy & Dysart FC, who will compete in the East Region Junior set-up next season.

Kirkcaldy Central councillor Alistair Cameron, vice-chairman at YM and a driving force behind the Kirkcaldy Community Football Partnership, explained: “It’s taken three years to get here.

“A lot of credit has to go to Paul Armour, who had the vision to start it off but for various reasons, including ill-health, it got disbanded. Myself and Neil Crooks have taken it forward since then.

“We always knew it was a good idea, but we had a problem coming up with a formula that suited, in particular, the junior development age groups. Now we’ve done it.”

At the top of the pyramid, the merger between YM and Dysart has created a stronger club committee, allowing YM chairman Lee Rough to step aside to take on a lead officer role overseeing the new football partnership.

Also crucial to pathway was the involvement of Templehall United, a thriving youth club with eight teams and around 150 players competing at various age groups from age five up to under 17 level.

“We had discussions with Templehall two or three months ago, and from a YM point of view, we met partners who just totally gelled with what we want to do,” Cllr Cameron said.

“We were just able to speak the same language.

“They were desperate to have a pathway for their children, and we were desperate to have a pathway backwards to put the hub together. It just seemed a perfect fit.”

Kirkcaldy FC have also come on board with teams at older age groups, and Cllr Cameron believes the collaboration is a breakthrough for the town, bringing the local junior club into line with similar feeder set-ups elsewhere in the Kingdom, such as at Kelty Hearts and Glenrothes Strollers.

“We’re playing catch-up with other junior teams in Fife who’ve all got their pathways,” he said.

“We want a place where Kirkcaldy kids, boys and girls, can progress in football and they don’t feel they have to go to Glenrothes, Kelty or Dunfermline.

“We’ll be using Denfield as our hub and giving the kids in Kirkcaldy somewhere that they can aspire to play their football as they move through the age groups.

“We’re virtually the biggest town in Fife and we haven’t had this before. We’re a long way behind everyone else but we have made huge strides.”

Part of the plans involve redevelopment of Denfield Park, with the newly formed Kirkcaldy & Dysart FC committee hoping to secure the ground they currently rent from Fife Council on a lease basis.

“We hope to spend quite a bit of money improving the grounds and that will start next week regardless of whether we get lease or not,” Cllr Cameron added.

“We’ll hopefully be able to enclose the park, give it more of a stadium feel to it, and try to take greater control of it.

“Those are ambitions and whether they come off or not is another matter, but we won’t be short on adventure and trying to make things better for people playing football in Kirkcaldy.”

After an improved season on the pitch last year, the new Kirkcaldy & Dysart FC – who will retain the YM nickname – are aiming to continue their comeback from near extinction under the guidance of manager Craig Ness.

“YM made huge improvements last year,” Cllr Cameron added. “We went from one point in the league the year before to 23 points, which is fantastic.

“The plans are to push on again next season with the same management team.

“Things are looking good, but we needed to get this starting pont, and we can see from the turn-out tonight what enthusiaum there is from Templehall and Kirkcaldy FC to this partnership.

“Dysart are also key to this because without those five committee members coming in we would have struggled to have enough people to do all the jobs that we want to be done.”

Cllr Cameron also stated that Kirkcaldy & Dysart FC have no immediate plans to follow the recent mass exodus of junior clubs into the East of Scotland League.

“We’re happy at the moment to stay junior,” he said.

“We’ll look at in year on year, but we’ll definitely be junior next year – it suits us.

“One or two East of Scotland clubs may well come back to the juniors because it’s not been what they wanted.

“The problem is they now need floodlights to get their SFA licence and clubs have no chance of progressing because they’re never going to have the finances to do these things.

“Until we get a bit more competitive and maybe outgrow the league we’re in, we’re happy to stay where we are.”

• 3 weeks later...

Good to hear that Coupar Angus started their campaign with a win (2-1 v Arbroath Vics), after losing every single competitive game last season. They have done a lot of work there so it's good to see they started the season well.