Kit thread - season 19/20

12 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

They'll be the only Macron wearing team in the league with the manufacturer's old logo... minter

That may well be the case, Dave.  But this season our home strip is fine. Especially compared to some previous ones where we did stuff like put random shades in, strange patterns or even different coloured sleeves to the rest of the top.

And yet your poor club is stuck with that shit show forever. Like clubs who play in hoops, the different colour sleeves mean you're duty bound by tradition to always have shite strips.

We just chose to do it for the crack these past few years.

Screenshot_20190620-185957_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f4d3d2457b860e604db15ebfe4649d09.jpg

These were our "bespoke" kits from Joma and BLK, forgive us for not caring the decent top this season is an old off the shelf fucker.

Just look at some of those.

19 hours ago, Dave1875 said:

Just noticed they've got the actual badge on the shirts instead of the usual circular badge they have on their strips

Just as we had last season.

11 hours ago, Estragon said:

That St Johnstone strip is really cool, who cares if another team wore it?

Was going to say the exact same it’s actually a really nice design. I always find it strange how serious some people react to new kits. In the grand scheme of things it is absolutely meaningless, wether it’s unbroken hoops or wrong shades of blue, it is of absolutely no importance. 

7 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Was going to say the exact same it’s actually a really nice design. I always find it strange how serious some people react to new kits. In the grand scheme of things it is absolutely meaningless, wether it’s unbroken hoops or wrong shades of blue, it is of absolutely no importance. 

It is, and it isnae’. If it is absolutely of no importance, then why should the trousers, shirt, or jackets we wear when we go out be of any importance? I have little interest in fashion, I’m a jeans and t-shirt guy, but even I care enough that I think about the look, colour, and style of my clobber - to a degree at least.

A club’s kit is their face to the world. A World Cup comes around, and there’s Brazil’s famous yellow & blue. there’s Juventus’ fcuking up their famous black & white stipes. The kits earn money for clubs by carrying sponsor logos. The league advertise on them with sleeve patches, there’s now secondary sponsors, and kit sales are important. So, it’s club clobber, and effort should be made to make it look good. Respect tradition. Be the right shade.... those should be base camp starting points for any new design.

What constitutes a good, a nice, or a crap design is clearly subjective, but with over 125 years of history for most clubs now, getting their kit to at least not look crap should be of some importance. St Mirren, for example, completely fcuked it up with our kiddies pirate costume monstrosity from a few seasons ago.

I mean.... Live it. Breathe it. Wear it. Get it tae’ fcuk.... The Party Shop in Glasgow took 2,000 unsold shirts off our hands though...

7DE69DF5-256D-479C-9707-229587903A83.jpeg

57A21260-83EE-4C9C-9236-602B8C2C23D5.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

On 20/06/2019 at 19:14, jamamafegan said:

Oh my lord. This is the first I’ve seen of this. Motherwell and County both with new Macron efforts and then there’s us...with an ex Eastleigh kit.

Is this really happening again? Are you fucking kidding me?

TK Maxx gave saints a good deal on the kit with the old logo.

4 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Oh and now there’s Hibs with a brilliant Macron bespoke effort.

You seriously like that Hibs strip more than the Saints home one this season?! 

I don't think bespoke matters as much as good design.. look at last season's bespoke home effort we put out.

Not feeling the excitement over which macron logo either, the new one looks like the save the children badge or something, the written one on our strip is okay.

Hibs away is not bad, probably second best away to Motherwell's so far. Still St Johnstone leading the home efforts in my unbiased opinion!