Whitletts Victoria 19/20

George Grierson is back as manager assisted by Kevin Deeney and Raymond Buchanan.
Can’t speak for everybody but I’m delighted George is back. Hopefully start getting back to winning ways starting this week against Cambuslang

Wee bit fae the SUN
GRIERSON RETURNS TO VICS HOTSEAT

Whitletts Victoria are delighted to announce the appointment of George Grierson as the Clubs’ new manager.

Grierson returns to the Club, replacing Peter Leonard who stepped down from the role on Sunday.

Grierson’s appointment comes nine months after he stepped aside as Vics boss due to health reasons but now fully recovered from his double hip replacement, he has once again answered the call from his former club in their time of need.

“Peter Leonard is someone whom I very much respect both as a person and a manager and its’ disappointing that things just haven’t worked out for him at Whitletts” said Grierson.

“When I stepped down from the post back in January due to health reasons I felt that my days in the dugout were behind me. But when the Chairman called me to gauge if I was interested in the post it was a call that I just couldn’t refuse. I’ve a strong affection for the Club and I feel that given the circumstances that I had to step down previously, I have some unfinished business to attend to.”

“Peter has brought together a squad of talented football players and with some hard work I am confident that we can get the Club out of the predicament that we currently find ourselves in, starting with the game at Cambuslang this weekend.”
Grierson will have his long time assistant Kevin Deeney alongside him in the dugout while former Whitletts skipper Raymond Buchanan will return to the Club in a coaching capacity.

Vics Chairman John Dalton was delighted that Grierson has agreed to take up the managerial hotseat once again.

“When Peter (Leonard) informed me of his decision on Sunday morning, the Club Committee met later that evening and it was clear that if he was willing to make a return to the game that George was the preferred candidate and I’m delighted that he has agreed to return to the Club.”

“Whitletts is a Club that George knows well. We had success in achieving promotion during his last spell in charge and he consolidated the Club in the Championship before stepping down earlier this year because of his health. George is a winner."

"His knowledge, desire and passion is second to none and I’m sure that he’ll get the best out of the talented squad that he has inherited and we’ll soon start to climb away from the relegation zone.”