Viewfield Rovers AFC 19/20

Boab17

Here is my annual preseason start post lol.

We face an even tougher season than last year with both 1st divisions amalgamating. This is going to be one of the most competitive leagues in Scotland make no bones about it. We are looking forward to it and improving again on last years league position.

We have been quietly going about our business having been back at pre-season for the last 2 weeks. 16 boys last week 20 this week with 3 regulars missing. Whilst there are a couple of the boys far from being at the fitness level required we have indeed managed to source a couple of gems which will add graft and experience to our squad. The club has secured its long term lease at our park and we can now begin to put some improvements in place for next season.

We will be training on a Tuesday and a Thursday at our park moving to Johnstone high school in the winter. Our U17's squad will be training with us therefore we will have plenty of numbers at each training session. We are always looking to add to our squad and our committee so if you are interested please message me on here.

Whilst we are eager to add to the squad please do not message if you aren't interested in training that's not what we require.

Boab

22 for preseason last night not dropped below 20 for 3 weeks now and before any snipers start ...yes i know its early days. But some other good news as one of my players decided against junior football and my long term injured goalkeeper been given.the all clear to resume playing. Could this be the season of a decent league finish? Sincerely hope so but theres going to be some great games as theres some great teams what a league this is going to be.

Our committee been working hard behind the scenes too getting prepared for a long season.

• 3 weeks later...

A tough and VERY physical challenge on Saturday against last years Scottish Cup finalists and treble winners Lesmahagow. 3-1 defeat wasn't helped by 2 outrageous decisions by the ref. Gave a corner when everyone that was there saw that it went out for a shy at least 5 yards from the corner flag, boy whipped corner in for his own player unmarked put it high over the bar only for him to award another corner WTF! even the striker said 'cmon ref' and that's a fact. Awarded a penalty in 2nd half that was as good a tackle as you will ever see.

However we missed 4 one on ones and had a lot of the play. 5 boys return this week too boost the numbers having had to use 2 of our youth team on Saturday. To be honest it was a closely contested game with nothing between the 2 teams.

This Saturday we host Ayrshire Premier team New Farm Loch, quality team and some good friends involved in that team hopefully we can put up a good contest. I must admit we are getting there this year hopefully a much better season ahead in the Cale 1st.