Irvine Victoria 2019-20

tombo

1 hour ago, tombo said:

Ref: the vics missed penalty. Have they stopped giving out red cards for a last man challenge /goal scoring opportunity? I thought it was only goalkeepers who were exempt from the double fund punishment.
T

Both the penalties were extremely soft imo in fact I didnae think they were pens but I am the old type you need to foul someone not to touch them  

• 2 weeks later...

Great 3 points tonight lads. Thoroughly deserved for a magnificent team performance. Callum and Danny earned their goals for the shift they put in against an experienced no nonsense defence who took no prisoners. Both finishes were fantastic.
Mon the Toria[emoji4]

9 hours ago, tombo said:

Great 3 points tonight lads. Thoroughly deserved for a magnificent team performance. Callum and Danny earned their goals for the shift they put in against an experienced no nonsense defence who took no prisoners. Both finishes were fantastic.
Mon the Toriaemoji4.png

Well done mate , I thought you would be a goner this season but fair play to u great start 

We were well worth the three points last night. Like you say loads of personnel changes again but this squad has a wee bit about them this year in battling terms that was missing at the start of last season. However it's early days yet but things are looking up[emoji4]
T

I was expecting Vics to struggle this season with more of your players leaving once again over the summer but a good 4 points so far. Victoria Park will be a tough place to go for a lot of teams.

I also thought it would be a struggle and we had the potential to be bottom of the pile right from the off. However my opinion has changed as the team we have put together this season is not going to be bullied and a wee bit of flare and pace as well. TBH we rode our luck on Saturday at Dalry to get a draw but we're well worth the victory last night. Against a no bad Arthurlie team, despite what their own fans are saying. Anyway it's early days and there are still a lot of quality teams, like yourselves, we have to play, so am not going to make any rash predictions. The aim again this season is consolidating our championship status. [emoji6]
T

Well done mate , I thought you would be a goner this season but fair play to u great start 

Well done again today lads,another hard fought victory. Although we seemed to be hanging on at the end the game should have been put to bed long before that as we had plenty of chances in the second half.
Anyway onto next week and hopefully the injuries will have cleared up.
T

2 minutes ago, tombo said:

Well done again today lads,another hard fought victory. Although we seemed to be hanging on at the end the game should have been put to bed long before that as we had plenty of chances in the second half.
T

Another great 3 points for the Vics. Well done guys. 

2 minutes ago, tombo said:

T

Well done Tombo 

• 2 weeks later...

Meant to post this earlier; but unlucky on Saturday boys. I thought you should have had something from the game but wasn't meant to be. The wind didn't help but it was the same for both teams so can't complain, that's fitba for you. The defeat doesn't take away from the great start you guys have made so on to our next game tomorrow at Craigmark.
Mon the Toria[emoji4]

• 3 weeks later...

Unlucky today lads against the league leaders. A great team performance that if we take into next week will reap some reward. Hold your heads up as for all the pre match hype it took a goal from a simple corner kick to separate the teams.
Bring on the Candy next week..

Mon the Toria.

Thought that was an excellent performance today lads with several good chances towards the end for an equaliser which would have been well deserved on the effort put in.
Some rather unsavoury scenes at the end of the game that didn't leave the visitors in the best of light.
I expected a lot more football from Darvel based on the level of players and their league placing.
I'm sure they will finish top but I reckon they will have to improve to land any other trophies.
If Vics can maintain that level of performance over the season they should be fine.

1 hour ago, ski64 said:

Thought that was an excellent performance today lads with several good chances towards the end for an equaliser which would have been well deserved on the effort put in.
Some rather unsavoury scenes at the end of the game that didn't leave the visitors in the best of light.
I expected a lot more football from Darvel based on the level of players and their league placing.
I'm sure they will finish top but I reckon they will have to improve to land any other trophies.
If Vics can maintain that level of performance over the season they should be fine.

Based on our wasteful finishing in the first half, along with two stonewall penalties that only the ref knows why he didn’t give them and a poor 2nd half performance from ourselves, if you had got an equaliser then maybe it would have been deserved. Good bit of banter with the lads in the shed and look forward to the return game later in the season.