Irvine Victoria 2019-20

tombo

• 2 weeks later...
Was reported on an older thread that Peter Wood was signing back at the Vics however it appears he has signed on at Craigmark going by their Facebook page. Strange move given he is an Irvine boy. 
Disappointed to hear that if true but at least it's something to discuss . We have our first friendly on Saturday and we still don't know what shape of playing squad we have. We have lost 5 of our most consistent performers from last season and they haven't been replaced so I would have us down as relegation candidates before a ball is kicked in anger.
T

7 hours ago, tombo said:

Disappointed to hear that if true but at least it's something to discuss . We have our first friendly on Saturday and we still don't know what shape of playing squad we have. We have lost 5 of our most consistent performers from last season and they haven't been replaced so I would have us down as relegation candidates before a ball is kicked in anger.
T

Be interesting to know who has actually signed on for season ahead. ‘Ginge’ , Hamish and young boy Gabe all moving on along with Kevin Adam and Jamie Donnelly going to Dalry. 

Any news on your ground? Is it up for sale right enough? 
I'm hoping that since nothing more has been mentioned everything is ok
Nothing new to report , land is still up for sale.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 20:45, tombo said:

Unlucky today lads, great effort against higher league opposition. Felt 4-1 was harsh but we'll done to Troon who were worth their win, Just emoji6.png

I agree if the penalty hit the rigging it might have been a difference game the last 2 goals made it look easy it wisnae

Yes from a potential leveller to going two goals down not long after was harsh but we learn from it and move on. We did compete for long spells and didn't give up which was encouraging from our young players.
T
P.S. Ryan Stevenson was a class above for them, no doubt about it.

I agree if the penalty hit the rigging it might have been a difference game the last 2 goals made it look easy it wisnae

1 hour ago, tombo said:

Yes from a potential leveller to going two goals down not long after was harsh but we learn from it and move on. We did compete for long spells and didn't give up which was encouraging from our young players.
T
P.S. Ryan Stevenson was a class above for them, no doubt about it.

Thought Stevenson was very good also Dean Fulton and Dylan Pooler good Medda fans lol

Ref: the vics missed penalty. Have they stopped giving out red cards for a last man challenge /goal scoring opportunity? I thought it was only goalkeepers who were exempt from the double fund punishment.
T