West Region Fixtures Season 2019-20

Kennie

So I'm assuming the split in the Divisions is no longer required as there won't be any entry to the Pyramid at the end of next season it will be the season after that if it happens at all?
The split was a non-starter, I understand it was heavily rejected.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/06/2019 at 08:48, Kennie said:

Hi there all Junior Fans, I'm continually receiving calls and messages asking about the release of fixtures.

So just for clarity, the fixture list is ready and will be released to the clubs at the AGM of the West Region, which takes place on Wednesday 26th June.

They will then go live on the website following that meeting.
But, for those of you that are desperate for news, you should be able to work out the first 3 fixtures of the season in the Sectional League Cup.
Fixtures are moved on a day and reversed from what they were last season.
So, Game 2 is now Game 1, Game 3 is now Game 2 and Game 1 is now Game 3.

If you were at home in any of the games you will now be away in the corresponding fixture and vice-versa for any away games.
Kennie Young
Fixture Secretary (WRSJFA)

Am I right in thinking that the draw for the knockout stages of the Sectional Cup is the same as last season, but with home advantage reversed?

1 hour ago, archieb said:

How moved on a day?

Last season they were on 15th, 20th & 29th August; this season 12th, 14th & 28th????

Sorry Archieb, I misread your post. I thought it was the 3 group games you were on about.

But you are right the knock-out stages are reversed for home advantage.

26 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Any idea when these will be on the website? I've got family over from the States the first two weekends and hoping to get them to a game or 2, would be handy to be able to plan a wee bit!

Sectional League Cup group fixtures and all League fixtures until the end of the year are already up here:

http://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/sjfa/competition_fixtures.cfm?page=1761

Just make sure you adjust the "to" date at the top.

Monday 5th August is reserved for "catch-up" fixtures in case of postponements and the knockout stages are on 12th, 14th & 28th August.

If it's just Vale of Leven's fixtures you're interested in, they're listed here:

http://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/sjfa/competition_clubs.cfm?page=1886

Edited by archieb

Sectional League Cup group fixtures and all League fixtures until the end of the year are already up here:
http://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/sjfa/competition_fixtures.cfm?page=1761
Just make sure you adjust the "to" date at the top.
Monday 5th August is reserved for "catch-up" fixtures in case of postponements and the knockout stages are on 12th, 14th & 28th August.
If it's just Vale of Leven's fixtures you're interested in, they're listed here:
http://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/sjfa/competition_clubs.cfm?page=1886
Cheers. I totally forgot to adjust the "to" date. Couple months of not using the site and I forgot how it worked haha!

Listing shows a few apparently giving up home advantage :

Group 13, Sat 27 July, Bellshill v Royal Albert, but at Tilework Park (so Royal Albert get three homes).

Group 14, Sat 27 July, EK Thistle v Larkhall, but at Gasworks Park (so Larkhall get three homes).

Group 16, both Carluke's home ties switched : Mon 29 July, Carluke v Lesmahagow, but at Craighead Park; Wed 31 July, Carluke v Newmains, but at Victoria Park (so the others in their group each get 2 homes, 1 away).

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 18:57, archieb said:

So only two days to prepare for the quarter final?

14 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

So only two days to prepare for the quarter final?

True but, as the full draw is known in advance, it's not too difficult to have contingency plans in place

Edited by archieb

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry Archieb, I misread your post. I thought it was the 3 group games you were on about.

Is that for all the ko stages Kennie that it's just a reversal of last year?

18 hours ago, peasy23 said:
On 29/06/2019 at 23:00, Kennie said:

Is that for all the ko stages Kennie that it's just a reversal of last year?

Kennie has already confirmed that the draw for the k.o. stages is the same as last year, but with home advantage switched.

What makes you doubt that is the case?

Kennie has already confirmed that the draw for the k.o. stages is the same as last year, but with home advantage switched.
What makes you doubt that is the case?
Not doubting it, just confirming it was for all the ko rounds and not just the last 16.