Instrumentals

pozbaird

50 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Yes, a great show, especially in smaller venues.

I seen them in King Tuts, the ABC, The Arches years ago, there was a guy in a 10ft bear outfit. They kind of lost their way a bit with a couple of their later albums. 

I keep old ticket stubs, how sad I am :wacko:

20201116_145441.thumb.jpg.35b34afee2049de4ad1f6b5e3dad28d8.jpg

I keep tickets stubs too. I was looking through them a few weeks ago and I got pretty depressed thinking shite, was that really 17 years ago?

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

Yes, a great show, especially in smaller venues.

I seen them in King Tuts, the ABC, The Arches years ago, there was a guy in a 10ft bear outfit. They kind of lost their way a bit with a couple of their later albums. 

I keep old ticket stubs, how sad I am :wacko:

20201116_145441.thumb.jpg.35b34afee2049de4ad1f6b5e3dad28d8.jpg

Yeah they seem better suited to smaller venues even though they have quite a big sound. 

I saw the bear and they had a wind up air raid siren. 

Agree about their later output, Do you like rock music? remains one of my favourite albums. 

I threw out loads of old tickets a while back including The Wedding Present from 1987 or 88 at Barrowlands... The support were the inspiral carpets, i recall booing a roadie that appeared on stage as he was pretty much a clone of Clint Boon... Same haircut etc, that roadie was a certain Noel Gallagher. 

Christ i miss gigs. 

1 hour ago, stevieKTID said:

Yeah they seem better suited to smaller venues even though they have quite a big sound. 

I saw the bear and they had a wind up air raid siren. 

Agree about their later output, Do you like rock music? remains one of my favourite albums. 

I threw out loads of old tickets a while back including The Wedding Present from 1987 or 88 at Barrowlands... The support were the inspiral carpets, i recall booing a roadie that appeared on stage as he was pretty much a clone of Clint Boon... Same haircut etc, that roadie was a certain Noel Gallagher. 

Christ i miss gigs. 

Their first 3 albums are great, agree about 'Rock Music', it's top notch.

I have that LP signed by the band, they were flogging them for a tenner at a gig. I reckon they were spending too much on foliage, sirens, stuffed bears & weed and needed the income 😀

1 hour ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I keep tickets stubs too. I was looking through them a few weeks ago and I got pretty depressed thinking shite, was that really 17 years ago?

Time flies.

Quite enjoy looking through old tickets, halcyon days. 

I've still got a RunRig one from Loch Lomond early 90's 😀

32 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Their first 3 albums are great, agree about 'Rock Music', it's top notch.

I have that LP signed by the band, they were flogging them for a tenner at a gig. I reckon they were spending too much on foliage, sirens, stuffed bears & weed and needed the income 😀

It was all down hill for them after they appeared on Countryfile😁

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...