What if the Premiership clubs could only use players they developed?

Marshall

O’Donnell Findlay Ajer* Tierney

Forrest Mcgregor Henderson Mulgrew Mcgeady

Watt**

*Joined us when 17

** Joined us when 17 from a semi-professional club

-edited because I decided to pick only 10 players and somehow chose Dembele ahead of Forrest.

Edited by gannonball

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Marshall

O’Donnell Findlay Ajer* Tierney

Dembele Mcgregor Henderson Mulgrew Mcgeady

Watt

*Joined us when 17

I dont know why I genuinely thought it was partick who brought o'donnell through.

agreed Watt and Ajer would improve it massively but they played a good few games for Airdrie and Ajer played about 60 games for Start before joining - which is bloody impressive for a 17 year old !

Just now, steviemay17 said:

I dont know why I genuinely thought it was partick who brought o'donnell through.

agreed Watt and Ajer would improve it massively but they played a good few games for Airdrie and Ajer played about 60 games for Start before joining - which is bloody impressive for a 17 year old !

Aye I think including Ajer is a bit of a push, given how many games (didnt realise it was that many) he played and was at a professional club. Would chuck Mulgrew back to centre back and put in Mcgeough then. Given how many players we have produced we don't seem to produce any strikers of decent note. We have had plenty who scored for absolute fun in the youths then struggle to stay in professional football (Prunty, Nesbitt etc). Cillian Sheridan has had a nomadic but decent enough career, Craig Beattie we got over a million for somehow.

42 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Isn't McGeady another Queen's Park product rather than Celtic?

He moved to Celtic at 14.

Surprised to see a team with Middleton, Mckay, Wilson, Hutton:lol:, and Mcleod etc  in first place.  Also surprised that someone thinks Ross McCormack is a top class striker after his last season at Well. Also think some the Hearts team is over placed. Some truely awful and over hyped players in that squad.

Good strikers are at a premium in that list and really make the difference which is why I'd put Livi at the top. With Hibs and Motherwell there or there abouts. Griffiths and McNulty would run riot on just about any team in the division. St Mirren also struggle to produce stikers, I think we need to sacrifice one of our magnificent M midfielders (probably McAllister)and accept a shit lower division striker like john Baird if he qualifies or Orsi, or McShane if he's still playing, perhaps Ally Love. Can we claim Gallacher (shudders)

Edited by Insaintee

On 17/06/2019 at 10:40, steviemay17 said:

O'Donnell ended up at Celtic after Aberdeen released him.

I find some of this a bit hard to take.

I think you have to have played in the first team to be considered a product of that team.

For example, Celtic pumping Stephen O'Donnell out at 19 but he finds his feet at a Thistle.

GMS for Ross County? Nah.

Novikovas a hearts product? He'd played for FC Vilnius.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Faddy was a hearts youth product iirc. A pal of mine used to play alongside him. 

according to wikipedia (which isn't gospel of course) he joined motherwell at a young age, even still I don't think i have ever heard of him reffered to as a hearts youngster?

GMS at ross county is a mile out as well imo.

Amazing amount of midfield talent has come through at St Mirren over the last few years.

If Magennis can steer clear of injury I can see him having a great season.

Think this is the last year of his contract, we should be trying to extend it now.