Marmaris turkey

Tap in 94

Marmaris is a bit marmite tbh, some folk love it, some hate it. I've stayed in both marmaris and icmeler before, marmaris is a bit chavy imo. So make sure you get a 5* to try and limit this. Never been in October but the weather does change near the end of September. The last time I was there and the next time, which is this summer, I've been staying in one of the Grand Yazicis, Turban or Palace. I like them, you're out of the town but within dolmus/water taxi/taxi distance.

• 1 month later...

was in marmaris last october decent weather. tam is right can be a bit chavy. go on a boat trip. quad biking is good as well. jeep safari is a good day out as well. the buses that run along the main strip are cheap as anything stops everywhere. turks can be a bit sleazy as well so watch if you have young kids. been a few times and enjoy the place. lots of entertainment at nights. only thing i don’t like is the grand bazaar. does your nut in but my girlfriend loves it for all the fake bags purses etc. remember and take english money with you as well. coach transfer from airport is a pain in the arse as well.

On 16/06/2019 at 11:20, Tap in 94 said:

Going to marmaris, Turkey in October for the 1st time. Anyone been recently, things to do and what's the weather like at that time of the year please. 

Went in October a few years ago, lovely during the day, nice and cool at night. Prices drop for the clobber dramatically, so buy what you need at the end of your holiday. Kings tombs, mud bath, turtle beach a good day out 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Which currency is best to use in marmaris atm? Best to take turkish lira, sterling or euros? Or is it best to exchange money when there? Thanks 

i always take around £100 worth of lira and english money. change in lots of places in marmaris and hotel. obviously don’t buy your lira from airport. you will love marmaris

On 28/09/2019 at 08:52, Tap in 94 said:

Which currency is best to use in marmaris atm? Best to take turkish lira, sterling or euros? Or is it best to exchange money when there? Thanks 

It goes up and down all the time. I'd say if it's above 7.1 lira in the uk at any point just buy it. Over the last couple of weeks it has been between 6.02 and 7.2 in Marmaris. 

What hotel you staying in? We had turtles swimming with us every morning when snorkeling.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It goes up and down all the time. I'd say if it's above 7.1 lira in the uk at any point just buy it. Over the last couple of weeks it has been between 6.02 and 7.2 in Marmaris. 

What hotel you staying in? We had turtles swimming with us every morning when snorkeling.

Staying at the Green Nature resort, flying out Tuesday 8th October for 10 nights 

Staying at the Green Nature resort, flying out Tuesday 8th October for 10 nights 

stayed here last october. not bad hotel. all inclusive wasn’t worth it imo. location of hotel is good. walk down a small hill then your on the main road. jump on the dolmus bus cheap as chips and regular as clockwork. beach is about 5 min walk. few good pubs around where you are staying. do the jeep safari a really good day out. quad biking is good as well. talk of the town is a good pub and entertainment on all the time. blackpool bar not far as well is also decent. enjoy [emoji6]

That's an ok hotel I think, right up the back of Marmaris.  The green nature diamond looks decent it's down by the beach, not sure if it's the same owners or if you can use their facilities? Marmaris is what it is though, pretty shabby imo. I much prefer Içmeler. If you like seeing what's in the water get yourself swimming up by club Turban, from there to about icon beach is where there are loads of green and loggerhead turtles. Definitely try Memed Ocakbaşı, best turkish restaurant by far in Marmaris. Beyti kebab(it's the one on the heart shaped serving board in the pictures)and Katmer dessert, which is a hot pastry with sweet pistachio puree inside, served with 2 balls of ice cream, my favourites. Also don't have lunch before hand, they serve you loads of free meze. There are loads of sales on just now so if you're haggling start really really low, they're practically giving it away.

yep agree with tam. october is winding down so you get good deals on all the fake stuff. it’s a bit like benidorm but you will love it

• 2 weeks later...

In  marmaris weather is hot, I visited last year and really its was damn hot weather, just bring with you summer clothes, there weather will change after November, so I suggest you to buy light clothes you can check on mixxmix coupons, I also buy my dresses and there price are too reasonable. I hope you will find there best one. 

On 14/10/2019 at 12:30, Squirrelhumper said:

Been once, shitehole, doubt I'd ever go back.

It is. I've said I'd never go back since the first time I went which was about 20 years ago. Chavy as f**k and the general state of the streets isn't the best. Saying that I've found a couple of hotels I like, which aren't actually in marmaris but just outside, and the general aesthetics of the bay are very decent to relax and have a beer in.

Anyone looking for a great relaxing holiday, marine suites at Club Turban I'd highly recommend.