Stephen Brown referee...well former referee

Town Crier

11 hours ago, buffy1899 said:

Good point ,always found Callum Scott 2 b the worst.

100%.  When I've seen Stephen being 'arrogant' he's only ever gave as good as he's got from the players, and rightfully so.  The likes of Cullum Scott tries and talk to players as if they are his kids, pointing fingers in their faces etc - quickly loosing control of the game in spells...

I don't want to just make this about Callum, he's one of a few.

12 hours ago, GG said:

So if you’ve seen them tell us what was said

I still haven't claimed to have seen anything. Why does that matter though? He has admitted to and apologised for making comments of a sectarian and homophobic nature. Do you feel that it acceptable for people to behave in that way?

Oh well we’ve found out your real agenda now you don’t like Protestant referees 🤡🤡🤡🤡 🤡 so who’s the bigot now shame on you sir
What an embarrassing comment since I'm eh... protestant myself .

Oh dear when you think the scum on here could not sink any lower then they out do themselves

No but that’s not how the thread started it never mentioned homophobia or sectarian abuse which ain’t acceptable in any walk of life deserves to be sacked for that deffo but I don’t agree he did a bad job as a referee or he wouldn’t have been considered for a promotion that’s what my point was whether we have good refs or bad refs we can’t play football without them
Plenty of examples of him ATTEMPTING to abuse his powers which make him a bad ref. Also promoted refs aren't the best refs either

20 minutes ago, GG said:

Aye we’re all scum including yourself I only asked what the guy did to get sacked if you didn’t know you should have kept scrolling by but no you stuck your beak in

You were the one bringing up people hate him because he is protestant. Literally nobody on this thread made any comment about his religion...

A wee word of caution to GG and Hertha - dont try and have a reasoned argument with Griffiti on the Wall , particularly where sectarian comments / bigotry is concerned as you will find he is always right and will paint people with the bigotry / sectarian thing even when he has no proof - been there and had the treatment from him when he stated he had evidence of bigotry against a St’s player in a game at Cumnock , but, even though he couldn’t or wouldn’t produce his “evidence” , he continued to accuse me of saying stuff that was not true

A loathsome individual

A wee word of caution to GG and Hertha - dont try and have a reasoned argument with Griffiti on the Wall , particularly where sectarian comments / bigotry is concerned as you will find he is always right and will paint people with the bigotry / sectarian thing even when he has no proof - been there and had the treatment from him when he stated he had evidence of bigotry against a St’s player in a game at Cumnock , but, even though he couldn’t or wouldn’t produce his “evidence” , he continued to accuse me of saying stuff that was not true

A loathsome individual
See rather than make up lies just ask Tam Hanlon about said individual at Cumnock pre season game and he will tell ye all about the abuse he received from that idiot .
You can continue the to deny the facts but I know what I saw and heard as I stood just along from you so you can try and smear me all you like but we both know the truth and I'm happy with that and another thing easy to give players that kind of abuse from the terrace but your a coward and that's what cowards do

It's the usual on here rather than discuss the situation certain folk resort to type and try to spread lies about others to somehow justify there argument and position but that's simply cos they don't have the intelligence or skills to debate there point tho to try and defend someone who has apologised and resigned due to posts they admitted sending suggests to me those type of folk probably find that type of behaviour acceptable .

See rather than make up lies just ask Tam Hanlon about said individual at Cumnock pre season game and he will tell ye all about the abuse he received from that idiot .
You can continue the to deny the facts but I know what I saw and heard as I stood just along from you so you can try and smear me all you like but we both know the truth and I'm happy with that and another thing easy to give players that kind of abuse from the terrace but your a coward and that's what cowards do

For the avoidance of any doubt,
1) I have another witness who can verify I didn’t say what you insinuated
2) I had a soundtrack on the video of the match which would have recorded anything I or anybody close by had said, which was offered to you to prove nothing was said . This was possible as I was standing beside the guy who videoed the game - did you accept the offer of the video soundtrack - No - your reply was I don’t need to listen to it - I know what I heard
3) ask Tam Hanlon what was said - do you mean by “me” or by him - as previously stated on here - when I shouted to the ref about him stealing yards at a throw in - “haw ref, is this a sponsored walk “ - your wee wounded soldier Mr Hanlon turned around and said , and I quote “ well it’s not be a F**ing orange walk anyway - ye orange ba***rd”
4) you were standing just along from me - you were actually standing more than twice / three times the distance from me than I was from the video camera , but, you heard every word I said when the video never picked up anything- quite possible if your ears are as big as your mouth.

This has been all because someone said something which offended you and your wee wounded soldier at full back - I can’t if anything happened as unlike you I can only comment on my actions and what I heard and I will repeat again - if you heard something being said - I can guarantee it wasn’t me that said it
So once and for all - give it a f**kin rest

One further point , whenever there are any posts that start to have a bigoted or sectarian undercurrent in them- surprise, surprise - you are always in the middle of it

So who is the bigoted sectarian moron

Try oan the hat , think it fits you

For the avoidance of any doubt,
1) I have another witness who can verify I didn’t say what you insinuated
2) I had a soundtrack on the video of the match which would have recorded anything I or anybody close by had said, which was offered to you to prove nothing was said . This was possible as I was standing beside the guy who videoed the game - did you accept the offer of the video soundtrack - No - your reply was I don’t need to listen to it - I know what I heard
3) ask Tam Hanlon what was said - do you mean by “me” or by him - as previously stated on here - when I shouted to the ref about him stealing yards at a throw in - “haw ref, is this a sponsored walk “ - your wee wounded soldier Mr Hanlon turned around and said , and I quote “ well it’s not be a F**ing orange walk anyway - ye orange ba***rd”
4) you were standing just along from me - you were actually standing more than twice / three times the distance from me than I was from the video camera , but, you heard every word I said when the video never picked up anything- quite possible if your ears are as big as your mouth.

This has been all because someone said something which offended you and your wee wounded soldier at full back - I can’t if anything happened as unlike you I can only comment on my actions and what I heard and I will repeat again - if you heard something being said - I can guarantee it wasn’t me that said it
So once and for all - give it a f**kin rest

One further point , whenever there are any posts that start to have a bigoted or sectarian undercurrent in them- surprise, surprise - you are always in the middle of it

So who is the bigoted sectarian moron

Try oan the hat , think it fits you

Strange that considering I have not once mentioned religion yet in this post but keep digging yourself that hole ye can crawl back into .
I'm not gonna revisit something that happened two years ago but we both know the truth and maybe one day you will be man enough to own your actions of that day.

I think you need to revisit your opinion of that day
You say you know what you heard- fair enough, I can’t say you didn’t hear something - but, as I have said from day one, what you may or may not have heard, definitely didn’t come from me FACT

Just crawl back under your stone and stop trying to play the victim card for Mr Hanlon- he was the only bigot I heard that day and I may be many things, god knows people who know me would verify I’m no saint at games, but, have never made a bigoted comment against anybody in my life and your continued attempt to discredit somebody despite evidence to the contrary is sad and very dangerous, which kinda sums you up

I’m pretty confident he has sent Kenny for an early bath. That said, he should not have been promoted give the grounds on which Hugh Dallas was fired. No one likes a referee who gets too involved in the game. I thought the best ref about was the boy who got the Scottish Cup Final.

The best ref in the juniors is mortys pal is it dickinson or something? Think the guys Renfrew based, big fair haired guy looks  like something out of bros, he speaks to the players and uses common sense, him and the ' late' Stephen brown were my favourite refs................ 

On 17/06/2019 at 19:57, buffy1899 said:

Good point ,always found Callum Scott 2 b the worst.

I think sometimes we overlook the obvious, Callum is arrogant, no denying it but he wasn't always and now he's a cat1 referee, maybe it's the system and not the person that needs to change.

On the point of refereeing being a hobby, look at what the refs do as a 9-5 , to use Callum as an example he protects children from the dregs if society so maybe that plays a part in his demeanor.

I'm not being on anyone's side but there's always a bigger picture, it's easier to see if you don't have an alliance to any club in particular... 

I think sometimes we overlook the obvious, Callum is arrogant, no denying it but he wasn't always and now he's a cat1 referee, maybe it's the system and not the person that needs to change.
On the point of refereeing being a hobby, look at what the refs do as a 9-5 , to use Callum as an example he protects children from the dregs if society so maybe that plays a part in his demeanor.
I'm not being on anyone's side but there's always a bigger picture, it's easier to see if you don't have an alliance to any club in particular... 

Seems the system is wrong then.If your an arrogant Referee ,who loses control of games,is card happy and cant speak 2 players as equals u get promoted.Always found playing the games,the best refs could deal and diffuse incidents with speaking 2 u and even a bit of humour.