Stephen Brown referee...well former referee

Town Crier

3 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

Trust me I've saw him giving his family member a good few verbal roastings and maybe even more so than to any other player. 

Brown is /was old school and I liked hearing him giving pelters back, if people can dish it out then they should be okay to take a wee bit back. 

The juniors is a poorer place for me without brown...............

Its ok giving some back in a light hearted way ,but he didn't,seen countless times him having slanging matches with coaching staff where all that's needed is taken to the side and dealt with,not for the crowd to hear and see ...something he seemed to enjoy and get pleasure from.

His treatment of Scott Anson mentioned above was the same when he was in a shettleston jersey,sent off at petershill for nothing on two separate occasions ....one a handball in the middle of the park ,ball struck arm after a collision...not spoken too straight red...

poorer place ....:unsure:

Trust me I've saw him giving his family member a good few verbal roastings and maybe even more so than to any other player. 

Brown is /was old school and I liked hearing him giving pelters back, if people can dish it out then they should be okay to take a wee bit back. 
Thing is he gave it out and couldn't take it back!!! Using his cards when he took the nip. The funny thing I found out later after appeals speaking to different guys in same position he always had a pre fixed statement on sending offs

So he gives bad decisions oh dear sack him [emoji23] watch any league in the world referees all make bad decisions it’s a pain when it’s against your team but not if it’s in favour it’s a fact of life

Never got sacked for bad decisions. He abused Neil Lennon on social media . Is that okay ?

A bit arrogant and cheeky at times yes, but overall a decent referee when I've seen him.   Is he any more arrogant than the likes of Callum Scott - most likely he isn't.  Could the SJFA have spoke with Stephen and give him a chance to sort it?  Or did they try this already I don't know...

Overall - IMO the Juniors are worse off in terms of officials for this.

Stephen Brown was to move up from the Juniors to the Seniors this Summer with the West of Scotland Final being his last game - the move up probably being the reason that his previous social media comments were revisited.

Not that it makes it right but we've all done things we aren't proud of and it had been dealt with previously so it's strange that it was looked into again.

1 hour ago, SaturdaySammy said:

A bit arrogant and cheeky at times yes, but overall a decent referee when I've seen him.   Is he any more arrogant than the likes of Callum Scott - most likely he isn't.  Could the SJFA have spoke with Stephen and give him a chance to sort it?  Or did they try this already I don't know...

SJFA cannot speak to him in any meaningfull way, The referees are totally independant and operate their own system of monitoring performance by way of sending observors to games. They are usually easily identifiable and most are open to listening to your comments which may or may not be communicated back to the refs in question.

Edited by garrellburn

5 hours ago, GG said:

Ps not many football fans in Scotland like Mr Lennon

Irrelevant. Not many in Scotland are potentially going to be able to have significant influence in games that involve Lennon.

2 hours ago, GG said:

Wouldn’t know .take it you have ? I’m not interested in his politics or who he supports I’m interested in him being a good referee

His politics and who he supports are very relevant if they prevent him from reffing games in a fair and impartial way. If the stuff that was reported to have been said is correct, then he absolutely deserves what has happened, if only for the stupidity involved in publishing his thoughts on social media. Would be interesting to hear the Ayrshire Refs Association's justification for not binning him at the time.

Edited by Ross.

His politics and who he supports are very relevant if they prevent him from reffing games in a fair and impartial way. If the stuff that was reported to have been said is correct, then he absolutely deserves what has happened, if only for the stupidity involved in publishing his thoughts on social media. Would be interesting to hear the Ayrshire Refs Association's justification for not binning him at the time.
Pretty sure he's not an Ayrshire ref.

51 minutes ago, energyzone said:
4 hours ago, Ross. said:

Pretty sure he's not an Ayrshire ref.

Which association did he come under? I had assumed Ayrshire due to the link with the boy who played for Beith.

3 hours ago, GG said:

Well tell us what he said your obviously privi to the association discussions by the sounds of it he didn’t like any team if you read on here

Not privi to anything which is why I said it would be interesting to hear their side of it. Most jobs in Scotland, and probably the developed world, would have you out the door pronto if you were openly sharing sectarian and homophobic views on a public platform.

Good point ,always found Callum Scott 2 b the worst.

So if you’ve seen them tell us what was said
You seem desperate to prove this to be false but given the person involved has given a full apology for his social media posts relating to sectarian and homophobic comments it begs the question
" What is your agenda here and why you trying to disprove something which the person involved in has apologised "
And you know fine well the social media by the person involved were deleted but had been saw by both the footballing authorities and the SMG so let's stop the pish and tell us your agenda

On 16/06/2019 at 20:34, ThemightyHERTHA said:

Couldn't agree more.

4 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

You seem desperate to prove this to be false but given the person involved has given a full apology for his social media posts relating to sectarian and homophobic comments it begs the question
" What is your agenda here and why you trying to disprove something which the person involved in has apologised "
And you know fine well the social media by the person involved were deleted but had been saw by both the footballing authorities and the SMG so let's stop the pish and tell us your agenda

You really are a sad individual, desperate to be offended and showing  your real team again. 

Why as a so-called St rochs fan are you so flustered with non junior politics and views?? 

Edited by ThemightyHERTHA

You really are a sad individual, desperate to be offended and showing  your real team again. 

Why as a so-called St rochs fan are you so flustered with non junior politics and views?? 
Aye very good ya clown .
There is a whole thread on this subject but like the coward you are you only mention my comment but that's no surprise cos since I exposed you for being a p***k you seen desperate to make hay on everything I say on here in a pathetic attempt to be relevant.