Stephen Brown referee...well former referee

Town Crier

1 hour ago, ex-german exile said:

Can't say that I am disappointed to see the back of him. Arrogant, ignorant man IMO.

Suspect he won't be missed down Kilwinning way either emoji36.png

41 minutes ago, GG said:

The guy was doing the job as a hobby if we didn’t have Refs we wouldn’t have a game they’re is good and bad ones just like any profession

Couldn’t agree more about his arrogance. Which unquestionably led to his universal dislike. 

The doing it as a hobby and wouldn’t have any games if we had no refs is utter bollocks. 

Good riddance, arrogant sod. 

1 minute ago, GG said:

Really how can you have a game without a referee????

It’s a simple concept, like with any line of work; the unfavored and lesser make way for fresh faces. 

You make out as if we face an existential crisis of referees with the “no ref no game”.

41 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Just because football can't function without them doesn't mean that we should accept behaviour from referees that we wouldn't tolerate from others.

I couldn't agree more. The guy was totally inept at his job. Some of the decisions he gave against Arthurlie had to be seen to be believed. 

I'm sure lots of clubs and players will be delighted with his departure. 

I couldn't agree more. The guy was totally inept at his job. Some of the decisions he gave against Arthurlie had to be seen to be believed. 
I'm sure lots of clubs and players will be delighted with his departure. 

[emoji817] mate . Horrible decisions against Arthurlie n was a smug c**t whilst doing it.

4 minutes ago, GG said:

So he gives bad decisions oh dear sack him emoji23.png watch any league in the world referees all make bad decisions it’s a pain when it’s against your team but not if it’s in favour it’s a fact of life

What about the sectarian and anti-gay comments.

Is that ok.

20 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

Just because football can't function without them doesn't mean that we should accept behaviour from referees that we wouldn't tolerate from others.

And is it correct that guys like Stephen brown should be subjected to getting slaughtered for 90 minutes? If you think so then you should take a long hard look at yourself. 

Aye is that your imagination or did you hear it yourself it’s bad decisions he was getting it inthe neck for not sectarianism or homophobia ffs and if that is the case did you report it to the police or sjfa ?

Hiya Stephen.

Personally I liked him until an incident with myself and one of my players where he wrongly sent us both off then wrote an outrageous report to try hammer us but luckily bonnyrigg recorded the match and the sjfa allowed video evidence to clear our names. I just didn't get why he did that very strange behaviour.

31 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Personally I liked him until an incident with myself and one of my players where he wrongly sent us both off then wrote an outrageous report to try hammer us but luckily bonnyrigg recorded the match and the sjfa allowed video evidence to clear our names. I just didn't get why he did that very strange behaviour.

Because he’s an arrogant sod, like the mean of posters have observed about him. 

And is it correct that guys like Stephen brown should be subjected to getting slaughtered for 90 minutes? If you think so then you should take a long hard look at yourself. 
No, it's not, but I made no comment to his performance as a referee, and have not suggested that he be slaughtered for 90 minutes.

Well I am not a fan but when managers , players and committee members act with sporting divinity Then you can have s go at Referees

I liked Stephen brown, if people dislike him because he gave a wee shout or two back to the neanderthals who think its okay to slaughter him for 90 minutes then it tells you more about them than Stephen brown. 

I wish there were more refs like him. 

I don’t know anything about any bigoted comments or anything similar, but, I saw him referee a few Cumnock games and he wasn’t shy about talking back to the players and he is really in a no win position there
One game in particular against Petershill when a Peasy player dived like a block of flats going down and he told him to get up or I’ll book you if you try that s***e again

However, I think that your liking for him is probably more to do with his family connection to one if your Beith players of the recent times !!!!!!??????

This became obvious a couple of seasons ago when Cumnock played at Beith and he sent off Scott Anson for fouling a Beith player after a Cumnock move broke down at the top goal and the ball was passed out to a Beith player, who was nudged over by Big Scott , obviously to slow the play down and Brown sent him off for what was nothing more than a booking as the Beith player was around 80yards away from our goal .
That was bad enough but he proceeded to sent off another Cumnock player who turned away from a soft free kick and muttered as he walked away and Brown sent him off for foul language, even though literally 30 seconds before a Beith player went right up to him and told him that an incident that just happened was a “f***ing foul”. Not even a talking to

The original homer !!!!

51 minutes ago, Bul2 said:

I don’t know anything about any bigoted comments or anything similar, but, I saw him referee a few Cumnock games and he wasn’t shy about talking back to the players and he is really in a no win position there
One game in particular against Petershill when a Peasy player dived like a block of flats going down and he told him to get up or I’ll book you if you try that s***e again

However, I think that your liking for him is probably more to do with his family connection to one if your Beith players of the recent times !!!!!!??????

This became obvious a couple of seasons ago when Cumnock played at Beith and he sent off Scott Anson for fouling a Beith player after a Cumnock move broke down at the top goal and the ball was passed out to a Beith player, who was nudged over by Big Scott , obviously to slow the play down and Brown sent him off for what was nothing more than a booking as the Beith player was around 80yards away from our goal .
That was bad enough but he proceeded to sent off another Cumnock player who turned away from a soft free kick and muttered as he walked away and Brown sent him off for foul language, even though literally 30 seconds before a Beith player went right up to him and told him that an incident that just happened was a “f***ing foul”. Not even a talking to

The original homer !!!!

Trust me I've saw him giving his family member a good few verbal roastings and maybe even more so than to any other player. 

Brown is /was old school and I liked hearing him giving pelters back, if people can dish it out then they should be okay to take a wee bit back. 

The juniors is a poorer place for me without brown...............

Trust me I've saw him giving his family member a good few verbal roastings and maybe even more so than to any other player. 

Brown is /was old school and I liked hearing him giving pelters back, if people can dish it out then they should be okay to take a wee bit back. 
The juniors is a poorer place for me without brown...............
Which Beith player was he related to?