Alex Jack Cup 2019-20

3 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

There’s certainly more chance of it happening than for Dalkeith :D

Wouldn't mind some of what he’s on though :lol:

I can’t see past a Tranent vs Musselburgh final but each to their own, the gear must be really good around Paties Road 👌😂

• 2 weeks later...

Second Round
Kinnoull 1-0 Leith Athletic

Quarter finals
Edinburgh United 4-0 Sauchie Juniors
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 1-4 Musselburgh Ahtletic
Tranent Juniors 1-2 Dunbar United

Semi finals: Scheduled for Oct 19th
Musselburgh Athletic v. Edinburgh United

Kinnoull or Oakley United v. Dunbar United

Dunbar with the upset knocking out Premier Division leaders Tranent. Tranent will hopefully have a license to look forward to in the new year to soften the blow, but never nice to miss out on the chance of silverware.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Semi finals Pot: Scheduled for Oct 19th

Edinburgh United
Dunbar United
Kinnoull or Oakley United
Musselburgh Athletic

Semis already drawn, Musselburgh v Edinburgh United, Dunbar away in the other semi. Thinking it will be a East Lothian derby in the final.

19 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Cheers! Any idea when Kinnoull v. Oakley will get played?

Same time as the other semi-final I assume, 19th October. I guess if Dunbar don't get through their SCC third round tie against Broxburn they could play the other semi on 9th November to keep the final on the 24th.

In the South, it looks like an Abbey Vale v Mid-Annandale final (4th v 9th in the table). Funnily enough both Dunbar (1-0 aet) and Musselburgh (5-0) beat each team in SCC R2 so both will fancy their chances of getting to the Scottish Cup.

Edited by Ginaro

5 minutes ago, Spyro said:

I literally thought about this about half an hour ago!

Looking for some tomato sauce for this hat 🎩 🙈😂

Ha ha fair play Spyro. United were outstanding today. Dealt with everything Sauchie threw at them early on and deserved the half time lead. 

Sauchie pushed for an equaliser but United exploited the space got the 2nd and added 2 more late on. 

Even tougher one next up away to Musselburgh but great to be in the semis :)

1 minute ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Ha ha fair play Spyro. United were outstanding today. Dealt with everything Sauchie threw at them early on and deserved the half time lead. 

Sauchie pushed for an equaliser but United exploited the space got the 2nd and added 2 more late on. 

Even tougher one next up away to Musselburgh but great to be in the semis :)

Good luck, always had a softy for United... played at Paties Road once upon a time, really liked the place and have always kept an eye out for them ever since.

It vos only meant to be banter :shutup😂

If the winner of the Alex Jack ends up getting licensed & wins match against the Alba Cup winner can the scottish cup place be awarded to the alba cup team? It's possible this may occur over next few seasons with the number of clubs going down the licensing route.

45 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

If the winner of the Alex Jack ends up getting licensed & wins match against the Alba Cup winner can the scottish cup place be awarded to the alba cup team? It's possible this may occur over next few seasons with the number of clubs going down the licensing route.

Doubt it. None of the other qualifying routes get moved onto a runners up if the winners had already qualified.

Slot doesn't transfer - it's just like the other qualifying routes. It was won by LTHV in 2016-17 who also won EOSL.

Its format already makes it more 'generous' than the other qualifying routes, given no-one already eligible for the Scottish Cup participate, nor can the same side win it again the following season.

Abbey Vale 5-3 Bonnyton Thistle
Mid Annandale 2-1 Lochmaben

Final:

Abbey Vale v Mid Annandale

Edited by HibeeJibee

5 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Well done to the fixture secretary getting that to fit

I take my hat off to the fixture secretary for the whole season. He does a phenomenal job, especially when it gets to the end of the season and there’s league fixture backlogs to fit around cup games - it’s something I couldn’t do.

17 hours ago, Ormi said:

I take my hat off to the fixture secretary for the whole season. He does a phenomenal job, especially when it gets to the end of the season and there’s league fixture backlogs to fit around cup games - it’s something I couldn’t do.

What are you after ? 😀

He does do a very good job. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

Kinnoull 1-2 Oakley

Oakley march into SFs. Impressive!

Saturday 19th October
SF - Oakley Utd v Dunbar Utd
SF - Musselburgh Athletic v Edinburgh Utd

Great result for Oakley up there, and a home semifinal to look forward to... upset might be on