Alex Jack Cup 2019-20

Excellent performance again by Oakley away from home.Thought they were the better team throughout and was surprised when Kinnoull equalised.Took an og to win it,although Oakley were piling it on at that moment..Special shout out for the Kinnoull keepers' save in the 1st half.Wow!!

5 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

An East Lothian final, with the match played at the half way home of Haddington!

Thought that as well, but they might go for the lights of Pennypit Park unless they want kick off to be 13.30 or earlier.

4 hours ago, Baldie2k19 said:

Four days until Edinburgh are in the final....then just 90 mins away from my prediction coming to life.

Going on current form, it looks like it will be a belter. So refreshing to see they 4 names in a semifinal draw. I’ll be delighted for whoever wins, 3 great wee clubs... and Musselburgh :whistle

8 hours ago, Spyro said:

Going on current form, it looks like it will be a belter. So refreshing to see they 4 names in a semifinal draw. I’ll be delighted for whoever wins, 3 great wee clubs... and Musselburgh :whistle

Haha! Maybe change that to 4 wee clubs at the moment Spyro! Strange season so far for Burgh. Certainly more disappointments than positives. Hopefully a good result on Saturday can bring us a change of fortune! 

Edited by Casey Jones

Fantastic win for Oakley.Missed the Dunbar goal due to havering in the pie queue but by all (Oakley support) accounts it was offside.Pretty even first half but Oakley deservedly won in the end,the second goal was a peach and if it wasn't for a few superb saves from the Dunbar keeper it could've been more.Thought there might've been a few more in attendance given the amount of games that were off in Fife.Well done to both sets of players for putting on a good show despite the poor underfoot conditions.

Musselburgh Athletic 3-2 Edinburgh United
Oakley United 2-1 Dunbar United

Cracking cup-tie at Olivebank. Fair day with pleasant breeze and the sun bursting through first half and pitch held-up very well. Decent crowd including fair smattering of neutrals looking for a game. They chose well.

Musselburgh put a lot of pressure on early-doors, but then the visitors took hold of the game and should have put the tie out of sight. As well as scoring a penalty than blasting in a second ball after a scramble for 0-2 they missed several other great chances, with the Musselburgh 'keeper called on more than once. Hosts got themselves back into it when a long-ranger from the right flummoxed United's stopper.

Second half was dominated by Musselburgh although as it wore on at 1-2 their concern grew. They levelled by a header after a good ball from the left, then took the lead with a fine volley although some confusion in defence allowed the uncleared ball to get there in the first place. United did have chances on the breakaway and from set-pieces but will rue this opportunity.

So onward to the Final on Sunday 24th November. Musselburgh and Oakley - surprise package - find themselves 1 game away from shot at the Scottish Cup: who would have thought it?

Just now, HibeeJibee said:

Musselburgh Athletic 3-2 Edinburgh United
Oakley United 2-1 Dunbar United

Cracking cup-tie at Olivebank. Fair day with pleasant breeze and the sun bursting through first half and pitch held-up very well. Decent crowd including fair smattering of neutrals looking for a game. They chose well.

Musselburgh put a lot of pressure on early-doors, but then the visitors took hold of the game and should have put the tie out of sight. As well as scoring a penalty than blasting in a second ball after a scramble for 0-2 they missed several other great chances, with the Musselburgh 'keeper called on more than once. Hosts got themselves back into it when a long-ranger from the right flummoxed United's stopper.

Second half was dominated by Musselburgh although as it wore on at 1-2 their concern grew. They levelled by a header after a good ball from the left, then took the lead with a fine volley although some confusion in defence allowed the uncleared ball to get there in the first place. United did have chances on the breakaway and from set-pieces but will rue this opportunity.

So onward to the Final on Sunday 24th November. Musselburgh and Oakley - surprise package - find themselves 1 game away from shot at the Scottish Cup: who would have thought it?

Who is in Alba cup final and when is that

Incidentally the Final of the corresponding Southern Alternate 'Alba' Cup... Abbey Vale v Mid Annandale... is not being played this weekend but in Annan on Friday 15th November.

I heard the South & East of Scotland Cup-Winners' Shield will be played on Sunday 26th January at a venue in the Lothians area.

33 minutes ago, Baldie2k19 said:

Not so good, to be fair you guys may just have deserved it after your second half performance.

Agree on the 2nd half performance, but if our keeper hadn’t made that wonder save in 1st half, when I think you were still 2-0 up, it might have been so much different! Not much in it overall! 

Good wee game today, Musselburgh man and I reckon we thoroughly deserved it but I'd have been disappointed leaving the game as an Edinburgh United fan.  On to the final where I'd imagine Oakley fancy themselves as well, should be a good one,