Lowland League football, what is the future?

Pyramidic

1 minute ago, stulch said:
12 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
I don't think you need to, you just alter relegation to lower levels to suit as and when neccesary  ie if more teams come down than go up to LL.  That's what the LL do, which WW found to their cost.

When you do that with more levels of the pyramid though and it filtering down I think it's more of a problem. A supporter watching their team trying to work out if they're going to be relegated during the final game, well, it'll be like an episode of Countdown...

Yeah it's definitely better to know whether you're going to get relegated or not based on your own performance and not whether you've been unlucky or not with results in leagues you're not even in. It also allows more flexibility for relegation and playoff spots between the eos and the leagues below it. You could have 4 down with champions + playoff winners up. Whereas the possibility of 5/16 going down wouldn't be acceptable. 

When you do that with more levels of the pyramid though and it filtering down I think it's more of a problem. A supporter watching their team trying to work out if they're going to be relegated during the final game, well, it'll be like an episode of Countdown...
A tad better than telling a club to sling their hook, you're now in a completely different league with a lot more travel because its not your area. Not sure too many EoS or LL members would want to end up in the WRJFA [emoji23]

5 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

Surely something needs to be done about the Highland League.

No relegation from it.

Potentially two teams can be relagated from the L.L.

I would agree, but the fact that teams such as Fort William who regularly get whipped 10-0 etc. would suggest that there is no quality sides who are seeking to replace them. IMO the bigger issue is the fact teams such as Brora aren't fully committed to the Pyramid System, and really want to stay in their current place despite undoubtedly having the talent and resources to make a good go at League 2.

Well, let's take my example Kettering Town in Northamptonshire, just south of me. I'm probably just about on the dividing line in England. If they'd stayed at the same level they would have been told to sling their hook every year! North, South, North, South...

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

A tad better than telling a club to sling their hook, you're now in a completely different league with a lot more travel because its not your area. Not sure too many EoS or LL members would want to end up in the WRJFA emoji23.png

The balancing act is something that can be done if it's LL2 West and LL2 East. They still stay within the same structure and cups that the Lowland League would have.

It's not really something that independent WoSFL and EoSFL can do though. Instead it'd be better for the EoSFL to run with any surplus and balance with extra relegation the following season.

Well, let's take my example Kettering Town in Northamptonshire, just south of me. I'm probably just about on the dividing line in England. If they'd stayed at the same level they would have been told to sling their hook every year! North, South, North, South...
You cant compare this to Scotland. Everyone stays in their own area and extra promotion/relegation spots are enacted when neccesary. Exactly as will operate in the LL and the EoS Premier next year where the number of relegation spots is not set in concrete.

You cant compare this to Scotland. Everyone stays in their own area and extra promotion/relegation spots are enacted when neccesary. Exactly as will operate in the LL and the EoS Premier next year where the number of relegation spots is not set in concrete.
Well, I think you can to a degree, but that's just my opinion, and if you've got a different opinion then fair enough...

It would actually be good in a way if that became a problem as Scotland would have a deep and functioning pyramid! [emoji6][emoji23] As we all know a long, long way to go there although good progress has been made.

1 minute ago, stulch said:

Well, I think you can to a degree, but that's just my opinion, and if you've got a different opinion then fair enough...

I can almost see it working IF

The EoS league, who have proven to be very competent, ran the WoS league

AND

It was all under one set of regs and an integrated set of cup competitions

Then why couldn’t teams (for example) Harthill, Shotts, Fauldhouse, Whitburn, some Stirlingshire teams and East Dumbartonshire teams be either east or west to suit???

But it’s creating a problem that tbh isn’t really there 

AND
Then why couldn’t teams (for example) Harthill, Shotts, Fauldhouse, Whitburn, some Stirlingshire teams and East Dumbartonshire teams be either east or west to suit???
Your last sentence sums it up, its a problem that isn't there.

Oh yes, someone would have to overall control. I do think a LL west and LL east below the LL is the way to go by the way. Well, to move things on. EoS Premier becomes the LL east...

4 minutes ago, Spyro said:
AND

Your last sentence sums it up, its a problem that isn't there.

I think my “plan” needs dusted down again later to show how simple it really could be if folk just got a grip and pulled together