Perthshire Cup

5 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Clackmannanshire Cup, IMO, winner enters Stirlingshire Cup.

However you've also forgotten University of Stirling. Extricate yourself from that...

Bloody hell, anyone else? If you can find one more I can go to groups of 4,  invite Dumbarton back and all is forgiven! 

Edited by Christophe

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 22:38, invergowrie arab said:

Paul Sturrock played for Vale of Atholl. 

He did indeed, JK Sr played with him there - think Paul was 14 at the time, asked Sr what the tactics were and his response was "give the ball to Paul" as even then he was so much better than anyone in the Vale team and any team they were playing.

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 00:42, Christophe said:

Bloody hell, anyone else? If you can find one more I can go to groups of 4,  invite Dumbarton back and all is forgiven! 

Falkirk, Stenhousemuir, Stirling Albion, Alloa, Dumbarton
East Stirlingshire, University of Stirling
Camelon, Bo'ness, Dunipace, Sauchie

= 11.

BSC Glasgow share Alloa.

= 12.

Cumbernauld used to be in Stirlingshire/Dunbartonshire so you could add Clyde and Cumbernauld.

= 14.

• 10 months later...

As well as Vale of Atholl in Pitlochry, there also used to be the delightfully named Moulin City (not sure if they played in the village of Moulin, half a mile north of Pitlochry, or just took their name from it).

In terms of possible participants for a Perthshire Cup:

Luncarty have just gone senior, so that makes 4 (Saint Johnstone, Jeanfield Swifts, Kinnoull, Luncarty)

In the juniors, there's also Scone Thistle, Blairgowrie and Coupar Angus who might go senior depending on how Tayside fits into the pyramid in the near future.

I remember the likes of Dundee, Dundee United and St. Johnstone used to send an "XI" (mainly of youth and reserve players) to play Blairgowrie or Coupar Angus in pre-season friendlies.  I'd imagine St. Johnstone would do the same if they were to play a Perthshire Cup.