XR extinction rebellion

Assasinach

Today they blocked a road near our office in response to Uniper (I think) going ahead with a new fossil fuel burning facility. Silly morons didn't realize that there was a side road that totally bypasses their little protest, meaning absolutely no problems in traffic flow.

• 8 months later...

Seems they've decided to dump a pile of manure outside of BP's Aberdeen office this morning.

Aberdeen-based Extinction Rebellion activist, Yolanda Cowen said: "You wouldn’t trust a tobacco company to provide cancer care, so why are our political representatives allowing the least trustworthy company to muscle in on the most pressing issue of our time?"

"They are literally the last people who should be asked. Based on the evidence - their track record - BP will always put their profits before anything else. This has moved past greenwashing, this is gaslighting.”

11935869.jpg

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18807826.extinction-rebellion-dump-manure-outside-bp-offices/

Yeah, but they are not actively promoting or in anyway involved violence. So while they may be "extreme" which is debatable, they are not anyway close to being like violent neo Nazis or isis types, which is the point of prevent.
Advocating there should be no human beings.

That's not extreme?

16 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Some of the more loonier fringes of XR advocate eradicating human beings from the planet.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2020/jan/10/i-campaign-for-the-extinction-of-the-human-race-les-knight

Aye and that BLM want to enslave all the white folk as well!

20 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Some of the more loonier fringes of XR advocate eradicating human beings from the planet.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2020/jan/10/i-campaign-for-the-extinction-of-the-human-race-les-knight

There isn't a single cause on earth that exists without a lunatic fringe. Haven't you also repeatedly referred to the Greens (assuming you mean Greer, Harvie and Wightman etc) as "Malthusian nutters" as well?

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The Courier loves an opportunity to post a non-story that will get the gammons raging on their FB page.

13 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The vast majority of the environmental movement regard the population argument as ecofascism. David Attenborough was getting it tight for talking about population guff in his Netflix film. The guy in your link isn't even a lunatic fringe, he's a lunatic fringe on a lunatic fringe - did you miss the bit where he says XR don't agree with him? 

We shouldn't use literally the worst person on any side of any debate as a stick with which to beat the whole side.

• 1 month later...
On 24/10/2019 at 11:46, MixuFruit said:

The whole Malky ouevre is just "I am aware of and threatened by the superior intellect and morality of my children's generation and I am going to spend my remaining years wrecking their ambitions"

There is no great "superior intellect" or "morality" involved here, these things are a matter of "pride" and "habit" for the most part i'm with Malky3 on this one.

It's the millenials who come to my work and proudly tell me that they need to shower twice a day, their work clothes go through the washing machine every day after work and that's before I get to their mobile phone use (I shower once a day after work, my clothes washed at weekends as necessary).

I grew up in the 1970's when all packets were paper and all bottles were glass, if anything this world is going backwards while hiding behind "intellectual arguments".

I work in a small/medium size business which employs about 12 people, we fill a large skip with polythene/ plastic banding/cardboard/paint/cement, over a ton every week? About the same amount goes outward as we complete jobs and as far as I can tell you, all of it goes into landfill. That's not the fault of the millenials but they cannot do anything to change what they take part in, the recycling plants for all of this just do not exist. Technology can't really improve that situation, profit margins nationwide just don't allow for it.

It's one of these who came to my work, the younger generation always claim to know better, now she's a bit older married a man with money who bought her a Porsche Cayenne turbo-diesel, go figure. Yes legislation/technology might improve these things but believe me people's habits/pride is what the greater problem is, it always changes by the age of 21, when reality finally sets in, so god only knows what millenials will be like in 10 years time.

Superior intellect and morality are for people hiding from truth - that millenials if anything are wasting more than my generation ever did. 

There is no great "superior intellect" or "morality" involved here, these things are a matter of "pride" and "habit" for the most part i'm with Malky3 on this one.
It's the millenials who come to my work and proudly tell me that they need to shower twice a day, their work clothes go through the washing machine every day after work and that's before I get to their mobile phone use (I shower once a day after work, my clothes washed at weekends as necessary).
I grew up in the 1970's when all packets were paper and all bottles were glass, if anything this world is going backwards while hiding behind "intellectual arguments".
I work in a small/medium size business which employs about 12 people, we fill a large skip with polythene/ plastic banding/cardboard/paint/cement, over a ton every week? About the same amount goes outward as we complete jobs and as far as I can tell you, all of it goes into landfill. That's not the fault of the millenials but they cannot do anything to change what they take part in, the recycling plants for all of this just do not exist. Technology can't really improve that situation, profit margins nationwide just don't allow for it.
It's one of these who came to my work, the younger generation always claim to know better, now she's a bit older married a man with money who bought her a Porsche Cayenne turbo-diesel, go figure. Yes legislation/technology might improve these things but believe me people's habits/pride is what the greater problem is, it always changes by the age of 21, when reality finally sets in, so god only knows what millenials will be like in 10 years time.
Superior intellect and morality are for people hiding from truth - that millenials if anything are wasting more than my generation ever did. 
^^^ Nothing has ever happened less than this utter drivel

6 hours ago, BILmac1967 said:

tenor (2).gif