XR extinction rebellion

Assasinach

37 minutes ago, ForzaDundee said:

We're not at all.

You have any reason to think our safe European homes are safe for more than a wee while ? Bunker or prepped ! 

I think there is a hoped for cull of a couple or few ,000,000,000 people planned for the next ten years. 

5 minutes ago, Assasinach said:

You have any reason to think our safe European homes are safe for more than a wee while ? Bunker or prepped ! 

I think there is a hoped for cull of a couple or few ,000,000,000 people planned for the next ten years. 

Burden of proof is on you I'm afraid. 

Cutting back on consumption of fossil fuels and diverting from the path of progress like these XR people call for would force millions into poverty, and starvation and lower the quality of life of everyone else. You need decent evidence for your argument if you want to convince me that it's worth it.

Muk fee FD.

My reckonings are that there is a concerted committed and long in plan group of the MIC who have long planned for a cull involving war , of a scale yet experienced that includes environmental destruction. 

I suggest you tell me your reasons not to believe that is what the last few decades of western democracies governments actions indicates. 

Tbh. For the sake of my offspring and other youngsters I hope you are right. Though I do think another 11 yrs is optimistic. Suggesting Scotland will qualify for a major finals and be thwarted by Armageddon. 

IPCC report if you want informed types. Met a few who’v given up writing reports cos it makes f**k all difference to folk driven by the here and now profit addicts. 

Burden of proof is on you I'm afraid. 
Cutting back on consumption of fossil fuels and diverting from the path of progress like these XR people call for would force millions into poverty, and starvation and lower the quality of life of everyone else. You need decent evidence for your argument if you want to convince me that it's worth it.

Why do we need to convince YOU specifically? Do you have a button that activates the climate emergency protocols?

11 hours ago, Assasinach said:

Muk fee FD.

My reckonings are that there is a concerted committed and long in plan group of the MIC who have long planned for a cull involving war , of a scale yet experienced that includes environmental destruction. 

I suggest you tell me your reasons not to believe that is what the last few decades of western democracies governments actions indicates. 

I'm not a fan of Made in Chelsea (MIC) either but I think that's probably taking it a bit too far.

57 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Why do we need to convince YOU specifically? Do you have a button that activates the climate emergency protocols?

Well this is a forum where individuals can share and debate their views. If he's on this forum looking to convince the masses rather than individuals like me then he's chosen the wrong sphere. 

Another bunch of misinformed Malthusians.

They always assume whatever trend is in motion will remain in motion. This is how Thomas Malthus first alarmed the world with An Essay on the Principle of Population, where he observed that an increase in a nation’s food production improved the well-being of the populace, but the improvement was temporary because it led to population growth, which in turn restored the original per capita production level. His entire argument was that we should all be dead by now because we would not be able to produce enough food. What he failed to understand is that there are cycles to everything.

23 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

They always assume whatever trend is in motion will remain in motion. This is how Thomas Malthus first alarmed the world with An Essay on the Principle of Population, where he observed that an increase in a nation’s food production improved the well-being of the populace, but the improvement was temporary because it led to population growth, which in turn restored the original per capita production level. His entire argument was that we should all be dead by now because we would not be able to produce enough food. What he failed to understand is that there are cycles to everything.

And Snudge says he uses his a lot, good lad.

On 15/06/2019 at 23:36, sfha said:

We now eat plastic through our fish suppers. 'nuff said, we are fuc*ed

Agree with that

23 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You lost me with the per capita productivity thing

I take it few folk believe the warnings that globally we have at best 11 years to avert an environmental catastrophe. 

Had my hedonistic decades of not giving a flying one but do feel a bit of guilt. Only excuse is always felt the game was a bogey and the abrahamic folk would fullfill their prophecies  . 

Posted this on p &b cos football has always been for me the best distraction in the world. Capable of so much but ultimately like the universe, pointless.

✌️

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, Dee Man said:

This is one of the massive generalisations and assumptions that have been made about the commuters on that train as if they're all working for multi-nationals or big businesses that can absorb that sort of absence. What about the employees working for small businesses where both the worker and company will have been financially hit?

I didn't assume that however very few businesses would be seriously financially hit due to a 10 min delay to their journey.

6 hours ago, bennett said:

Talk about being full of yourself. ....

Care to explain? I don't think explaining what my experience of 0hr contracts makes me being full of myself. Only that a good employer would be happy to accommodate minor disruption out with the employees control and I'm my experience most employers are happy to do so - others have shared their experience I felt it was reasonable to share mine.

XR say they want to look their kids in they eye without any guilt.

Well I want to look my kids in the eye and say on my death bed "I have left you a home and an insurance policy that will set you guys up, that you can then use as an asset to set up your kids."

All thanks to fossil fuels and the oil industry.

Global warming would have happened anyway.