Social Media

TugW

Social Media Volunteers (x2)

At the Scottish Junior Football Association (SJFA) we are keen to progress our digital activities by increasing our social media output. Subsequently, exciting opportunities have arisen to add two highly motivated volunteers to assist in the running of our channels.

We are looking for volunteers who can increase the SJFA’s digital presence and marketability by providing fans with insightful content on a regular basis. The roles provide an excellent opportunity for anyone who is eager to pursue a career within digital or social media. Our volunteers will be responsible for the promotion of the Junior grade of Scottish football and in return will gain hands-on social media management experience.

Purpose of the Role

Assist in the management of the SJFA’s social media accounts, particularly on matchdays.

Work together with clubs and the governing body to create a content plan.

Develop relationships with photographers/club officials to source social media materials.

Design social media content which builds interest around forthcoming fixtures and events.

Research the history of the junior game and specific clubs, to discover key moments/dates.

Act as a point of contact between fans and the SJFA.

Person Specification

Ideally studying or recently graduated in marketing/media/journalism or a related degree.

Highly motivated and looking to build experience within social media.

Passionate about Scottish football, particularly the lower leagues.

Actively interested in social media trends.

Requirements

An understanding of the landscape of Scottish football, particularly at Junior level.

A working knowledge of social media channels especially Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Proactive and keen to develop new ideas, from inception through to delivery.

A good writing ability and great attention to detail.

Competent in graphic creation or video editing (desirable).

Social media, blogging or web management experience (desirable).

Able to provide a minimum of four hours of spare time per week.

(As this role is based remotely, volunteers should be comfortable working from home)

Applications

To apply please send a CV and covering letter to AFITZS200@caledonian.ac.uk

Regards

Tom Johnston
Scottish Junior FA

As a guy who has worked in SEO & marketing why the feck has it taken so long to get this idea out there.

I feel there is much criticism on junior football rightly or wrongly but if you are in business and part of the business building blocks is leaving i.e. 'teams' and 'spectators'  then this should have been done long, long ago when cracks started to appear.

Why they are asking for is correctly stated by 'the mighty'. For some mad volunteer to do this must be mental.
The only person I could see doing this is a Uni student in media and marketing and doing it as part of their portfolio and if this is the option, then they, SJFA, should just contact universities and colleges

The sjfa hierarchy  are paid members and very well paid within their roles, it shouldn't be up to volunteers (unless they're maybe getting a few nice wee perks too) to do this. 

Just do your job guys and the job you're paid to do  which entails coming into the modern world via social media...... 

Edited by ThemightyHERTHA

3 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

The sjfa hierarchy  are paid members and very well paid within their roles, it shouldn't be up to volunteers (unless they're maybe getting a few nice wee perks too) to do this. 

Just do your job guys and the job you're paid to do  which entails coming into the modern world via social media...... 

Lol i have to be honest this is like the old junior supporter wanting everything to stay the way it is, old fashioned stadiums, no astro, a wee programme and no internet about the game, just turn up and watch.  But as our generation fade the young ones are coming through, not just players but supporters and yes you do need to get them on board but what the advert above is asking for is just too much and clutching at straws me thinks and I ain't a knocker of junior football or senior, it is what it is and we should all learn from the mistakes and problems each level has. but don't leave it too late before irreparable damage is caused

51 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Why they are asking for is correctly stated by 'the mighty'.

Which is probably why Herths commented....

If they really need PR, can I recommend Kinky Afro & Killiepieguy. It would be better than Sportscene.

Think most folk are aware that i do this and more in my spare time for the Talbot and a few other clubs. Would absolutely love to be involved in further promoting our grade but what puts me off it is the voluntary aspect, as the other poster said the skill set is valuable and sought after. More so being able to use multiple editing softwares, filming etc, I can take a snap shot of my inbox it's crazy the demand. 

It will likely draw students I'd suggest, which means if you are experienced you will have to do a bit of tutoring as well. Every year I find that students are a great bunch but find they only stay for a short period, often have clashing work commitments and move on to different projects/experiences. 

So aye, Tam if your reading pal, would love to apply for a position like this, ive no doubt it would be something special and easily rivial the seniors. Unfortunately I cant afford to do it for free. Hope you can get folk on board and look forward to the content.

Think most folk are aware that i do this and more in my spare time for the Talbot and a few other clubs. Would absolutely love to be involved in further promoting our grade but what puts me off it is the voluntary aspect, as the other poster said the skill set is valuable and sought after. More so being able to use multiple editing softwares, filming etc, I can take a snap shot of my inbox it's crazy the demand. 
It will likely draw students I'd suggest, which means if you are experienced you will have to do a bit of tutoring as well. Every year I find that students are a great bunch but find they only stay for a short period, often have clashing work commitments and move on to different projects/experiences. 
So aye, Tam if your reading pal, would love to apply for a position like this, ive no doubt it would be something special and easily rivial the seniors. Unfortunately I cant afford to do it for free. Hope you can get folk on board and look forward to the content.

Crowd Fund a wage [emoji85]