Gender Self-ID

ForzaDundee

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

There were plenty of shared toilets in Belgium, of the dozen or so different bars/restaurants I was in last week, the majority had a single entrance to an open plan area, urinals to one side but in full view and cubicles, sometimes with gender-specific signage, sometimes not. However as this was the only toilet facility it was obviously there for everyone.

A lot of them were dilapidated suggesting the Belgians have been fine with this arrangement for some time.

In lots of ways the UK still lives in Victorian times in regard to bodily functions.

I had to wait 10 minutes for a pee at Edinburgh airport last week because the male toilets were closed off as a female cleaner was busy in there. Europeans would laugh at such an utterly ridiculous concept....female cleaners go about their business (so to speak) in male toilets, without there being any problem for them or male customers.

In the UK we're far too quick to equate all these things to sexuality.

I blame Boris Johnston and the fucking Tories. 

13 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://grousebeater.wordpress.com/2019/03/29/taking-umbrage/

He and his counsel argued Campbell champions gay rights, and indeed he has “praised the US whistle-blower Chelsea Manning as a hero”

Hmm.

What's gay rights got to do with it?

The Yes campaign disowned him for some tweets he wrote about Chelsea Manning last autumn. When I bring it up, he defends Chelsea Manning's right to live as she chooses, but can't help adding: "as far as I'm concerned, at least until you've had the operation you're still a bloke in a dress. If you've still got bollocks and a Y-chromosome. There I am, I've just said it on tape. This is why I get in trouble."

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/43884b/cybernat-campbell-the-blogger-trying-to-break-up-britain

• 5 months later...

Emily maitlis has just acted like a bit of a knob on newsnight, absolutely grilling an NHS consultant for no reason.

They've got a piece going about people having gender reassignment (to different extents) but then regretting it later in life.

It was quite interesting but maitlis was like an attack dog and I can see nothing to be gained from that - unless she simply wants to create a social media backlash (looking for clicks).

The consultant was trying to answer questions honestly but was getting worn down for no purpose. An interesting debate ruined.