Gender Self-ID

ForzaDundee

Apparently the Scot Gov are announcing legislation for this on the 25th June, lots of debate about it from the usual Twitterati suspects.

I'll always vote for the SNP but surely this will be a massive vote loser and is conceding the sensible middle ground.

13 minutes ago, ForzaDundee said:

Apparently the Scot Gov are announcing legislation for this on the 25th June, lots of debate about it from the usual Twitterati suspects.

I'll always vote for the SNP but surely this will be a massive vote loser and is conceding the sensible middle ground.

Outside the lunatic fringe of the twitterati, no one will notice. Some bloke in Bath might have a fit. 

Edited by welshbairn

Would this mean a wierdo could self proclaim to be female and then use the female changing rooms at the local sports centre?

Sounds dangerous if not thought through properly but if safeguards aren't put in place then it could cause a lot of problems.

Will wait for more details though. Would this allow males who identify as female to take part in female sports events?

The above is looking at it from a what could go wrong perspective hopefully the legislation will deal with these things sensibly.

9 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Sounds dangerous if not thought through properly but if safeguards aren't put in place then it could cause a lot of problems.

Any safeguards against allowing self identifying women from using the womens toilet would be illegal.

9 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
16 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Asking for a mate, like?

The work the government of Scotland have done on educating people about LGBT is a great achievement, hopefully it carries on but people's safety has to be considered for the criminal element.

What criminal element?

49 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

What criminal element?

The hordes of beardy people in dresses who will be hanging around women's toilets of course. 

Edited by welshbairn

20 minutes ago, ForzaDundee said:

Any safeguards against allowing self identifying women from using the womens toilet would be illegal.

God knows what will happen to unisex toilets, the fabric of the universe could collapse.

1 hour ago, ForzaDundee said:

I am very proud of our government doing something because it’s right rather than because it’s popular.

It’s very refreshing, particularly in the present populist political climate.

26 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I am very proud of our government doing something because it’s right rather than because it’s popular.

It’s very refreshing, particularly in the present populist political climate.

If it isn't popular, then it isn't right.