Scotland vs Argentina - Wednesday 19th June, 8pm

HibsFan

4 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

But the point is VAR worked effectively, it got the big decisions right. You’re talking about the application of it, which still needs work. 

I don’t like VAR one bit but tonight wasn’t some VAR disaster - no worse than the rest of the time it’s used. Had England been knocked out in such circumstances this place would be full of people laughing their cocks (sic) off.

"cocks (sic)"  ?

Seems ok to me.      

We have heard nothing but how well the team have  done to qualify, accepted. But when push came to shove we couldn't see out a game with about 15 mins to go and 3-0 up . At any level of serious football that is not acceptable.  Everyone involved, coaches,  players and SFA need to take a long hard look at where we REALLY are and  make sure the ever increasing funding is channelled correctly.  Had enough of this from the mens team, we must do better on both fronts. Got the usual grief from the wife for shouting at the telly, we so much deserve so much better in both mens and womens game.

For people failing to understand this photo, she is not the red distance away from the line. The keeper is the blue distance away (roughly) as she is off her line but in the air, making her look closer to the line that is actually behind her.

PS I'm sure someone can do a better photoshop to show it than me.

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--40940847.jpeg

1 minute ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

the keepers feet are on the goal line when penalty is struck, why cant VAR look at that again.All the mistakes made in this game should mean a replay at least.

They really were not

8 minutes ago, ForzaDundee said:

Why didn't VAR check notice that the free-kick in the build up to the penalty was taken when a subsituted player was still on the field of play?

I've not seen the incident so can't comment too much, but VAR is only used to advise the ref on CLEAR AND OBVIOUS incidents they've missed.

Either way, I feel that scrambling about moaning about a phantom free kick and blaming the officials, after horsing away a three goal lead, is a bit pathetic.

People sticking up for 'the rules' who just want to use it as an excuse to have a go at Scotland maybe want to explain how 'the rule' that states VAR is to be used for a clear and obvious error took 7 different people with 20 different camera angles 5 minutes to make a decision

No-one can fault that team tonight for effort. That must be heart-breaking. Let's leave the post-mortems until tomorrow.

I disagree. They let themselves down badly in the last fifteen minutes, and they were hung out to dry by their incompetent manager. For 75 minutes they were excellent. You absolutely can blame them for effort, but the postmortem should start and end with the manager.

Argentina allowed to take a free kick while sub is being made that led to the penalty.

The referee is abysmal for a fucking World Cup I wouldn’t want the refereeing an under 12s game

Completely agree, but she wasn’t the reason Scotland are out. Neither was VAR.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've not seen the incident so can't comment too much, but VAR is only used to advise the ref on CLEAR AND OBVIOUS incidents they've missed.

Either way, I feel that scrambling about moaning about a phantom free kick and blaming the officials, after horsing away a three goal lead, is a bit pathetic.

See the video here. It is a clear error by the ref and should've been brought back.

https://twitter.com/Reidstopher/status/1141452922343104512

Just now, cyderspaceman said:

Sometimes the opposition raise their game. It's not necessarily a case of bottling. Perhaps poor tactics. That's not bottling.

It's the latest in an extremely long line of and entrenched history of bottling

Which suggests bottling

Just now, killie_lad said:

People sticking up for 'the rules' who just want to use it as an excuse to have a go at Scotland maybe want to explain how 'the rule' that states VAR is to be used for a clear and obvious error took 7 different people with 20 different camera angles 5 minutes to make a decision

No one is sticking up for the rules at all. It was a fucking stonewall penalty though - don’t be that guy. 

1 minute ago, killie_lad said:

Anyone defending VAR is a virgin in my eyes.