Scotland vs Argentina - Wednesday 19th June, 8pm

HibsFan

Var is great it’s the idiots that can’t work out how to use it properly.

For start why can’t what 2-4 officials watching the tv screens just tell the ref it’s a pen why wait all that time then have to wait more time for the ref to run over

Then as for the new rule for gks on pens

They are absolute fucking clowns of the highest order

Its going to scare people to think that a dick like me is in any way involved in any kind of education but I have done some work on positive coaching in schools across the last few years (classroom based, not sports) which eventually led me to become aware of this charity http://www.winningscotlandfoundation.org/what-we-do/our-work/positive-coaching-scotland/

As part of my volunteering I went to a few different sessions where it was mentioned that our big issue in Scotland is accepting praise and also thinking "we can" instead of "why we can't".    You'll see it all the time in work/personal life "Good job mate" or "nice hair cut" etc only to get a reply of "Its nothing", "not a big deal", "Ohhh I don't like it".

The reason I am saying this is I think its a reason for our failures at many sports across my lifetime.   We just don't have faith in ourselves as people, these doubts then lead to poor performance in work/life/sport and unfortunately poor mental health for much of our population.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, LincolnHearts said:

That referee should be removed from the tournament.

Sadly, that's a general weakness of the women's game. 

These officials turn out weekly in front of a handful of people, and now they're expected to make vital decisions at a world cup with thousands watching.

It's like asking the guys who referee amateur football in Scotland to turn up and officiate at an Old Firm Scottish cup final. 

Good to see the womens team following the mens historic trends of glorious failure.
There are so many failures in general society in this country that this isn't a surprise.  
killie will be next in Wales [emoji24]

VAR is a good idea turning in to a monster. The spontaneous nature of the game is absolutely gone with VAR. With VAR you are at the discretion of the referee too as its shown in tonight's game and the Nigeria one (against the hosts) a pish ref is what's between you and getting through, or not even getting a legit penalty re-looked at (us v Japan) with VAR. If VAR is to stay, it probably has to end up like in tennis, NFL - each team gets to call their own VAR decision in each half. Until the referees are robots, VAR is at the mercy of some stinking referee.

Still, Scotland to throw that lead away was ridiculous. 3-0 up with 15 minutes to go is insane. Kerr needs to take a bit of flack, should have made a change before the 80th minute. 

Scotland find another way to through it all away.

1 minute ago, J_Stewart said:

Shut your fucking hole you bigoted arsehole

Come on mate. What other explanation was there for that referee? Clearly she had little to no real comprehension of what was going on there. 

She certainly wasn't picked on the basis of ability going on that performance. The fact is, that football tournaments for both men and women have the refereeing quotas to fill from each confederation. A strong referee from another confederation has likely missed out on officiating at a world cup for what is essentially a quota filling exercise. 

4 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Who the f**k comes up with these rules it’s already hard for keepers on penalties why try make it almost impossible for them to be able to jump.

They've relaxed the rule - previously keepers needed to have both feet on or behind the line though that was never enforced unless the goalie was taking the piss. Now they only need to have one foot on the line, but with VAR they can enforce it properly.

4 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Shut your fucking hole you bigoted arsehole

What are you on about? This is the pinnacle of women's football so only the best referees should be used. This North Korean wouldn't even make a list of the top 1000 women refs in the world. Why is allowed to do this game and ruin it for professional athletes who dedicate their whole live to the sport?

Forget VAR - being 3-0 up with twenty minutes left and not winning is pathetic. VAR will cover up an absolutely farcical collapse. As annoying as it is, technically no decision involving the penalty was incorrect.
The penalty was a foul, no doubt, but I'd take issue with "no decision was incorrect". The ref let Argentina take the free kick that led to the penalty while Scotland were making a sub, so a player short. That can't be allowed surely.

If VAR can check a keeper stepping an inch of the line, surely it can check for the ref making a c**t of it at the sub.

That said, agree, the penalty was the final nail in an epic collapse and the shitness of VAR will cover up for that to a degree.

On the plus side, VAR might push up spectator numbers in lower league and non league games fans get fed up with it. Have to say, at far, it has been an absolute disaster (for me).

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

Its going to scare people to think that a dick like me is in any way involved in any kind of education but I have done some work on positive coaching in schools across the last few years (classroom based, not sports) which eventually led me to become aware of this charity http://www.winningscotlandfoundation.org/what-we-do/our-work/positive-coaching-scotland/

As part of my volunteering I went to a few different sessions where it was mentioned that our big issue in Scotland is accepting praise and also thinking "we can" instead of "why we can't".    You'll see it all the time in work/personal life "Good job mate" or "nice hair cut" etc only to get a reply of "Its nothing", "not a big deal", "Ohhh I don't like it".

The reason I am saying this is I think its a reason for our failures at many sports across my lifetime.   We just don't have faith in ourselves as people, these doubts then lead to poor performance in work/life/sport and unfortunately poor mental health for much of our population.

Did we really blow this due to lack of confidence in ourselves though?

Players looked shellshocked, then it was heads-gone - not like they expected it.

Poor game management to be 3-0 up and cruising then screw-it-up.