Shelley Kerr interview:

First goal is a fee kick.

Appalling decisions.

Ball on pitch and allowed play on.

Farce re not allowed substitution.

Gutted.

First goal put us under pressure.

Officiating was really poor.

We've been a victim of decisions in every game.

We have to see game out better.

12 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

VAR aside no excuses for losing a 3 goal lead and I thought it was a clear penalty. Thought Scotland have been a little bit poor at times in this tournament in possession. 

Whilst it needs to be used to stop goalkeepers jumping 4 feet off their line before a kick, that clearly wasn't the case here and it was not clear and obvious. 

Would have been nice to have had the 15 minutes of injury time that should have been played though

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tbf, she's several feet in front of the line when she needs to be on it (almost old-style). Retake is justifiable rules-wise.

Oh i understand the rule. I was asking more where do you draw the line on what VAR is used for.

When it first came in - i don't think checking the position of a gk at a penalty was on the list.

3 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tbf, she's several feet in front of the line when she needs to be on it (almost old-style). Retake is justifiable rules-wise.

That's a bad angle as she is off the ground. It's a foot at most and she is infront.

2 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

The referee was absolutely abysmal but surely VAR actually operated effectively in this game? Not giving the Argies that penalty was a hilariously bad decision. The rules are shite but that’s not VAR’s issue.

I disagree. If it takes a full 8 minutes to  make a decision and carry out the resulting award when it should have taken two at the very most, it's not effective at all. 

Especially when that 8 minutes does not then get added on at the other end. If this is the way forward, then they HAVE to pause the clock for VAR decisions until the point where play is restarted again. That is the only way it will ever be effective or approach efficient. 

3 minutes ago, keptie said:

Of all the scenarios predicted for us to blow it don't think what actually happened would have been seen as realistic even for Scotland..unbelievable.

Anything is on the table when it comes to Scotland bottling

17 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
28 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:
Its going to scare people to think that a dick like me is in any way involved in any kind of education but I have done some work on positive coaching in schools across the last few years (classroom based, not sports) which eventually led me to become aware of this charity http://www.winningscotlandfoundation.org/what-we-do/our-work/positive-coaching-scotland/
As part of my volunteering I went to a few different sessions where it was mentioned that our big issue in Scotland is accepting praise and also thinking "we can" instead of "why we can't".    You'll see it all the time in work/personal life "Good job mate" or "nice hair cut" etc only to get a reply of "Its nothing", "not a big deal", "Ohhh I don't like it".
The reason I am saying this is I think its a reason for our failures at many sports across my lifetime.   We just don't have faith in ourselves as people, these doubts then lead to poor performance in work/life/sport and unfortunately poor mental health for much of our population.

Sweeping generalisation it was just shite management. The reason we suck at football is down to lack of funding and good facilities. If anything we are overconfident and arrogant towards other nations.

Completely disagree.

Just now, ForzaDundee said:

That's a bad angle as she is off the ground. It's a foot at most and she is infront.

14.3 The goalkeeper must have at least part of one foot on/in line with the goal line when the kick is taken; cannot stand behind the line.

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

And...and...you never finished. You have just described the long-acknowledged Scottish Cringe, a chronic condition in which this nation and much of its population bow in obsequious and cringeing respect to their Superiors, all the while wearing their self-loathing like a badge of pride.

They go by various names...Unionists, Royalists, Anglophiles, Shitebags, Quislings, whatever, and they infest the letters pages of the Scottish press and the airwaves on any given day

Too wee, too poor, too thick; verminous beggars, that's us. No wonder it's difficult for our weans to get out there and compete when so many Scots prefer to walk on their knees. The Enemy Within and no mistake.

Completely agree.

The Scottish Cringe (never heard of that term before) is the perfect summation of what I learned.  From when I was at school people got slagged/bullied/battered for being smart and knowing the answers in class.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Oh i understand the rule. I was asking more where do you draw the line on what VAR is used for.

When it first came in - i don't think checking the position of a gk at a penalty was on the list.

Why wouldn't it be?

She broke the law so it was retaken, its not debatable. Blame the manager and players who bottled a three goal lead, not the officials who were simply, correctly, doing their job.

The only thing worse than the absolute farcical end to that game is people absolutely desperate to defend it and lay the blame all on Scotland, just another aspect of the Scottish cringe. We were cheated by outrageously poor officiating - on the free kick being taken in the middle of our substitution, on the interpretation of Alexander being off her line, on the absolutely absurd lack of injury time. That has to go down as the most ridiculous end to a football game I've ever seen.

The rules for goalkeepers at penalties have been relaxed. So how many penalties were re-taken at last year's men's world cup for goalkeepers being off their line? 

The fact that the biggest competition in the history of the women's game is being used as an experiment like this by FIFA for laws introduced 2 weeks ago is a disgrace.