Scotland vs Argentina - Wednesday 19th June, 8pm

HibsFan

The only explanation for the lack of added time can be that the referee thought it had already been played during the VAR delays. I'm sure I saw her saying "five minutes" to one of the Scotland players after the whistle went. She must have known from the reaction of both teams that she had got it wrong, but doubled down rather than having the humility to correct it. She was dreadful all night - letting Argentina take a free-kick when Scotland were making a substitution being a particular highlight. 

Edited by DrewDon

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Kerr needs to shoulder a lot of the blame.  Smith was acomplete bombscare - an accident waiting to happen - it was no surprise that she was out of position for the first goal and then gave away the ball for the second.

She looked out on her feet and should already have been subbed

Mind when she was the sub gave away immediate penalty

3 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:
8 minutes ago, List_of_Jericho said:
What happened with the goal when they were a making a sub?

I think Argentina took the free kick before the sub could get in position. She had literally just stepped onto the pitch when the ball was launched into the box

Not necessarily the case here - but referees can now do that if they think the team making the sub has wasted time i.e. gone slowly?

Perhaps not, unsure.

A referee who was clearly out of her depth.
But VAR decisions are ridiculous.

England game - never a deliberate handball in a milion years.
Japan - a dive given as a penalty.
This game - what can I say.  Penalty - yes but should never have been retaken. And One MINUTE ADDED is an utter farce.
All I can say is that FIFA are a bunch of useless b*****ds.
This is my thoughts, word for word.

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

The only explanation for the lack of added time can be that the referee thought it had already been played during the VAR delays. I'm sure I saw her saying "five minutes" to one of the Scotland players after the whistle went. She must have known from the reaction of both teams that she had got it wrong, but doubled down rather than having the humility to correct it. She was dreadful all night - letting Argentina take a free-kick when Scotland were making a substitute being a particular highlight. 

A toigher ref would have red-carded at least one of the Argentinians - some of the tackling was really cynical.

Kerr needs to shoulder a lot of the blame.  Smith was acomplete bombscare - an accident waiting to happen - it was no surprise that she was out of position for the first goal and then gave away the ball for the second.
And her replacement who dived in recklessly and cost us the penalty?

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

She is totally to blame. Too much emphasis on this game.

Its going to scare people to think that a dick like me is in any way involved in any kind of education but I have done some work on positive coaching in schools across the last few years (classroom based, not sports) which eventually led me to become aware of this charity http://www.winningscotlandfoundation.org/what-we-do/our-work/positive-coaching-scotland/
As part of my volunteering I went to a few different sessions where it was mentioned that our big issue in Scotland is accepting praise and also thinking "we can" instead of "why we can't".    You'll see it all the time in work/personal life "Good job mate" or "nice hair cut" etc only to get a reply of "Its nothing", "not a big deal", "Ohhh I don't like it".
The reason I am saying this is I think its a reason for our failures at many sports across my lifetime.   We just don't have faith in ourselves as people, these doubts then lead to poor performance in work/life/sport and unfortunately poor mental health for much of our population.
Sweeping generalisation it was just shite management. The reason we suck at football is down to lack of funding and good facilities. If anything we are overconfident and arrogant towards other nations.

VAR aside no excuses for losing a 3 goal lead and I thought it was a clear penalty. Thought Scotland have been a little bit poor at times in this tournament in possession. 

Whilst it needs to be used to stop goalkeepers jumping 4 feet off their line before a kick, that clearly wasn't the case here and it was not clear and obvious.