Scotland vs Argentina - Wednesday 19th June, 8pm

HibsFan

I remember when Frank Lampard scored in a World Cup against Germany, it was about two feet over the line, the ref and linesman never gave it - I thought VAR would be great for that sort of stuff. Watching tonight, what a joke, it really could kill the game.

Having said that, 3-0 up with about twenty minutes left and you fcuk it up? Don’t deserve to go through. Sad to see, but the Scottish wummin’ managed to match the Scottish men for levels of fuckupability... or St Mirren in the 2010 League Cup final.

Is there something in our water that encourages f**k-ups of gargantuan proportions?

A referee who was clearly out of her depth.
But VAR decisions are ridiculous.

England game - never a deliberate handball in a milion years.
Japan - a dive given as a penalty.
This game - what can I say.  Penalty - yes but should never have been retaken. And One MINUTE ADDED is an utter farce.
All I can say is that FIFA are a bunch of useless b*****ds.
Also the missed handball against japan

VAR isn't a bad thing at all, but that sort of decision should be getting left to the officials to decide if a 'keeper has came off their line. 

I genuinely think the referee hasn't understood that she needed to add more time after VAR. Her worst decision by a mile was not awarding the penalty originally though, or dealing with the Scottish time-wasting before the kick was taken.

Scotland absolutely bottled that regardless. Pathetic collapse.

VAR is fine, the VAR should have given the pen straight away. It’s just the officials poor use of the system. Gave should
be replayed though, at least ten mins stoppage time. However, leading 3-0
after 75mins and drawing is scandalous.

Just now, HibeeJibee said:

It was a penalty, and by clarified rule was a retake.

She was about two inches off the line when the ball was struck.

Surely the rule isn't meant to lead to goalies standing behind the line or having to dive straight down to the side.

I thought the Scotland men’s team had every “fail to get out of the group stage” permutation covered, but fair play to the ladies. They have just come up with a very special way to join the plucky losers club. As a nation we are the absolute masters of screwing it up.

They can stick their VAR where the sun don’t shine. It will destroy the game everywhere but the USA where the VAR stoppages will be used for Gatorade adverts.